Telepathy: Thoughts & questions.

Discussion in 'Pseudoscience Archive' started by Dinosaur, Feb 7, 2013.

1. Bebelina kospla.com Valued Senior Member

Is it something we want to prove or is it one of those abilities that are best left as guessing eachothers secrets? It's not something we are allowed to do according to the rules of society. It would be considered invasive. Is humanity still evolving is something we also must consider or has it come as far as it was programmed to and is now one small step away from self-destruct? To prove it would be letting the public enter your most private space, is anyone really ready and willing to do that, and not only one but it takes at least two people. It's a fascinating field of unexplored science. If humanity still is evolving telepathy will occur more frequent naturally in our every day lives until it is considered as common as the internet today, but that is most likely many decades into the future.

If you want telepathy proven for yourself you can easily test thinking about people and see if they suddenly call or ask them later if what you thought about them was correct, or if they picked up on your message.

There are also test conducted in laboratories, with the nonsensical use of ping-pong balls, which takes all seriousity away from the whole area of esp. I would like new tests to be done under more suitable circumstances.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Bebelina kospla.com Valued Senior Member

Are you trying to say something?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

Member Lakon, prompted the following way to aid in describing the reason why I might consider all exchanges to be of psychic nature.
    Scenario:
    Imagine you are an Alien who can only see his surroundings and the interactions of others. You can not "hear" at a human audio frequency like you can with other races, you can only see.
    You witness the day to day interactions between people and wonder " are they all telepathic... they emit no sound and all they do is move their mouths up and down and make strange gestures with their bodies.
    You see many people talking into a hand held object but you hear no sound yet you know they are communicating with someone else.
    Must be telepathy involved, is the only conclusion you can make..

IMO the whole gamut of interactions be they intersteller noise or planetary core vibrations or the thought of a stranger 30,000 ks away are all of psychic origin or of physical origin... merely a perspective.

All things we do are part of the whole and you can call the whole what ever you like to call it.

just thoughts...and a way of looking...

I agree wholeheartedly that developing a psychic capacity can indeed be rather overwhelming and for some extremely scarey as not many are mature enough nor self developed enough to deal with the exposure or loss of privacy as they move towards a better and more governed Psychic "reflexology"

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. kwhilborn Banned Banned

@ Bebelina,

In a history filled without use of cellphones and radios it is likely there were many instances where people felt compelled to try psychic contact with friends and relatives far away. Much of psychic communication techniques are recorded and invented in the past. There were many possible secrets lost because of the Catholics rampage across the nations burning anything remotely scientific or dealing with Wiccan type psychic methods. Nostradamus was believed to have used a mixture of various drugs during his readings, but lost books and recipes will never be recovered.

I would suggest that we might have been more psychically aware then than we are now out of necessity and if anything are undergoing reverse evolution when it comes to telepathy. Where we once required it, we can now pick up a telephone and call someone. There is no need to sense if your family is in good health, as you can simply call them.

We are also taught that Psychic powers are unlikely as nobody has been able to prove that they exist in any manner that would pass repeated use of the scientific method.

I think we are progressing into a age where we are losing our abilities in this area, and we must wait for another period conducive to its development.

8. Bebelina kospla.com Valued Senior Member

You may have a point. But I still think we are evolving and towards a more telepathic society and that the new technology helps more than suffocates this ability.
    We are so used to always being in contact with the collective that when we log out a part of us are still in it. Other people are reading our posts and subconsciouslu transmitting their thoughts and feelings about it that we could pick up on. So perhaps the new esp is different from the one people had in the days of Nostradamus. Nostradamus himself being the exception to the rule, but common people I would guess only shared their consciosuness more intimately with only a few people at the time, the closest circle of family and friends, while today we connect to millions every day. It's an expansion of the worldview aswell as the consciosuness. But tell that to the ***** on the street, if ya know whatta mean.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

9. Robittybob1 Banned Banned

Hasn't evolution got to do with advantage? I feel cellphones must eliminate any advantage telepathically advanced types had. Cellphones require dexterity and proprioception. (Proprioception refers to the body's ability to sense movement within joints and joint position. This ability enables us to know where our limbs (thumbs) are in space. Gives ability to text without looking at the keys.) That seems to be the advantageous trait to have today!