Telepathy: Thoughts & questions.

Discussion in 'Pseudoscience Archive' started by Dinosaur, Feb 7, 2013.

1. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

From my experience and that of others there is only one Golden Rule to the correct use of the law of attraction.

"Do unto others as you would have done unto your self"
    "Ask of others as you would have asked of yourself"
    "Respect others as you would have them respect you"

and so on... the Golden Rule has so many reflective applications and can only lead to one result if employed in all we do and wish for.....

If the worlds population dropped it's egoistic positions and followed this rule we would have heaven on Earth for everyone, in a very short time.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. kwhilborn Banned Banned

@ QQ,
    The law of attraction does seem to have an entity/god controlling how it works. It is not about lack. If you affirm for a car you do not get one intended for someone else. As you say there is a collective conscious/god that organizes the thoughts.

If you get the parking spot more and more depending upon your faith. If you have faith you will get it 75% of the time then that is the way you invented it. You will get the parking spot that amount of times..

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Crunchy Cat F-in' *meow* baby!!! Valued Senior Member

Why are you so fu-ing niave? A little bit of research would have shown that QQ (and I actually like him) actually had brain damage that resulted in a minimm of schizoeffective disorder... if not just plain ol' schizroprenia (not bashing on you QQ). If you want to argue FOR psi than stop being such a god damnd c***, discard the the crazies, and demonstrate the phenomenon. If you can't then you fail. That is all.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

Hey CC why you got your knickers in such a knot?

8. origin Heading towards oblivion Valued Senior Member

Is this statement correct.

9. Crunchy Cat F-in' *meow* baby!!! Valued Senior Member

I was drunk at the time of posting and decided to express a moment of frustration at what appears to be kwhilborn not researching the people whom he is debating with to see where the stand on the mental fitness scale.

@kwhilborn

Sorry for the name calling.

10. Crunchy Cat F-in' *meow* baby!!! Valued Senior Member

Yes.

11. origin Heading towards oblivion Valued Senior Member

Thanks, I did not know that.

12. Crunchy Cat F-in' *meow* baby!!! Valued Senior Member

It's tragic, but as far as I can tell he just kind of got back on his feet and kept on pushing forward after it all happened. Kind of cool, but alas I don't want to derail the thread any further.

13. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

ha ha.. oh my goodness CC the arm chair psychiatrist who happens to know the causation of all mental illnesses? [ now that's schizo effective if anything]

Fair go CC... on what basis do you claim the broad diagnosis of schizo effective disorder?
    In fact if you could indicate your qualifications to make such a diagnosis to the board it would be appreciated... as obviously Origin and other more gullible posters may actually take you seriously...
    Keep in mind that the incident you are referring to occurred in 1987 and it is now 2013....

Just out of interest..CC

Do you believe that a persons beliefs are all that is required to determine mental health according to contemporary psychiatric requirements?
    If so then boy... are you in trouble....

I haven't heard "hallucinogenic" symphonic music in my head since 1991...when I learned what it was and how to master it, how is your orchestral head talent going? [Do you wanna know what it is and how to fix it without meds?]

and you feel you are fit enough to diagnose someone else according to your own self diagnosis? bah!

but you are correct in saying "it is tragic".. that the world tends to listen to the gossip of armchair psychiatrists.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2013
  14. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

and you still don't

15. kwhilborn Banned Banned

I did not know we researched members nowadays.

However.

I do have some sort of superiority complex when it comes to hard core skeptics on this subject. I 'suppose I shouldn't blame them, but it really is not that hard to research and become involved in trying this stuff out for yourselves. You rely too much on what others think.

@ CC,
    You claim to troll these forums for the psychological content. I seem to recall a few of the founding fathers of psychoanalysis (Dr. Sigmund Freud and Dr. Car Jung) were quite adamant that telepathy and other psi events were commonplace. Sigmund Freud believed he could telepathically communicate with his sister over vast distances. Carl Jung believed all this and more and had even coined the term "synchronicity" which is a sophisticated way of saying tiny miracle, or a meaningful coincidence.

@ CC still,
    Individuals who are "telepathically" linked must share strong emotional ties,(9) and the event that is transmitted should be charged with negative emotions.

Wait.. That was Freud who said that not me. I actually believe casual acquaintances can perform telepathy together and negative emotions are not necessary, so I guess I am not in full agreement with Dr Sigmund Freud either.

I am surprised that you still are on the skeptic side as adamantly as you are though. Proving or experimenting on Sciforums has no appeal to me and never has, although you were the only person who ever got me to agree to experiment here. I seem to recall I could not get you to send me a photo of yourself and instead of responding to my emails you started ranting about bias when you knew I was contacting you via IM and email. I seem to recall that you screwed up the intended experiment.

I actually thought you might have put 2+2 together by now and joined the side of enlightened intelligence.

QQ has started a website on parapsychology topics so no matter what your opinion is of him I would like to correct his reasoning on several topics.

Yes. It is hard not to feel sorry for theses skeptics. They are like cute little naive puppies.

16. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

@Kwilborn,
    funny you should mention Freud and Jung about Synchronicity... an article started [draft] for publication on the web site:
    I shall definitely have to make reference to Freud and Jung.. thanks for the lead..

and I welcome any discussion that may lead to a better understanding of the topics presented...

17. Crunchy Cat F-in' *meow* baby!!! Valued Senior Member

Actually it's schizoaffective (typo in my original drunken rant).

Read the description:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schizoaffective_disorder

Now go back and read some of those threads you have made in the past... you know the stuff. Like some government agency is psychically giving you and your family Irritable Bowel Syndrome or the Illuminati put a magical curse on you that would prevent other people from evaluating your website. Observe both your content and behavior.

We'll you did at some point mention (whether you agreed with it or not) the schizophrenia symptoms/treatment your doctor had let you know about, but beyond that there is this really cool thing that people can do. They can observe and compare. It's clear that delusions and non-organized thinking have been present for you and that is consistent with schizoXXX disorders.

Noted.

You'll have to clearly define mental health for that question to really have any meaning to it.

18. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

ok lets look at the wiki article:

note that it is a Psychiatric Diagnosis based on very specific criteria.

"persistence of symptom-ology, reoccurrence and severity." all play a significant role in ongoing diagnosis.

That it is based on the degree of societal dysfunction and not general and considered as "functional" mood or belief system behavior.

A question for you that is very relevant to what you incorrectly believe to be my situation.

"Is a person who has been diagnosed with "Paranoid Schizophrenia" able to ever recover from his condition?

Do the research properly and you may be surprised by what you find.

And note:
    Stroke related symptoms of NPD are considered as temporary and transient, subject to the recovery of the patients condition.

look up:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-NMDA_receptor_encephalitis
    for a comparative understanding...
    then ask yourself given the knowledge you feel you have :

What is the probability of an incorrect diagnosis by the psychiatric profession?

and your answer can only be "very high probability of incorrect diagnosis." given that the government systems do not perform thorough medical examinations on all it's clients on an ongoing basis.

19. Crunchy Cat F-in' *meow* baby!!! Valued Senior Member

Try it sometime, it really helps with perspective.

A more accurate statement would be that I absolutely rely on how others think.

And then some.

That sounds about right.

Why do you think emotions are necessary for "telepathic links"?

I vaguely recall a failed experiment, but don't recall what it was or why it failed; however, if the way you were contacting me was violating protocol or something then I would likely rant about it.

The interesting part is that you have constructed something in your mind that you classify as "the side of enlightened intelligence" and you perceive that as a good thing to be a part of.

I think I may have seen it (or some preliminary version of it).

http://oxford.skepticsinthepub.org/Default.aspx/19/What-is-a-Skeptic

Truth favors puppies.

20. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

as Origin repeatedly says:
    that is so wrong it isn't even wrong.
    Never mentioned Government agencies nor Illuminati or Prior Sion, or other secret organizations except one.
    Do you remember the organization I mentioned?
    Do you recall the mention of "carbon fibre discs" implanted under the skin of the right temple?
    Do you really want me to dig up the death certificate of the man responsible for sending my grandchildren, my friends children and numerous other people around the world in to hospitals for undiagnosed bowel, thyroid and thymus conditions?
    I bet you do...

21. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

Before you launch a counter:
    I note you failed to respond to this part of my post:
    why not?

Given what I know about your condition it is little wonder you invest so much time trying to find a conventional solution to your "problem".
    I can tell you now that apart from the mind numbing effects of Medication, medical science can offer you no solution....as is the same with any one else suffering "Mental health" problems
    What do you prefer Baroque, Romantic, classical or other more contemporary sounds and rhythms?
    So happy hunting CC...

22. Crunchy Cat F-in' *meow* baby!!! Valued Senior Member

Nope, although I seem to recall something about them singling you out at a mall or something.

Yes.

A question that is both enticing and creepy at the same time.

23. Crunchy Cat F-in' *meow* baby!!! Valued Senior Member

Allow me to respond then.

Why not what?

My "problem" has never turned into something that has affected my ability to survive, think, or function. That could always change but for now there is nothing to solve.

There is a member on this forum named FruityFigTree and I recommend checking out his most recent thread. See if you think that science has helped him or not.

I prefer the non-distrating ones (unless I want a distraction of course).