Temporary banning of Lord Hillyer and Prince_James

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by James R, Mar 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bells Staff Member

There has never been a need to have such a rule since I guess no one had thought anyone would be so stupid as to even suggest it.

The question that needs to be asked is why do you think sciforums is in need of a white only club? Keeping in mind that this is an internet forum and just about everything pertaining to race can and is discussed and rarely moderated. So why do you wish to belong to a 'white only' club in a science forum?

Why do you need to have a 'whites only' club?

After all, this is a forum open to everyone, regardless of race, religion, sex or colour. If you feel the need to belong to such a club, why don't you join one elsewhere? Why are you attempting to segregate this forum?

Why? After all, how would you know if all your members were in fact white? What would one have to do to meet whatever criteria you have set out? White is but a colour and lends nothing to one's ancestry. For example, an albino African would have the right to join because they would be white. Or would you restrict it to race? In which case it would be quite racist as well.

But why do you think some members should be denied the right to participate based on colour or race alone? Is it because you are all so weak that you cannot contemplate an opposing view?

Can't you even see how down right stupid it is to even have a 'whites only' club, or club for any colour for that matter, on the internet? How would you exclude the individual from participating? Would you ban them from the discussion? Again, keep in mind that you are not the owners of this site, so how would you go about doing that? How would you know all your members were in fact white?

And if you feel so inclined to join such a club, why don't you join one of the already established 'whites only' forums that exist on the internet?

So if a black person who had a white ancestor wished to join your little club and show pride in said ancestor, he would be denied entry or the right to participate because it is a 'whites only' club. You have said so yourself, they would not be allowed to participate.

Why do you think the only way to show pride in your ancestry is to segregate everyone who is not a particular colour? Aren't you insulting your ancestry by doing so?

So you say you aren't into "white power or anti-black measures", but you would deny a black person from participating in your forum? Yes, that makes sense and is not in any way hypocritical.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

So you think that this is a political protest?

Against what? Or more to the point, against who exactly?

Against the blacks or non-white members in this forum? If that is the case, you might have to revise the 'I am not into "white power or anti-black measures"' stance you supposedly adopted above.

So you don't think your colour makes you more superior to blacks for example? You are denying this?

No... You're not a white supremacist at all.

God forbid that your colour be beaten by those you have deemed to be beneath you and your colour based superiority.

What is the definiton of a white supremacist again?

white supremacist - a person who believes that the white race is or should be supreme
    Link

Hmmmmm...

There are more, but it appears that I have to go. More important matters call.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Prince_James Plutarch (Mickey's Dog) Registered Senior Member

James R.:

Easy peasy.

Here is one of your shining moments of refutation of scientific evidence as part of your ideological campaign:

http://www.sciforums.com/showthread.php?t=61052&page=18

By the way: This is what we call "putting up".

I'm sorry, James R., I didn't mean to be insensitive of the fact that you apparently do not understand reasoned English. I would speak absurd to you, but I never took any classes in it.

Three questions:

Since when do you own this forum, James R., that you should be able to decide what is and what is not allowed as a policy of Sciforums.com? Have you recently been given ownership, or even administration duties?

What was "racist" about my club? This has yet to be addressed.

Since when does ex post facto declarations hold sway here?

Why? We wanted to celebrate a specific type of ancestry related to us. Aka: White ancestry. Should chess clubs admit checker players? If so, then I suppose I'm waiting for my Chess Tournament to be censured for not letting those in.

I'm sure both Lord Hillyer and I would agree that we'd have no problem affiliating the club under an umbrella category of "ancestry clubs". Everyone should be proud of their ancestors, but we would like to discuss our own alone.

Please quote where I have said that "white ancestry is superior to every other ancestry"?

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Hercules Rockefeller Beatings will continue until morale improves. Moderator

Good Lord! James R, how on Earth did you arrive at that conclusion???

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. draqon Banned Banned

....and thats where the huge gigantic blocks of text had cause me convulging from the epileptical seizure.

8. madanthonywayne Morning in America Registered Senior Member

Did you ever see the bit about the black KKK member? It was hilarious. The guy was blind and raised by whites. When he found out he was black, he immediately divorced his wife for being a 'nigger lover".

9. leopold Valued Senior Member

biologically speaking none. there are no specific genes that determine race.
    so with that in mind your "whites-only" club doesn't exist and it never will.

don't tell me you are another JB.

look around PJ and you will see that the above is a typical propaganda ploy of the racist.

10. Prince_James Plutarch (Mickey's Dog) Registered Senior Member

Bells:

Sucks to be them, doesn't it?

Enjoyment of our culture in an area devoted to "free thought".

See above.

We are not segregating anyone more than any other thread that asks for certain people. For instance, my chess tournament asks, obviously, for chess players.

We take them on their word until there is other evidence.

And the term "white" in this context means a specific type of person, of which the colloquial usage of the term should be apparent.

But yes, we are restricting it to a racist. However, it is not racist: This is not a matter of malice.

It did not fit the role of the thread, which was for people of a certain ancestry to enjoy said ancestry.

We would ask them to leave and then ignore their input. We might even press the ignore button.

Same reason anyone joins sciforums: To discuss stuff here.

For instance: I could join a philosophy forum to discuss philosophy, or a math forum to discuss math, or a sci-fi forum to discuss sci-fi...But whoops, all those are here, too!

We require majority ancestry as reported by the individual, as far as I am aware. Hillyer and I would have probably considered such people, though.

How so?

All groups segregate some members. Does it insult their group's premise?

How is that? It is a prerequisite, nothing more. I am not calling said black person a nigger, or suggesting they pick cotton, or anything hateful. I am simply saying: Whoa man, we want to enjoy our ancestry. Sorry guy, but it is pretty clear you don't fit the bill. If you want to celebrate your ancestry, you can enjoy it somewhere else. That's fine.

In part, yes.

Double-standards.

Yes, I deny this statement.

I provided empirical evidence in a scientific book claiming that the average IQ in several African countries was within the retarded range in tha thread. As I am not retarded, but in fact have a 156 IQ, I'm afraid this means I am almost surely smarter than the vast majority of those living in said African nations.

Also, I did not say "being white" makes me superior in intelligence. But I am white. I might as well be from any other nation that has high average IQs, such as Japan, Korea, or Singapore.

I am going to requote myself to reply to this. Pay attention to the bolded word. Then tell me why a "white supremascist" would affirm this:

Also take into consideration that I provided a source of my assertions in a published book from experts in the field.

Of course I would be. Why would I not want my people to win? And to win gloriously?

When I root for the Yankees, or cheer for the Jets, or applaud Fedor Emelyanenko, am I not supporting their/his ultimate victory?

You will also note the entire purpose of said season on Survivor was to root along race-based lines.

Not at all. I simply want my race to win in a competition between races. They are my chosen team and one which I am a part of, by virtue of you know, being white.

Last I checked, Survivor was not the world.

Or am I speaking to Jeff Probst?

11. Prince_James Plutarch (Mickey's Dog) Registered Senior Member

12. leopold Valued Senior Member

Does Race Exist?
    If races are defined as genetically discrete groups, no. But researchers can use some genetic information to group individuals into clusters with medical relevance
    http://www.sciam.com/print_version.cfm?articleID=00055DC8-3BAA-1FA8-BBAA83414B7F0000

The term 'race' is usually used as a synonym for subspecies by biologists, though there is a degree of confusion over the term and both terms have a variety of meanings. There is no consensus definition for either subspecies or "race" in biology.[2][3][4] Some biologists do not accept the concept of classification below the species level whatsoever, arguing that subspecific classifications are not biological units and that they are subjective and arbitrary.[5]
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Race_and_multilocus_allele_clusters

do you have black blood PJ?

13. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

James, if someone makes a black only club, will you ban those people too?
    Just want to know where the administration stands in this.

14. Prince_James Plutarch (Mickey's Dog) Registered Senior Member

leopold99:

No, I am 100 percent white, from what I know. My ancestors came from:

Germany
    Ireland
    England
    France
    Sweden
    Finland

Also:

http://www.jefallbright.net/node/3214

The small difference can mean a lot. It is also found (surprise!) right inside the racial groupings that have been in use.

15. draqon Banned Banned

as far as I know my ancestors and me are 100% russian

16. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

jesus, you really are a mixed breed/mutt.

17. Prince_James Plutarch (Mickey's Dog) Registered Senior Member

Spuriousmonkey:

My ancestors liked to screw.

18. leopold Valued Senior Member

100%? you sure? especially when there is no genetic basis for race?
    i hate to lay this on you PJ but you are black, whether you admit it or not.

19. Bells Staff Member

Heh!!

I have heard of that. But this would amount to the same thing. Bunch of faceless people saying they were white and no one could know for sure if they were or not. In short, they would be the blind individual who divorced his wife for being a 'nigger lover'.

Yes.

I would imagine (and hope) the rule would apply to anyone regardless of race, sex, colour, sexual orientation, religion, etc.

More like sucks to be you..

So why must you segregate to enjoy?

I see. People can choose to play chess or not. And ANY member is free to participate in the chess thread if they so choose, even if they do not play chess.

And I will remind you that the tournament itself is held in yahoo and not on sciforums. But the thread discussing the tournament is not restricted to only people who play chess and anyone can participate in it.

As you have been advised, you are free to start your little whites only club anywhere. There are lots of forums that offer such forms of segregation and attitudes. Sciforums does not. All members are free to participate in all threads and forums, regardless of their colour, race, sex, sexual orientation, religion, etc. If you don't like it, tough. You knew what this forum was about when you joined.

Do you have any idea how pathetic you sound?

The term "white" means white of skin colour and race. So anyone who had white ancestry but was not white in colour would not be allowed to participate. So much for having such a "club" to show appreciation for one's ancestry. It would appear that you would only allow people to show pride in their ancestry if they were a certain colour, regardless if they were 97% white. And you say it is not malicious racism?

I am disappointed in you PJ. I had never assumed you to be so shallow.

Only if they were white.

Ancestry means crap all basically. As long as they were white as designated by the title of the club.. "white only"..

Why should anyone be restricted in what forums they participate in on sciforums? This was never a segregated community. And yet you wish to make it so.

Refer to above.

Anyone is free to participate in any thread and forum in sciforums. You wish to change that and have a colour coded club because you are a racist bigot.

And if said black person had white European ancestry, and wished to show pride in that? What then?

What double standard?

No one is allowed to form their own particular club that restricts or refuses 'membership' in any thread or forum. I take it you missed this bit in the opening thread:

So what double standard?

If you were allowed to go ahead with your little "whites only" club, YOU would be setting the double standard.

As you have been advised PJ, you are free to join segregated forums that do cater for your desire of segregation along racist lines. Sciforums was never about that. This is an open forum for all members to participate in all threads and forums as they so choose. If you don't like it, you are free to leave to find a forum that will cater to your personal desires.

20. Prince_James Plutarch (Mickey's Dog) Registered Senior Member

leopold99:

The websites I gave you seem to indicate otherwise, regarding genetic foundations for race.

21. Prince_James Plutarch (Mickey's Dog) Registered Senior Member

Bells:

To enjoy common ancestry, yes.

If you have no idea whatsoever how to play, you would not join it, and we would also ask you to leave. In fact, I have segregated at least one person - Draqon - for no-showing the last tournament.

And we can ignore them and tell them they are not welcomed.

I'm afraid I'm well acquainted with pathetic people. You, for instance...

No, actually. White means "ancestry". Someone with prominently dark skin from tanning does not become a non-white person. Nor are white ethnic groups, such as Greeks, who are darker skinned than say, Icelanders, excluded.

Yes. That was the ancestry in question.

Do you tire of strawmen at all, Bells? You use them so much, one would imagine you'd get sick of them.

You are fully aware of what the term "white" means.

They can post, but they will be ignored. They will also be asked to leave. And will be in violation of the rule of posting off topic in a thread.

And you're a cranky cunt.

Shall we continue with childish name calling more?

Do they classify themselves as primarily white? Is their black ancestry regulated to a distant relative?

Quoting James R. and his nonsense isn't very convincing, Bells.

And how would I be setting any double standard, once again? They are free to make their own club which has the exact opposite rules. How about "The Black Sciforums Members' Clubs"?

Or hey, Bells, how about you create in Free Thoughts: The Mixed-Race Sciforums Members' Club?

I repeat again: There is no "racism" apparent here. Simply a devotion to one's own culture and race and a celebration of one's ancestry.

Moreover, you will note that there is no coercion in joining our club. It was informal and required no one outside of those who filled the prerequisites and desired entry.

So really, you have not a leg to stand on. But then again, this is not surprising. You aren't very competant in rational discourse, as proven once again.

22. leopold Valued Senior Member

and the websites i gave you seem to say the opposite.
    face it PJ, the stuff that makes black "black" is in your white skin.

now what was you saying about "whites only"?

23. Nickelodeon Banned Banned

Why do you want to create a racist club on Sciforums? To make a point?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.