Thanks to Trippy

Discussion in 'SF Open Government' started by dumbest man on earth, Jun 21, 2014.

1. dumbest man on earth Real Eyes Realize Real Lies Valued Senior Member

1.) - Trippy, you appear to be "...leaving out relevant and known information to give a false impression."
    - This is what I actually Posted - the "relevant and known information" - in my Post #32 :
    And the following from my Post # 34 :
    Trippy, I respectfully refer you to :
    Trippy, my impetus for registering as a Member on SciForums was only to engage in Open, Honest, Earnest and Intelligent Discussions.

I have no impetus to "provide" any "argument".

Last edited: Jun 24, 2014
  2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. dumbest man on earth Real Eyes Realize Real Lies Valued Senior Member

I can only comment on the "...we are changing our minds all the time..." and the "...me to change my mind..." parts of your Post #36 :
    origin, I refer you to these relevant statements from my Post #34 :
    origin, I cannot comment on any of the other content in your Post #36.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

What is problematical is the weird interpretation some people seem to put on things.
    Someone says something, and the next minute some new amazing interpretation is put on it.
    Sometimes I just shake my head in disbelief.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. dumbest man on earth Real Eyes Realize Real Lies Valued Senior Member

Kittamaru, I cannot concur with your assessment of what an "especially intelligent conversation" is.
    An example : when a person is only conversing in an attempt at "changing someone" else's "mind", an intelligent person may just possibly and correctly perceive that as "Proselytizing".

8. dumbest man on earth Real Eyes Realize Real Lies Valued Senior Member

Kittamaru, If the "objective of" any member of "that discussion is to at least attempt to sway the other side" - would that not be more correctly referred to as an "Argument", or again, an example of "Proselytizing"?

9. origin Heading towards oblivion Valued Senior Member

ok

ok

10. Trippy ALEA IACTA EST Staff Member

On the one hand DMOE, if you claim to have never tried to change my mind you have no grounds for making a meaningful conclusion. If you're relying on evidence from my interactions with others clearly your sample is biased.

On the other hand, how can you claim to have not tried to change my mind when trying to change my mind forms the core of the interaction where you try and convince me that a particular post from paddoboy is trolling.

11. leopold Valued Senior Member

a good example would be discussing preliminary research results.
    this discussion would mainly be about the accuracy of the data and methods of obtaining said data, to flesh out any flaws (or try to).
    i doubt if there would be any kind of full blown debate.

12. Beer w/Straw Transcendental Ignorance! Valued Senior Member

Ideally, the forum should be a place for the exchange of information, not a court room.

13. rpenner Fully Wired Valued Senior Member

14. dumbest man on earth Real Eyes Realize Real Lies Valued Senior Member

Has any of what is described in the following, taken place in the previous 50 Posts in this Thread?

Just wondering?

15. krash661 [MK6] transitioning scifi to reality Valued Senior Member

yes ,post #1