The Ak-47 Russias Gift to the World

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by Buffalo Roam, Apr 23, 2007.

1. The Devil Inside Banned Banned

lets put it this way:
    my stepfather raised me in the michigan militia, i have fired a gun. haha!

you are claiming to be an expert here, but you claim the ak47 is an accurate gun...anyone who knows what they are talking about will laugh in your face.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

spuriousmonkey

No spuriousmonkey, Russia has put more weapons into the world than any other nation, now remember the AK is only one of the weapons that they sold in their cash and carry business, hell in a lot of situations they were arming both side of the fight, not only was it 90 million AKs, it was also tens of millions of RPKs, SKSs, PPsHs, DPK, RPG-1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-s, Katushias, and many others, in fact anything in their arsenals were for sale, why first because under communism their ruble was not a liquid international currency, and they needed hard currency on the international market, and now it still need hard currency to help pay its debts from the days of Communism.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. The Devil Inside Banned Banned

i hate to break it to you, but russia has had its debt forgiven by virtually every western nation.

most of the ak47's you are talking about that were distributed were actually manufactured and sold from soviet-BLOC nations, not the soviets themselves.

again, you have no idea what you are talking about.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. draqon Banned Banned

noone in this world has no idea of what they are talking about

8. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

I have been adding up the numbers of soldiers in Militaries of the world, and the number seems to be about 130,000,000 men is service of their country, now if you look at just the AK alone, it would arm 3/4s of those forces alone, that is with out any other weapon being issued, and not every solider is armed with a rifle, so how much excess production did the WARSAW Pact and Russia dump into the worlds trouble spots? if you look at all of their weapons? and it wasn't just to National Armies that they sold weapons to it was every little group that would cause the western nations trouble, and the really funny thing is that the same weapons that they sold so freely are now coming back to bite then in the ass, from the islamic terrorist, now that is a hoot.

9. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

The Devil Inside if you would noticed I have mentioned the WARSA Pact, that is, soviet-BLOC nations, the opposite of NATO, western pact.

You really don't read and comprehend do you.

10. mikenostic Stop pretending you're smart! Registered Senior Member

I was also in the military, the Marines. Even thought it wasn't my main MOS, I got to help teach a few marksmanship classes due to qualifying expert.
    Give me an M16/AR15 and you can take an AK-47 and we'll have a shooting contest and I'll show you just how inaccurate an AK is in comparison. I can consistently hit a target at 500 yards with an M16. An M-14 will make the AK look even less accurate.
    Granted AK's are more reliable, and don't require near as much maintenance, but accuracy is DEFINITELY not it's forte'. Now the SKS, that's a different story.

11. The Devil Inside Banned Banned

thank you.

12. The Devil Inside Banned Banned

i read and comprehend that the topic of this thread is "russia's gift", not "the warsaw pact's gift".

watch him backpedal! woooo hooooo!

go back to pretending to be rambo with your ps2, im sure its more convincing than what you spout here.

13. otheadp Banned Banned

the REAL weapon of mass destruction

it kills more ppl per year in the world than any other weapon

14. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

The Devil Inside

I still can't help it that you don't know how to shoot.

15. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

The Devil Inside

Now how about you defining accuracy? and the accuracy of the AK weapons platform, no it won't shoot with my M-40-A1, but it will kill very efficiently a man sized target out to 400 yard, and if your would take the time to read and comprehend I said it was surprisingly accurate:

16. The Devil Inside Banned Banned

accuracy
    1. the condition or quality of being true, correct, or exact; freedom from error or defect; precision or exactness; correctness.
    www.dictionary.com

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_the_AK-47_and_M16
    http://www.sff.net/people/sanders/ar.html
    http://www.defencetalk.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-2953.html
    http://wiki.bf2s.com/weapons/comparison
    every single source i can find supports what i say, and debunks the pseudo-knowledge you are claiming to have.

i doubt you were in the military if you dont understand the difference between accuracy and functionality.

continue backpedalling.

17. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

No back pedal, there are different standards of the judgment of accuracy in weapons, it depend on what the purpose of the weapon is.

Now take the M-40-A1, it is designed to be a precision weapon, to hit a point target out to 1000 meters, it is capable of sub minuet of angle groups at 100 meters, and I can shoot 5 shot cloverleaf with mine.

Now if you are talking about a assault rifle, of any class, a grouping of five shots in a 4 centimeter square is considered exceptional, the standard is not that hard to achieve if you are a properly trained rifleman, and from the fact that you have to go to a Wiki article with the citation of:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compari..._AK-47_and_M16

And this article make no reference to the practical accuracy of the weapon.

and a quote from this article

And even more so in semiauto

the table show that the AK-47 compares well in accuracy with any other type in this class of weapons

And everything you cite shows that you are blowing smoke, and don't now your ass from a hole in the ground about assault weapons.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2007
  18. terryoh Registered Senior Member

Russia's gift to the world? Aren't we forgetting hot female tennis stars?

19. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

terryoh, different set of weapons, thank and praise to the creator.

20. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

mikenostic

Go ahead and you can have a M-16, but I would not feel under armed with a AK-47, and I also own the M-14, and have used it in combat, It like the M-1 is one of the best battle rifles in the world bar or none, but we are talking assault rifles, and remember that most combat take place at less than 400 meters, and most kills are under 300 meters, and the vast majority of kills are at less than 100 meters, so tell me if the AK will hit a man size target reliably at those ranges?
    Now the one thing that I learned in combat was that you generally can't hit shit at full auto, the best way to engage a target is in semi, full auto is for squad and heavy weapons, M-214, M-60, M-2, or didn't you learn that in the Marines?

21. Zakariya04 and it was Valued Senior Member

Dear All,

to summarise we can conclude that the AK47 is popular cos it is a cheap rifle to buy, easy to maintain and very reliable. i would imagine this is why the militais go for such a weapon, as you dont need to ahve much training etc..

~~~~~~~~~~
    take it ez
    zak

22. mikenostic Stop pretending you're smart! Registered Senior Member

I agree with you 100% on full auto. It's much less accurate that way, but what do crew served weapons have to do with this?
    I didn't learn about the M214 or M60 because the M60 has since been replaced with the M240G (240B for the Army) and I don't know what the 214 is.

If most situations involve distances of <300yards, then I guess the Marines just need to take the 500 yard qual distance out of their marksmanship cirriculum then huh?
    We earned our nickname of Devil Dogs from the battle of Belleau Wood in WW1 because we were dropping German soldiers like flies from distances they never thought we could hit them.
    I never said the AK was a p.o.s. I wouldn't mind having one. I'd just rather have the M16. Just because it's less accurate than the M16, doesn't mean it's a bad weapon.
    I think comparing the AK and M16 is kinda like comparing apples to oranges.
    A better comparison might be the AK and the SOCOM M1 (M14 with a shorter barrel, etc. which IS an assault rifle).
    http://www.wgcshop.com/pcart/shopper.php?itm=TM-AEG-M14S_srch_1

23. Syzygys As a mother, I am telling you Valued Senior Member

Too much talk, not enough pictures, this is gold plated:

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

By the way, the Russians won the war because of the AK-47. The precise German guns all froze in the Russian winter, the Kalashnikov kept firing....