The American Dream

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by oedipus, Oct 6, 2003.

1. oedipus I enjoy fecal matter Registered Senior Member

What does the American Dream mean to you? Please feel free to be as open as you like, as this is for posterity.

thank you

oedipus

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. A Canadian Why talk? When you can listen? Registered Senior Member

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. nico Banned Banned

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. lixluke Refined Reinvention Valued Senior Member

I think the standard dream is to have a big house, car, family, and back yard bbqs. To me that's an American nightmare.

My personal dream is to have a building with a room at the top for me to sleep in. Then the other floors would be dedicated to my business. I would drive a geo metro because it's reliable, economic, and I see no need for any other more expensive car.
    Perhaps I would have my own school in a poverish country where I would give homeless children a high class education.

8. A Canadian Why talk? When you can listen? Registered Senior Member

My "CANADIAN" dream is............

9. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

To live in a free state that I can go where I want to and be with whoever I want to. To be able to get a good decent job that will not make me a slave or do harm to me. To be able to vote for whoever I choose without fear of reprisals. To be able to get a free and good education for at least 14 years of life. To live without fear of anyone attacking me or my fellow countrypeople. To have my own home that I own.

10. sargentlard Save the whales motherfucker Valued Senior Member

Women, Beer and Pizza.

11. A Canadian Why talk? When you can listen? Registered Senior Member

that makes 2 of us

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

12. The American Dream is a fallacious but happenin' device continually invoked by florid, jingoistic propagandists and unctuous politicians, similar in its absurdity to ideas like "the benefits of diversity" or a "war on terror".

It's not real.