The American way

Discussion in 'Business & Economics' started by odin, Dec 19, 2002.

1. odin Registered Senior Member

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. reformedtopunk got punk? Registered Senior Member

that my friends, is what happens when capitalism runs rampant. Profit is the number 1 priority, so if they can get free labor, they will. Legal or not. And they call people, living breathing people, with lives, familys, and loved ones, "human resources".

Iron is a resource. Oil is a resource. A human being is a person.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Joeman Eviiiiiiiil Clown Registered Senior Member

When capitalism runs rampant, if you don't like your job, you leave.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. reformedtopunk got punk? Registered Senior Member

i like my job. But its corporations that usually fuck over their employees.

8. *stRgrL* Kicks ass Valued Senior Member

Well Im sure they'll sue the shit out of Wal-Mart and come out a few million ahead.

Ahhhh.... how great it is to live the American Way!

9. Joeman Eviiiiiiiil Clown Registered Senior Member

What makes you think employees never fuck over corporations?

10. reformedtopunk got punk? Registered Senior Member

definately. I'm sure it happens. but which do you think happens more often?

11. Joeman Eviiiiiiiil Clown Registered Senior Member

It doesn't matter.

1. Our economy is built on freedom. If you don't like your job, you have the freedom to leave.

2. It is totally not for the corporations' best interests to fuck their workers over. Workers are the most important assets in a company. Happy employees are far more productive and valuable than unhappy ones.

3. The statement "corporations like to fuckover employees under capitalism" is very ignorant and false. There will be a few that does, because there are lots of incompetant managers, like mine for example.

Recommended reading list:

Capitalism and Freedom - Milton Friedman

If you have something against capitalism, read that book. Even if you are still against capitalism, you can put up better arguments in a debate after you have read it.

12. odin Registered Senior Member

So whats all this made to work for nothing then?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

13. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

u think this isnt NORMAL?????

hell no matter where i get a job i only get $7.50 an hr which in USD comes to roughly half that

out of that im surpose to pay school fees which r REQUIRED for the job, text books, knives, any equiptment the paticular boss decides i have to buy rather than it being a company expence ect

needless to say im STILL stuck at home cause i dont have a pray of afording to move out

just for the record what im being paid is LESS than the junior wages my sister was getting paid at safeway when she was 16 (she got $8 an hr)

14. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

just B\W have a look at how the australian banks treat not only there staff but there coustimers

record profits but less branches all the time

same with petrol industry

hell they should have been taken for calusion but we have a libral goverment

THANKS EVERYONE WHO VOTED LIBRAL, HOPE U LOVE THE $1 a litter petrol

well at least we have a left wing state goverment thank god

and bye bye upper house

15. CounslerCoffee Registered Senior Member

Lets not forget the resident Walmart employee! (Me) I have never been made to work overtime. If my boss asked me to work off the clock then I would say no. No frelling way. Those people are stupid and don't deserve any money, they did it because they thought they had to do it.

16. Empty Dragon Empty Registered Senior Member

Ah people are just to greedy.

17. NightFall Lazy Hedonist Valued Senior Member

i hate walmart. well.. not as much as i used too, but we'l see...
    my girls do a bakesale there every year, and they have a prgram where they match what we make from the baksale. Well, last we turned in our paper, and they said it will be a cpuple weeks.. and then i called and they said, ok , i see your file, its gonna be a few days, then they said, i see your file, its gonn abe a nother week.. after about 10 months of this i called WM HQ and they said "i have no record of you even having a bakesale there.

so we had another one this year and finally after 11 months i got ahold of the lady incharge of fundraising when i went to turn in this years form. I told her about all of the problems i had and she said she'd file me in for both amounts, this years and last years.
    We'll see what happens in January.

18. odin Registered Senior Member

Asguard

just B\W have a look at how the australian banks treat not only there staff but there customers

record profits but less branches all the time

same with petrol industry
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    There copying the UK example then,but you still have some catching up to do on the price of petrol.

19. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

luckly we have ONE good bank, the bendigo

and they r FINALLY investagating the petrol industry for colusion

GOOOOOOO the goverment (i actully like the tresure, but then he IS a repulican

)

20. Nightpoet Registered Senior Member

WHen I worked at Wal-Mart (two whole months, whoo! Worst job I"ve ever had, and I have pumped gas) we had to clean up the store after it closed, making us stay until 11, but we got payed for it. They were actually really good abut paying overtime and stats.

21. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

Capitalism....

22. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

"Wal-Mart, which turns over a cool $218 billion a year, came under massive attack from 400 employees from nearly 80 per cent of the shops it had in Oregon, reports stated."

..."Wally World"*.....

*aka: as my homestay mother calls Wal-Mart...

23. Clockwood You Forgot Poland Registered Senior Member

That is also why capitalism will never die except along with the human race. The law of capitalism is whatever works is good, whatever dosnt is bad. The society comes above any individual or group.

Sounds harsh but by its very definition it will work. Even if the nation falls, the society will persevere.