The begining

Discussion in 'Human Science' started by outside the box, Oct 19, 2011.

1. outside the box Registered Member

Hi, i'm new on here.

For my first post there is something I've always wanted to know.
    I know ancestors were apes, but has anyone ever thought that we didn't just evolve from one particular type.
    There are just too many differences in skin colour, height and features that make it hard for me to believe that we came from only one ape.
    I think Asian people came from a smaller ape for instance, just like we have smaller monkeys in present times.

This has probably been talked about lots, but I'd be glad to know.

Thankyou Chris

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. outside the box Registered Member

Sorry for my spelling mistake in the title

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. mathman Valued Senior Member

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

No, not exactly, but there were many species of hominid and some of those interbred with homo sapiens. The races could not have arose independently or else we would not be the same species.

8. outside the box Registered Member

Just googled homonid and thanks, that's just answered my question.

9. origin Heading towards oblivion Valued Senior Member

Look at all the vastly different types of domestic dogs. They are all the same species that came for the same ancestor (wolves).

10. herbbread Registered Member

Yeah, if you can believe that humans can evolve from a species as different as apes (or more precisely their/our ancestors), then it should be really easy to believe that in that much time (millions of years), humans in semi-geographical isolation can drift genetically to change something as minor as skin color, height, etc.

11. Thdaoub Guest

apart from apes, I think there may not be any ancestors, otherwise, there will be different kinds of human in the world.

12. mathman Valued Senior Member

After the split of hominids from chimpanzee ancestors, there were many different species of human types. Homo sapiens (us) is a late development and the only survivor.

13. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

There used to be many more types of human in the world. Even as recent as 10,000 years ago.

14. mathman Valued Senior Member

I think 10,000 years is a little close. Homo floresiensis may have survived till about 13,000 years ago, while neanderthal's last traces are about 24,000 years ago.

15. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Sorry I must have been thinking of Gigantopithecus.

16. Fraggle Rocker Staff Member

It's even more amazing than that. DNA analysis shows that they are all descended from a very small group (I mean like less than twenty) of domesticated wolves in northwestern Mesopotamia at the dawn of the Neolithic Revolution around 11.5KYA.

17. Lawsinium Registered Senior Member

LoL...

First of all, we didn't come from apes....it is just a theory ...

Second, asian did not come from smaller apes .....lol

If you look at how the first homo sapiens migrated from africa to america, you will be suprised that their heights, languages, cultures and colors also drastically changed. By analogy, black people are well done or overcooked while white people are undercooked or mushy. Brown people are half-half or wel-done. Factors that affect these attributes are geographical, equatorial, gravitational, rotational and adaptation.

Archaeologist and molecular biologists believe that modern humans originated from a certain area in Africa 160,000 years ago (first day on my 16-day calendar), travelled across the globe towards east and ended in South America (16th day in my 16-day calendar). B.C. starts from 160,000 years and ends to1 year BC. The timeline looks like this:

1st day...150,000…50,000…10,000…6,000…1,000....16th day

Take note that to appreciate how the first humans travelled all around the world, it would be good if one has a world map at hand to trace the route of their migrations and settlements. Use google map as your reference here:

From Africa, after 1 and half days, the group travelled outward to the south, north, east and west of Africa.

Then after 6 and half days from the first day, the group in Ethiopia crossed the Red Sea, Yemen, the Arabian Peninsula toward India. The Red Sea Crossing is where mankind develops the diversity of skin colors (from black to brown, yellow, red to white).

Then after 9 days from the first day, the group in Sri Lanka continued their migration to Indonesia, South China, crossing Australia by boat and all spreading back to Europe.

After 11 days from the first day, the group in Egypt travelled to Israel, Syria, Turkey, Bulgaria, Hungary then Austria.

After 12 days, there are now groups of people living in Europe, the Middle East, China, and Japan.

Then 14 days after, North America was occupied through Russia, Alaska and Canada.

Finally in 16 days, South America and continents all over the globe were now occupied by various races of man.

Although I represented my timeline here as ascending (1st day to 16th day),it is actually descending (160,000 years to 1 year). So,

1st day = 160,000 years BC > Africa

2nd day = 145,000 years > Ethiopia

6th day = 105,000 years > Yemen, Saudi Arabia, Iraq, Iran

9th day = 70,000 years > India, Thailand, China, Indonesia, Australia

11th day = 50,000 years > Egypt, Israel, Turkey, Romania, Austria, France

12th day = 40,000 years > Spain, Middle East, Central China, Japan

14th day = 20,000 years > Russia, Alaska, Canada, North America

15th day = 10,000 years > Mexico, Nicaragua, Venezuela, Brazil

16th day = 0 AD > the world just like we have today.

I hope this helps .....

18. Ellie Banned Banned

Lawsinium,

"Archaeologist and molecular biologists believe that modern humans originated from a certain area in Africa 160,000 years ago"

What does the word believe mean? Is it different for this case (cases like this) than others?

19. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

Pardon?

Gravitational?
    How much does gravity vary? What effect does it have?
    Rotational?
    Please enlighten us.

Another of your nonsensical ideas?

Nope.

Not in the slightest.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2011
  20. Ellie Banned Banned

What is the proof that all life (or is it human life) came from Africa? Just seems silly to me.

I mentioned this on another forum and a someone (maybe they are a little slow) called me a racist.

How would that make someone a racist? I would say the same weather it were China, Russia et,. etc., etc.

21. AlexG Like nailing Jello to a tree Valued Senior Member

Mitochondrial DNA, which is passed only through the mother, has been traced back through hominid fossils to a small group of females in Africa.

22. Ellie Banned Banned

What Mitochondrial DNA?

23. AlexG Like nailing Jello to a tree Valued Senior Member

How can people access the internet and still not know how to look things up?