The best love song for that special someone???

Discussion in 'Art & Culture' started by sargentlard, Apr 1, 2003.

1. sargentlard Save the whales motherfucker Valued Senior Member

What is that one song that you would want to play for your girlfriend/wife/fiance/possible future girlfriend or boyfriend/husband..etc..you get the idea. Which song would you use to seal the deal and land that kiss from your significant other. Or even help heal a strained relationship??????? any song that you think fits this discription?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. reformedtopunk got punk? Registered Senior Member

"Stellar" by Incubus always seemed REALLY romantic to me...if thats what you're looking for.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. valentino Registered Senior Member

right now

It would have to be "Wonderwall" by Oasis.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. sargentlard Save the whales motherfucker Valued Senior Member

Oh yeah..i know and love that song...it's a really kick ass song for your girlfriend or boyfriend

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

8. Manic Hedgehog Registered Member

"Konstantine" by Something Corporate.

Download it and be amazed -- best love song ever!

9. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

At the time ....

At the time when I went in for that kind of thing, it was "You're So Strange", by Kik Tracee, of all things.

I got my first good kiss and ass-grabbing to "I Won't Forget You", by Poison.

At present, Floater's "Safety" is particularly resonant with me.

:m:,
    Tiassa

10. airavata portentous Registered Senior Member

With or Without you... by U2,
    Let it be....Beatles,
    Hey Jude....Beatles.

11. Weiser_Dub Registered Senior Member

We could go on listing songs like "let's get it on" by marvin gaye, or "lady in red" or something by barry white, etc, etc... but I think it's more about the person, knowing what the person likes, assuming this is someone you've had a relationship with or known for awhile... even if it's someone you haven't known long, it'd be that much better to play their favorite "love" song, me thinks

12. Weiser_Dub Registered Senior Member

actually, immediately after posting that, I realized Moby was playing during some of those moments... "Moby Songs" is the best cd for that, but my copy of the cd has since disappeared

13. Wailer Registered Member

"birthday song" by Ben Lee, excellent lyrics

14. ArtOfLiving Slave Of Society Registered Senior Member

"pushit" by tool off the salival is amazingly beatiful

15. sargentlard Save the whales motherfucker Valued Senior Member

Wait, Tool does love songs or is that song just perfect for the moment when in you're feeling goofy and lovey dovey...or just a beautiful song in general?

16. theonlyguyever omg met's lake out!!1 Registered Senior Member

I agree with ArtOfLiving -- the version of 'Pushit' found on the Salival CD is an excellent love song. Anyone who has not heard it should download it and follow along with the lyrics.

"Remember I will always love you, even as I tear your fucking throat away, for it will end no other way."

17. airavata portentous Registered Senior Member

Though not a love song in the typical sense......
    'It's been Awhile' by Staind is pretty good..... works for me atleast.

18. theonlyguyever omg met's lake out!!1 Registered Senior Member

'It's Been Awhile' is more of a reminiscing kind of song, to me. Wondering why I hadn't done things differently in a past relationship.

"It's been awhile, but I can still remember just the way you taste." I always found that line completely sexual, but very true to my life. It still gives me chills sometimes.

19. fredx Banned Banned

what are you telling that guy to do...

thats crazy...romantic suicide...actually that just might work...she definitely wouldn't expect a song with those kinds of lyrics...plus she wouldn't view you as the typical wuss...tool it is...

20. fredx Banned Banned

god is irrelavant...

I think that song might work too because its not a kiss your ass kinda song and chicks love aaron lewis (or whatever the lead singers name is)

21. fredx Banned Banned

oh and...

some led zepplin songs might work...I still love you so, the doors, classic rock gets chicks pretty horny.

maybe "sexual healing" if you are actually making good headway, no pun intended.

If you like rap, Jay-z is cool. Or Tupac or Big Poppas "Big Poppa" Don't underestimate the power of hip pop with ladies these days even though not all of them like it. Chicks like pop-reggae too.

Also, like someone mentioned girls still love that eighties shit power ballads like skid row, trixter, warrant, motley crue, all the stuff we wouldn't be caught dead listening to these days.

Dave Matthews has some great love songs but that only works with certain kinds of chicks, "where are you going" was a song I associated with my last girlfriend, which it is no wonder why shes gone. Be careful with the dave matthews, but his double live acoustic album with tim reynolds just might set the mood if you are getting it on.

crap i can't think.

btw great idea for a post seargantland! Always useful to think about these things.

22. Xev Registered Senior Member

Rotting Christ - You my Flesh
    Or CoF, "The Black Goddess Rises II"

Last edited: Apr 3, 2003
  23. fredx Banned Banned

nice lyrics...

i never realized how black metal could have such good and poetic lyrics!