The Bible is Bullshit

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by Cris, Jun 10, 2010.

1. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

OH...no, no, no, no, no. you misunderstand. i don't have insomnia either. i was making the assertion that my spiritual experience was ongoing for over a year, so for phlog's assumption to be true, that my experience was due to a sleep disorder, i would have had to have been asleep for over a year. do you understand now?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

Believers, of course. They speak for their gods and tell us what we should and shouldn't do.

There is no one here but them.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Hapsburg Hellenistic polytheist Valued Senior Member

Yeah, except not once have we told you what you should or shouldn't do. In fact, the mentality behind foisting one's views on others is alien to me and is not a part of my religion at all.

So, yeah, nice strawman there.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. NMSquirrel OCD ADHD THC IMO UR12 Valued Senior Member

as usual, you missed the point..
    are you saying your a christian?
    or are you saying you are no one..

8. phlogistician Banned Banned

Sorry Lori, but you simply were incapable of telling the difference between reality and dreaming.

9. Emil Valued Senior Member

Yes

10. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

no i was not. i was wide awake. it was not a dream. sorry. you're trying to say that i was writing something (which took a few days) while i was asleep, and it was in a dream that i was, yet i was aware of what i was writing and the physical act of doing it, and when i woke up, there it was on the paper in front of me...you know, that i had been writing on and remembered doing it? are you sure you're thinking about this correctly, because that doesn't make any sense at all. i was also awake when i had finished the letter, and sat on my couch watching the paper fold up on itself. and the paper remained that way...forever. now unless you're suggesting a dream can be so impactive that it actually causes physical things to happen like 7 paragraphs of poetry to be written down, or paper to wad itself up. then i would be inclined to ask well what the hell is the difference if we're awake or asleep? if the same shit gets done, and you remember doing it (in your dream)? why don't we just live our whole lives from our beds dreaming away? beats going to work...just dream you're doing your job and it gets done! dreaming about sex would be just as good as having it.

11. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

No, YOU missed the point. If it wasn't for believers and their sick and twisted religions, there would be no conflict. The conflict begins when you tell us how to live, despite the fact you have no morals whatsoever.

No, I'm not saying I'm a fucking Christian. I am saying it is only the believers who are here speaking for their gods. No gods are speaking here, just the believers.

I am here, but I don't speak for gods.

12. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

I did no such thing, I merely pointed out the qualifiers of your post, which indicated the abuse of meds, alcohol and drugs. It's little wonder the brains are functioning at all there.

13. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

Should I be tossing out dictionaries then and go by your definition?

My own paradigm? What is that supposed to mean?

It's not a matter of assumptions, it's a matter of violating physical laws, which believers believe they have the power to do simply by praying and believing. It is silly in the extreme.

14. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

Liar.

15. NMSquirrel OCD ADHD THC IMO UR12 Valued Senior Member

Q.. are you married?

if so i will pray for your husband..
    at least we at sciforums don't have to live with you..

16. phlogistician Banned Banned

Are you still in possession of these writings?

17. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

no. after my exhusband scared the shit out of me on the phone that day, i took everything that had to do with my experience and through it into the fireplace along with a full carton of cigarettes and set it all on fire.

18. phlogistician Banned Banned

How convenient there is no provenance.

19. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

I don't need your fucking prayers. They do nothing but cause conflict.

20. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

Lori is a wealth of convenience.

21. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

i was scared, and then mad. i felt like something was watching me...something evil. he said on the phone, among other things, "you think you're gonna save the world".

i don't see what difference it would make if i had the pages anyway. i spent days writing them, and toiling over them. transferred them to pretty stationery. then watched the pages fold up on themselves and the stationery packaging shrink, on it's own, on my coffee table, to the point where the envelopes were being thrust out the open end of the package.

i asked if that meant that i wasn't supposed to send the writing. it was a poem in the form of a letter. the answer i got was "yes".

so i went upstairs to take a nap, and i was awoken by the phone. it was my ex, scaring the shit out of me.

and i went back downstairs, gathered up all the papers, and my carton of smokes, and burned them.

22. phlogistician Banned Banned

Interesting dream.

23. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

you have stated that you are able to distinguish between dreams and reality, even if the dream seems very real. i too have this astonishing capability.

and i haven't dreamed anything nearly as weird or impactive as you have apparently.

i've had recurring dreams that mirrored my life and i learned from. and i did have a lucid prophetic dream once. i woke up from it at 7am on 7/7/2005.

but most of my dreams have been of the frustrating and nonsensical variety. the waitressing nightmare...last night i was riding down a highway on a mattress. :shrug:

however, during this very strange time in my life, and over a period of several years, when this supernatural stuff was consuming me, i was awake, and i was asleep, many times over, and i had no difficulty recognizing which state i was in.