The biggest joke in biology: AIDS

Discussion in 'Biology & Genetics' started by lixluke, Oct 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MetaKron Registered Senior Member

Monkey, it is hard to refute a theory that isn't really there in the first place.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. superluminal I am MalcomR Valued Senior Member

So, no one up to the challenge of showing that other viruses (say, ebola)exist but somehow AIDS is a sham?

Cowards.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. MetaKron Registered Senior Member

Not cowards, just tired of chickenshit.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. superluminal I am MalcomR Valued Senior Member

What about viruses that are transmitted by chicken shit?

8. MetaKron Registered Senior Member

They're pretty similar to the ones transmitted by bullshit.

9. madanthonywayne Morning in America Registered Senior Member

James, it's a pleasure to be on the same side of an argument with you, for once.

10. Crunchy Cat F-in' *meow* baby!!! Valued Senior Member

I'll give you $1000 if you let me inject you with live HIV. It's just imaginary after all... that's $1000 bucks for free!

11. invert_nexus Ze do caixao Valued Senior Member

Metakron,

Yeah. Let's go back to the good old days when your kind of scientists dominated:

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Lixluke,

Umm.
    Wrong.
    Hiv is one of the best known viruses out there...
    Here's a diagrom of the virus.

And a better picture. (The ones I posted earlier were hiv virus attacking cells and budding from them. These are actual hiv viruses. You can even see the capsid inside the protein shell.)

And a link you might try reading. If you're really interested. (There are better links, but I don't feel like doing a lot of digging for information for you. I doubt you're going to read it anyway.)

http://health.howstuffworks.com/aids.htm

Now.
    Maybe what happened here is you heard someone arguing that AIDS is a lie. That hiv doesn't cause AIDS. This is what Metakron is arguing. He is trying to claim that the medication for AIDS causes all the symptoms and deaths.
    This is incredibly an incredibly stupid argument. But miles above yours.
    Hiv does exist.
    It is also correlated with AIDS to a very strong degree. Mountainhare spoke of Koch's postulates. Look them up. Learn something.

(By the way. Did you know that the very first vaccine (Jenner's smallpox vaccine) was tested on an 8 year old boy? Quite bold, I'd say. The ethics are quite debatable. Also, Salk injected his children and wife with his polio vaccine... Those kooky scientists...)

12. Dr Lou Natic Unnecessary Surgeon Registered Senior Member

I take solace in believing that cool skill has AIDs and is in denial, taking on this belief system so as to be able to answer the question "do you have AIDs?" with "no".
    AIDs really is the biggest joke in biology, it's a sight gag, picture cool skill shitting himself to death, his strained anus eventually prolapsing and forming a trunkbutt right before he passes away in the most grisly and humiliating way imaginable.
    You see the comedy.

13. draqon Banned Banned

cool skill is probably bored of reality and just messing with us.

14. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

Gallo didn't discover HIV. What he is doesn't change what HIV is.

Do a pubmed search. Type in AIDS. you find thousands of articles. Is everybody in on the conspiracy?

Many people in Africa do not have the benefit of being able to take AIDS medication. They die in a typical pattern.

Before there was medication people infected with HIV died. In the same typical pattern. With medication it takes longer.

The disease will manifest itself with or without AIDS medication. AIDS medication can merely prolong your life.

15. MetaKron Registered Senior Member

Invert, even the manufacturers of AZT acknowledge in their literature that AZT causes the symptoms of AIDS. How is it incredibly stupid to go to their website, read their information on the drug, and repeat what they say?

Yes, Monkey, Africans die in a typical pattern. The trouble is, this "typical pattern" has changed little in a hundred years. They die of cholera, dysentery, typhoid, malaria, tuberculosis, and starvation. One of the most "AIDS-ridden" places is Zimbabwe where the president is deliberately starving a quarter of the population to death. Of course it is incredibly stupid to bring up facts.

16. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

Surely you will have no difficulties explaining the following:

Or the following:
    or this:

or this:
    Apparently the disease didn't always exist in africa. What a blow to your theory.

or explain this:

17. John99 Banned Banned

My dad would have been dead 10 years ago, you have to excuse Luke 'cause he grew up on cheetos and twinkies he bought with WIC checks

18. MetaKron Registered Senior Member

Monkey, you might as well be saying "Ha! Boot to the head!" It would seem that you have a lower opinion of your audience than I do.

There is no stinking blow to my theory here. "Slim" my ass. Tuberculosis causes wasting. Whoever acted like it was something new must have started a practice in Africa without working with someone who already knew the place and without seeing the necessity to learn anything about what went on there.

The PCP organism is present in more than half the population. One thing that can cause it to appear as a disease is exposure to solvents, a problem so severe that the federal government actually did something about it. It can only be positively proven by biopsy and sometimes not even then. Gay men inhaled a fair amount of the industrial solvent amyl nitrite, a substance that is not even good to get on your skin, let alone much more delicate lung tissue.

Kaposi's sarcoma? Once they defined it and looked for it, the more they looked for it the more they found. There is always a rich harvest of "new cases" to be found in new populations. Trouble is, if they could find it in the new population, it had been there for years.

19. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

You are not adressing the issues.
    1. They were not finding it in new populations, they found a discrepancy in already documented populations. A new phenomenon arose.
    2. HIV has been described, sequenced, put in an evolutionary tree, tied to AIDS statistically, with in vitro data and in vivo data, in thousands of peer reviewed papers.

You denial doesn't make a big impression considering the vast set of scientific data that exists on HIV.

It's rather similar to hear someone deny evolution.

20. MetaKron Registered Senior Member

Monkey, all you do is quibble. You do not have any valid points to make.

21. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

At least I make a point.

22. valich Registered Senior Member

This whole thread is completely baffling to me. What type of proof is lixluke looking for? Apparently he/she is just posting a thread to incite argument?

23. lixluke Refined Reinvention Valued Senior Member

Get real.
    There is huge controversy over the existence of AIDS. They always say that people never die directly from AIDS, and really from some other diease that attacks their weekend immune system. How convenient indeed.
    Then there is the window period crap. You have HIV even though your test might appear negative all the time. So keep testing. How garbo is that?

Doctors will never admit that there is no such thing as AIDS because they would be burnt at the steak for misdiagnosing people all those times.
    Not to mention the money lost from giving people medication that keeps them alive without killing them so they can keep on taking it and shoving more ends in to the pharmacy's pockets.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.