The Boston Marathon Bombing

Discussion in 'World Events' started by Tiassa, Apr 15, 2013.

1. Captain Kremmen All aboard, me Hearties! Valued Senior Member

You're right Geoff.
    If the Saudi was blameless, why was he deported?
    Perhaps the troll will tell you. He knows all the facts.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. billvon Valued Senior Member

Overstayed his visa? Was rude to the cops? Hard to say.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Balerion Banned Banned

The report you referred to seems to be incorrect. And she didn't blow anything off; she answered the question.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Balerion Banned Banned

Nobody was deported. There you go again assuming.

8. eram Sciengineer Valued Senior Member

by the time you guys finish arguing they'll have caught Tsarnaev.

9. Balerion Banned Banned

I'm addressing what he said. Is that against the rules?

Maybe you should calm down.

10. Captain Kremmen All aboard, me Hearties! Valued Senior Member

It seems he is in Hospital rather than being deported.
    My mistake

11. eram Sciengineer Valued Senior Member

No, I was just remarking.

I'm actually very calm, maybe it doesn't come across that way over the internet.

A communication barrier I guess.

12. Captain Kremmen All aboard, me Hearties! Valued Senior Member

If people would stop quoting the troll's insults, there would be less arguing.
    I can no longer see his golden pronouncements, since I was "dealt with" and put him on ignore.
    But I can see them when you quote them.

13. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

She answered it by refusing to answer it.

You've read the report I refer to? What was wrong in it?

14. Captain Kremmen All aboard, me Hearties! Valued Senior Member

Boston Transport system suspended. People locking themselves in. Ridiculous!
    Has any city ever been locked down like this before?
    Why can't people protect themselves with their guns?

15. eram Sciengineer Valued Senior Member

It's a first. I believe this is the largest manhunt in US history.

Oh, I bet they are. Still, who would wanna risk being killed. This guy's on the loose and is a loose cannon.

16. Balerion Banned Banned

How do you figure that? You ran away from the conversation like a baby, so the arguing is done. Other people quoting me has no bearing on it whatsoever, because you've already proven yourself incapable of having an adult conversation.

What do you mean she refused to answer it? What do you call this:

How isn't that an answer?

I didn't see any report, I only saw your link to the infowars page. I was simply stating generally that if you referred to a report that said a Saudi national had been deported, it was erroneous.

17. Balerion Banned Banned

It's not mandatory, as far as I'm aware. They're simply asking that people stay inside so they can find this guy. It makes me queasy, but again as far as I know they can't force people to stay inside.

18. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

GeoffP, I thought you were more rational than that. First establish that the Saudi was indeed deported, then you can entertain questions about why.

19. Bells Staff Member

*Raise eyebrows*

Shoebat.. Really?

Really?

What the hell dude?

Are you joking? Or actually taking anything that crank has to say seriously? You really, really need to revise the websites you visit.

Forgive me for saying this, but you have focused so much on the "Saudi" that you appear to have forgotten that it is two men born in Chechnya and who grew up in the US for apparently 10 years, who committed the crime.

But lets look at the facts..

Crank right wing conspiracy sites report on "alleged" deportation of Saudi student who was questioned by the police as a witness..

Everyone else, the Government, FBI, Police, and sane media all have stated clearly and repeatedly that the Saudi student was a victim of a terrorist attack and had been watching the race when the bombs exploded.. He is also in hospital and none have said that his visa had been revoked.

So in light of Government confirmation, FBI, Police and other credible news sites all saying his visa had not been revoked, you go with Shoebat and think it is somehow true?

Really?

Wow...

20. Captain Kremmen All aboard, me Hearties! Valued Senior Member

Appears that he wasn't deported, but is in hospital.
    Early reports said that he was going to be deported on grounds of National Security,
    and that he was a "person of interest."

Two main items of misinformation sprang from the New York Post.
    1. That the Saudi was arrested
    http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/authorities_under_suspect_guard_y2m8cJO29uC2PDGIjYBalO
    2. Wrong pictures identified as suspects

We have a few rags in the UK, but they don't generally make stuff up,
    not unless it's about celebrities.

This article from yesterday states that the FBI have criticised a wide section of media, not just crank sites.
    So if inadvertently I have been confused, it's not wholly my fault.

The F.B.I. scolded several news outlets on Wednesday for mistakenly reporting that an arrest had been made in the Boston Marathon bombings, and warned that such unverified reporting could have “unintended consequences” for its investigation.
    Numerous organizations, including The Associated Press, The Boston Globe and several local Boston television stations, erroneously reported Wednesday afternoon that an arrest had been made, or that a suspect was in custody, citing unnamed law enforcement sources. Two of the reports came from CNN and the Fox News Channel, both the subject of widespread criticism last June after misreporting the result of the Supreme Court ruling on President Obama’s health care overhaul law.

see http://gretawire.foxnewsinsider.com/2013/04/18/new-york-times-story-on-the-mistakes-of-yesterday/

21. andy1033 Truth Seeker Valued Senior Member

You people also know do you that if your suspected of terrorism by usa, your on there list forever. Does not matter if your guilty or not, they may decide to torture you the rest of your life.

So saying someone is innocent is wrong in this, as usa gov cares not about that. If your on there list as one, your life may be effectively ruined forever, no matter if you did anything or not.

I am talking about anyone america targets in general, not anything just to do with this case at the mo.

22. Balerion Banned Banned

By all means, tell us how you know this.

23. andy1033 Truth Seeker Valued Senior Member

If you ever get on a terrorism list from usa, your on for life no matter what.

Does not matter if anyone is guilty or not, i think usa just want a certain amount of people on it. All you people thinking you can get of that list alive are wrong, if usa targets you you are on it for life. They do not care about whether its true or not.