The Broad Brush? Women and Men; Prejudice and Necessity

Discussion in 'Ethics, Morality, & Justice' started by Asguard, Jun 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Okay, capracus, enough is enough... you weren't there, you didn't experience it, you weren't part of the investigative team... so I doubt I'm alone when I say you have no right nor reason to try and paint Bells as having deserved or otherwise "allowed" this rape... so seriously, drop it.

To be honest, the idea that someone somehow invited the rape because they didn't do something that might have had some chance of preventing it is ludicrous... it's like saying I might have been able to prevent myself from having asthma if I hadn't let my father smoke when I was an infant... how the hell...

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. billvon Valued Senior Member

I agree in principle but that's a poor example. Some people get asthma due to their parents smoking (which they can't prevent) and some get it from their own smoking (which they _can_ prevent.) In that case you would be responsible for getting asthma, I don't know of any person who did anything to make themselves responsible for being raped. (Perhaps there are exceptions but I've never heard of them.)

Sure, you can do things that reduce the odds of being raped. But in no case does any action (or lack thereof) make one _responsible_ for a rape.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Trooper Secular Sanity Valued Senior Member

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Stryder Keeper of "good" ideas. Valued Senior Member

Mod Note:
    I'm closing this thread since currently it seems to be drawing the worst out in both members and moderators alike. I apologise in advance if you think this is unwarranted censorship, however if allowing this thread to continue is just going to increase the problems on this forum, then it makes sense to shut it down (like it should of been early on when trouble commenced).

Motor Daddy's ban has been reduced to 10 days (would of been 14 but he's already been out of circulation for nearly 4 days)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.