The Cancer

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by LIGHTBEING, Jun 3, 2002.

1. LIGHTBEING Registered Senior Member

I just found out that another friend of the family is dying from a sudden rare form of Bone Cancer. I also lost my Grandfather to Cancer and many other people, whether it be family or friends. I'm sure all of you people have lost loved ones from this disease, at the very least knew somebody.

I have been pondering why this is. Why so many people die from this. And why there is no definate cure???

All of us could be ingesting Cancerous Additives in our daily lives and we don't even know it.

I suspect Population Control. What are your thought?

Very Depressing

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

so sorry to hear about that

i also lost my grandfather to it when i was a baby, i hardly knew him and mum said he was such a great man

but there really is no reason to look for a conspericy in all this

Canser is a gen mutation (i think) and with all the radiation and pollution around its NO WONDER that our gens are mutating

Last edited: Jun 4, 2002
  4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. LIGHTBEING Registered Senior Member

I don't know if I necessarily think it is a conspiracy. I just believed that it is being intentionally overlooked. I feel that more can be done to provide answers and cures.

It is one thing if you smoke 3 packs of cigarettes daily but another when this man never smoked and lives a healthy life......then all of the sudden diagnosed with bone Cancer? Just doesn't seem right.....

I don't know maybe I'm being Paraniod

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. orthogonal Registered Senior Member

Hello Lightbeing,

I'm sorry to hear about your friend.

My brother's best friend (40 years-old) is currently undergoing chemo-therapy for a particularly insidious cancer with a high growth rate. This wonderful man, who only recently married, is now curled up in the fetal position in a London hospital, trying to recover from his first treatment. I suspect all of us have been touched by this blight upon humanity.

Lightbeing, in response to your question; one reason cancer has been so difficult to cure is that there is no such thing as "Cancer." Though cancer in general refers to an out-of-control splitting of cells, every cancer has its unique characteristics. Breast cancer is an entirely different beast than Prostrate cancer for example. This makes a single cure for all cancers that much more difficult to find.

My favorite muse is to imagine that I am president. I probably do this as often as other people imagine what they would do if they won the lottery. Well, one of my first actions as president would be to issue a "JFK like" proclaimation that before this decade is out, we will have conquered all cancers. I would convert our US military to a purely defensive force. I'd scrap NASA's manned space (and only the manned) program. I'd end the so called "war on terrorism" in order to multiply the war on the far greater threat to our well-being. All these moneys saved would go to fund a massive research program to defeat cancers. I'd propose government grants to pay for the entire education of new generations of cancer researchers. I'd bring the brightest minds from all over the planet to these research institutes. It would be the largest enterprise ever undertaken by man. We could do it. All it takes is proper leadership and a will to succeed.

Lightbeing, I extend my best wishes to your friend and to you alike.

Michael

8. LIGHTBEING Registered Senior Member

9. ratbat Hippie of Darkness Registered Senior Member

I have been convinced, for years, of this.

Lightbeing, I am truly sorry for your loss. I have had several family members
    pass away, from cancer. Peace and Condolences, my friend.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

10. wet1 Wanderer Registered Senior Member

It is hard to accept our mortality and when death comes, it shows itself to those close to the one it visits. It is never easy to deal with when it affects those we care for.

I would say, remember the good times. They are the marker that defines the relationships of our lives. Relive them so that he is always there. No one completely dies as long as they are remembered.

I am truely sorry for you and your friend, LIGHTBEING.