The Counscious Defines Time

Discussion in 'Eastern Philosophy' started by TruthSeeker, Jan 11, 2003.

1. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

Satanist... I see... Soon many atheists will probably agree with you... But you have no power here kid of darkness... God and Jesus are within me. Lies never endure, but Truth stands forever... You won't draw not even one more away from Him...

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. wesmorris Nerd Overlord - we(s):1 of N Valued Senior Member

this probably isn't funny, but it sounds like he needs to be checked into somewhere you know? should this guy be operating heavy equipment? a car? isn't that endangering the public?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Juliette Registered Senior Member

Posted by Truthseeker:
    "Satanist... I see... Soon many atheists will probably agree with you... But you have no power here kid of darkness... God and Jesus are within me. Lies never endure, but Truth stands forever... You won't draw not even one more away from Him..."

LOL! You Christians are funny for this reason. "Kid of darkness"? I'm 17, hardly a kid.

Your fool God is a figment of your imagination and your ridiculous religion will perish. We Satanists don't worship the Devil or believe in your nonsense. We worship ourselves, we believe in the human urges that you've tried to stifle.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

That's exactly what he wants you to do...

17... You ARE a kid...

8. Juliette Registered Senior Member

Truthseeker posted:
    "That's exactly what he wants you to do..."

Who?

"17... You ARE a kid..."

And how old are you, wiseass?

9. Claudea Registered Member

You're 17... Would you rather they call you "Teen of darkness?"

10. Xev Registered Senior Member

Guys....tone it down a bit, you're off topic.

Nelson, treat the newbie with respect. Juliette, welcome to Sciforums.

As for the thread, I'd love to delete crap like this, but I value freedom of speech more than my sanity.

Oh yes, and Nelson, you are truely mental.

11. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

Claudea,

I'm 18, and I don't call her "teen of darkness" because she is made of darkness, but because her ideas of her mind are as dark as burnt ashes... She worships herself and that is not healthy at all... We are nothing in this universe. Look at yourself. What you are? A second in this endless time, a grain of dust in this endless universe, a single breath of God's life. That's whe you are. that's what WE are. And yet, most of us worship ourselves...

12. Juliette Registered Senior Member

Posted by Claudea:
    "You're 17... Would you rather they call you "Teen of darkness?""

People are such assholes about the "dark". Me, I love the night.

Posted by Xev:
    "Guys....tone it down a bit, you're off topic."

Off what topic, Truthseeker's babbling about whatever the fuck?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

13. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

Xev,

What do you mean by "mental"?

14. Xev Registered Senior Member

Mental, Nelson, as in telling people they are evil and going to hell.

Oh well, Hell sounds fucking nice.

"Infernal flames soothe my condemned soul, as torture becomes lust
    Burning flesh becomes a painful pleasure in the bowels of the abyss

Blessed by damnation, blessed by damnation

Screams of anguish turn into bliss, while skin is being scorched
    The fires blazing throughout this barren land brings forth enless ecstasy

Burn, I shall burn, as Hell consumes my soul
    Burn, forever burn, darkness has full control

Boiling blood and disfigured bodies are found within this place
    Before Satan, I have given all to become part of his creation

Blessed by damnation, blessed by damnation"

Juliette, yes, that topic.

15. Claudea Registered Member

Whoa, now i'm lost... what was the topic again?

I love the night, too... I said "teen of darkness" because she didn't like being called a "kid."

How can someone be "an asshole about the "dark?"

:bugeye:

:bugeye:

16. Claudea Registered Member

Allll haiiil Claudea... You know, I actually have this as my name because it's almost my real name, Claudia, but with the "e" the last 2 syllables become "Dea" which is the feminine form of "goddess" in Latin... Your comment about worshipping one's self amuses me. :

17. matnay Registered Senior Member

Truthseeker,

"I am what I am" defines God in a very broad way. Not going into details, but one of the things that it means is abscence of boundaries. You cannot define God at all. That's why I've said many times that He cannot be explained by rational ways (aka: logic). He is beyond logic. Our words reflect our boundaries. We have to cut information into pieces of information (words). Those pieces all together may for an idea. However, God doesn't work this way. He simply is. he doesn't divide Himself in pieces of information as we do. "I am what I am" defines everything. It also defines nothingness itself, as nothing is contained in everything. He is not dependent on anything. When I say He is aware, I'm defining Him, thus making Him smaller. I'm actually conscentrating on one single aspect of Him and trying to define Him rationally. So, in this sense, we cannot say He is aware. However, since He is a supraconscious being, He cannot be defined as aware, eventhough this limits our perspective towards Him. *sight... that's mind-bending...

Well, what I basicaly said is that time doesn't affect Him...

I don't know what is more unbelievable- that you claim God to be everything, nothing, beyond time, beyond logic, beyond awareness....or that God would even have the slightest whim to judge or even consider that which is obviously nothing more than, well....nothing. Yet somehow the simple concept of love crosses these impossible borders of time and infinity to connect us on some meaningful level? Why should we care about God? In other words, why should we worship that which is impossible to relate to in any way? He can't even be defined, not even by Himself, yet somehow YOU know him to exist? We might as well worship the concept of infinity, or the concept of impossibility, or a big red balloon. It really makes no difference.

Anyway, I'll stick to the topic. Time.

It's time for bed.

18. A4Ever Knows where his towel is Registered Senior Member

I think it is possible to believe something that is true without being able to prove it to be true.

I also believe it is possible to take on such a state of mind which disables you to ever know that something is true. I think that is what most scientists do, protecting their parradigm. It is possible that in order to experience God, you must first except the idea of God.

It makes conversation difficult, but it broadens the perspective.

I have no problem with the concept of a God who is everything and nothing at the same time.

I also like James R's signature.

19. matnay Registered Senior Member

I have no problem with the concept of a God who is everything and nothing at the same time.

I don't have a problem with it either... I also don't see the significance of it. Why label it as God?

God is undefinable and unrelateable, yet most people claim to have a "personal relationship" with Him. :bugeye: It seems like many worship the label of God but not God himself. God himself is unworshippable the way he is described on this thread.

20. A4Ever Knows where his towel is Registered Senior Member

In a way, it is impossible to talk about God, cause we can only use terms limited by our mind and limited by the language. That doesn't mean we can't experience him and try to describe that experience to others.

21. Cris In search of Immortality Valued Senior Member

T,

Yeah, I can see how it could look that way, I’ll have to try greater subtlety in the future, but you forgot to mention my condescending and hypocrisy traits as well.

There is always someone who has to be the first to tell the truth, everyone else was just much more polite.

22. wesmorris Nerd Overlord - we(s):1 of N Valued Senior Member

23. A4Ever Knows where his towel is Registered Senior Member

Look what happened to Truthseekers nice theory.

Nowadays everybody wanna talk like they got somethin to say
    but nothin comes out when they move their lips;
    just a bunch of gibberish
    And motherfuckers act like they forgot about Dre*

*replace with Truthseeker for this to make sense