The, differences ,between ,Christianity and Islam

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by da32010, Oct 5, 2010.

1. da32010 Registered Senior Member

Q: What are the factors which causes a widening gap between muslim and christian communities?.

A: Praise be to Allaah.

There are many great factors that widen the gaps between Muslims and Christians. The differences in belief between us and them do not let us get close unless they give up their kufr (disbelief) and misguidance, and join the monotheists who believe in One Lord and God, and bear witness that the Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) is His Messenger, and believe that ‘Eesa (Jesus – peace be upon him) was a human being.

These are the most significant deviations in their religion, which widen the gap between us Muslims and them:

1. The Christian belief that the Messiah is the son of God.

2. The Christian belief that the Messiah (peace be upon him) is a god alongside God and that he is the second person of the holy trinity, according to their beliefs.

3. The belief that divinity may be incarnated in humanity.

4. The belief that God is formed of three Persons, which is known as the doctrine of the trinity.

5. The Christian belief that the Messiah (peace be upon him) was crucified by the Jews on the command of Pontius Pilate, and that he died on the cross.

6. The Christian belief that the Messiah died on the cross as a ransom for mankind and as expiation for original sin.

7. The Christian attitude towards the Jews who disbelieved in Jesus (peace be upon him) and claimed that they crucified him and killed him, and they accused his mother Mary (Maryam) of fornication – of which she was innocent – yet despite all that their attitude towards them today is one of support and loyalty, and their attitude towards the Muslims who venerate Jesus (peace be upon him) and his mother is one of enmity and disavowal.

8. Their distortion of the Book of God the Gospel (Injeel), whether they distorted the words by changing them or by adding words, or they distorted the meaning, and in doing that they attribute things to God that cannot be attributed to Him.

9. The doctrine of redemption, which is their belief that God sent His only son to redeem mankind from a sin committed by the father of mankind (Adam – peace be upon him), but God was unable to forgive his sin, so He sent His only son who had no sin, to sacrifice himself in order to do away with sin. This is an attribution of imperfection to the Lord of the Worlds and a denial of the fact that Adam (peace be upon him) repented and Allaah saved the Messiah (peace be upon him) from death.

10. Their disbelief in the Prophethood of Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), even though he is mentioned in the Old and New Testaments.

11. Their belief in the soundness of the distorted Torah that they have in front of them today, which contains insults against God, describing Him as having shortcomings, and insults against the Prophets and Messengers, saying things that one can hardly dare utter, but we mention them in order to highlight the abhorrent nature of the kufr (disbelief) that they follow. They describe God as weeping with regret for the Flood which drowned the people of Noah, until His eyes became sore, and the angels came to visit Him – exalted be He far above that.

They describe Lot (peace be upon him) as committing incest with his two daughters, and Noah as drinking wine until he became drunk and his ‘awrah (nakedness) became visible. And there are even more foolish stories than that.

See (Hidaayat al-Hayaara fi Awbah al-Yahood wa’l-Nasaara) by Ibn al-Qayyim; (Naqd al-Nasraaniyyah) by Dr. Muhammad ibn ‘Abd-Allaah al-Saheem

And Allaah knows best.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

They are the same things that keep Sunni, Shia, and Sufi apart, sectarian differences. You say they are abhorrent, that hardly helps bring unity.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. John99 Banned Banned

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

And Allah knows nothing, apparently. Allow me to boil down an appropriate response: so the hell what?

8. 786 Searching for Truth Valued Senior Member

If you don't think the question has imortance- then let me boil it down: So why the hell you're here? Your response is not mandatory for each thread.

Peace be unto you

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

9. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

If you don't like my response, you're not required to post on it, 786. The differences between these religions are pretty evident. My question so the fuck what? is a valid comment. Then again, his objective is pretty evident, isn't it?

I haven't even mentioned that he didn't capitalize the word "Muslim", which I'm given to understand from some moderators is a nearly bannable offense. I think Tiassa had a sternly-worded post about it - or maybe that was spelling. :shrug:

10. Big Chiller Registered Senior Member

Why does the word muslim have to be capitalized?

11. AlexG Like nailing Jello to a tree Valued Senior Member

The question wasn't 'what are the differences between muslim and christian', the question was 'What are the factors which causes a widening gap between muslim and christian communities?'

I'd say it's the tendency of some in the muslim community to kill the infidels.

12. 786 Searching for Truth Valued Senior Member

I'd say its the zionist propaganda and the christian church's willingness to demonize the muslims. And as a response the muslims also demonize them due to political situations.

Peace be unto you

13. AlexG Like nailing Jello to a tree Valued Senior Member

Being demonized by a muslim seems to involve high explosives and firearms. And if you're high enough profile, a price on your head.

14. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

Because otherwise you're anti-Muslim.

Or Satan, maybe.

15. IamJoseph Banned Banned

A most interesting subject. However, you cannot allocate to Islam which is precedent of Islam. Accreditisation of a correct source is encumbent and makes for honesty, because a lie by omission is still a lie.

The means of saying a blessing when a revered name is mentioned does NOT come from Islam - it comes from Judaism.

Those factors were not rejected by Islam - but by Jews.

False.

No one accepts 'ANYTHING' contained in the Quran, and you cannot blow your own trumpet here as in an Iranian court which assumes itself prosecuter, judge and executioner: not a single Islamic law is accepted in any worldly judiciary institution - but all of the Hebrew laws are accepted: why is that?

The factual truth is very different from that presented by Muslims: The pre-Islamic Muslims at no time observed any of the Hebrew bible or of any Abrahamic or Mosaic beliefs, or Monotheism; not even what parts you claim are distorted or not distorted. For 2,500 years [Abraham to Islam], the pre-Islamic people believed in stone and moons: far more removed from monotheism than your charges on Christianity. This while the Jews fastediously upheld Monotheism and Arabrahamic and Mosaic beliefs - even under numerous existential wars: again omitted in your so-called undistorted nonesense.

Please tell in open forum what part of the Hebrew bible is distorted - and what part is not?

Yes. The Hebrew bible is honest, not candy-coated as the Quran, which makes everyone as angels. You omitted the text which also says Lot's two daughters believed all the earth was destroyed; they wanted to give their father a son; and that the law of incest was yet not given till 400 years later via Moses. An omission of pivotal parts of the same issue constitutes a lie. Can one who distorts blatant texts which anyone can check on the net - have any credibility to say what is distorted?!

Nothing foolish about how one behaves when they are drunk. The text also admonishes Noah for planting a vine as the first thing. Another omission!

16. IamJoseph Banned Banned

I have never heard any Jewish or Christian sermon demonising Islam - in fact those religion's doctrines predate the new kid on the block.

More interest Q: do Muslims demonize Zionists and Jews?

IT IS A BLESSING TO KILL AN INFIDEL.

JEWS ARE BORN OF APES AND PIGS [Darwinism?]

MOSES WAS A MUSLIM.

THE JEWISH TEMPLE, LIKE THE HOLOCAUST AND 9/11 - IS A ZIONIST MYTH.

Knock-knock! MOSES WAS THE FIRST ZIONIST - AND HE WAS NO MUSLIM!

17. IamJoseph Banned Banned

The difference between Christianity and Islam:

The insanity is blatant: if Christians have admitted Jews did not kill Jesus - how can Islam, which never existed at this time and had not even developed writings - have any credibility is accusing Jews as prophet killers? The term prophet is used because Muslims have a different premise of Jesus - but the insanity of the Islamic premise is not questionable - they have emersed themselves in quick sand with no place to run other than holding a blatant lie in both their hands - as revelation.

18. jmpet Valued Senior Member

Let's be fair, guys. There is no god but God- there is only one God. How can there be two or three- it makes no sense.

I think extremism is at the heart of the divide between Christians and Muslims- both sides demonizing the other.

But you just gotta give it to the Muslims- there is no god but God!

Does this make me a Muslim? No, because I don't pray to Mecca 5 times a day and I consume alcohol and tobacco... I think the dogma surrounding Islam turns away a lot of people, but the original idea is right on.

19. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

Let's not get carried away here, jpmet: this is just the same old attempt at the 'polytheism slander'. Christianity isn't polytheistic and has never been intended as such. One can pray for intercession via Jesus, but it's not as though He's considered to be a different God. Nor does anyone pray to the Holy Spirit as a separate God. So, done and done.

As an aside, and although I don't subscribe to it myself, why would it even matter if there were two or three Gods? Or ten? So what? There are lots of polytheistic religions across the world, and they aren't less serious or realistic because of it. I mean, you realize we're talking about all-powerful beings and all that? It always makes me laugh when Muslims and others harp about Trinity being three gods, which they call impossible, and then go on to describe their version of God as omnipotent and fickle. Big Bang? No problem. The incredible complexity of existence? Child's play. Being outside our direct experience of identity? No, He's not powerful enough. He can do anything! Just not that.

I mean, seriously now. It's all "logical theism"...until it passes the bounds of one's prejudices.

20. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

I like the whole "us" versus "them" theme. How perfectly Stone Age. But, then again, what else could one truly expect?

On a side note: Can you imagine being indoctrinated to think like this as a child?!? How sad. Speaking of which, hows it going Iamjospseph?

Oh, and I asked once, I'll ask again, my mothers' mother's mother's mother was Jewish and then converted to Catholic. I'm atheist - what is it I get? A house or virgins I can't remember

21. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

I think the problem is that Muslims stubbornly refuse to accept that Jesus is Lord. If they could just give up what they believe and believe what Christians believe, everything would be just fine.

22. jmpet Valued Senior Member

Dude- Jesus was not God Incarnate. Deal with it. He was a prophet like Mohammed, only he had "more magical powers" (heal the sick etc.).

Let me put it in more simplistic terms- if you ignored Jesus and only prayed to God, how pissed off would Jesus be? Not much because simply- there is no god but God.

And since it's true that there is not god but God, where does that leave you spiritually?

Lacking.

God is God... He is indivisible; He is absolute. As such, God cannot contradict God- it is an impossibility. Therefore, THERE IS NO GOD BUT GOD.

How hard is it for you to grasp a basic tenet of Islam? Sheesh. There is no god but God.

23. jmpet Valued Senior Member

Ugh. You religous types... you need to define something and put it in a category!

Going back to the Big Bang- there is no god but God- God created the Big Bang that started the reality you are living in. Jesus nor the Holy Spirit did- GOD did.

Now let's meet the Christians halfway- Jesus was THE Prophet among prophets. This means Jesus has a busy life- traveling from world to world- living a finite lifetime and imparting wisdom.

The cosmological Jesus tour was here 2,000 years ago.

Isn't it simpler to just say there is no god but God?!!

How hard is it to embrace One Creator?!!