The elements, science, and epestemiology

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by Beaconator, Aug 6, 2021.

1. Beaconator Valued Senior Member

I believe our understanding of the elements will evolve.

Over better in person interactions the way in which I ask the question can often determine atheist or theist. Like you say an ink blot test.

yes it includes theists who are scientists especially.

it does not include how they react but the outcome of the reaction.

I believe in evidence and experimentation.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Beaconator Valued Senior Member

I’ve heard everything from I don’t know, to an assumed endothermic reaction, to the iron shell gets breached, from chemists.

but all those are just extrapolations. In statistics extrapolations turn to risk.

Yet since we all have seventeen elements I’m asking for I find it hard to believe half of everything will explode. And have even less faith that half the elements would eat through an iron core.

to believe half the elements on the table wouldn’t react would be ludicrous, but not to have an answer for after the reaction or any presentable mathematical formula is equally ludicrous.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2021
  4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Seattle Valued Senior Member

What are you talking about? There is all kinds of experimental data for how all elements react. No one said half would explode, etc. Most elements on the surface of Earth (and in our bodies) aren't pure elements and have already reacted to form oxides (or whatever).

Your question, in general, as I recall, is how they would all react together if you put all elements "in a box". Is that your question or is it what you've written above?

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Beaconator Valued Senior Member

Without allowing them to oxidize yes. Where did you find experimental data on where all elements are concerned?

so what is the concern about trying what I say? Why didn’t you mention this years ago?

I would ask for your sources but I know you have none!

Last edited: Aug 15, 2021
  8. Seattle Valued Senior Member

Only the nutcases walk around with "sources" for a light discussion on a forum. You continue to be unclear with your questions. You implied that there were elements where there was no data to show how they react with each other or with the environment. That's silly.

Then you switch it to say, where is the data about how all elements react when placed together in one "box". I have no idea if anyone has done such an "experiment" nor do I care as it doesn't have much relevance.

Most of your sentences can be read to suggest that chemists don't know how each element reacts with their environment or with each other. Again, that's just silly.

It's like arguing that there would be something important to find out if we mixed all food with each other and suggesting that we don't know how to pair one food with another.

And then suggesting that one can't find an "experiment" where someone mixed every food on Earth with each other. It's just stupid to be blunt.

9. Beaconator Valued Senior Member

You have information where they have tried and been unsuccessful!

your pathetic to allow someone to continue my research without me.

and it has cost you lives. That’s murder

10. Seattle Valued Senior Member

OK, whatever you just said, it's not understandable but I feel sure it must be time for your meds.

11. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

He has been quite open about trying to get himself banned.

It's Free Thoughts so he can say almost anything he wants, but engaging these whims is just feeding the trolls.

Seattle likes this.
  12. river

To your last statement ; Human Spirit .

Galaxies , Quasars , Stars , Planets and moons , the Physical Universe , and Life are interwoven . Life needs a place onto which to take hold . DNA can not exist , in consistant form in empty space . It changes to much , because of radiation . Life , in the Physical Universe has a place to take hold and therefore evolve .

Last edited: Aug 15, 2021
  13. river

Highlighted

Elements defined as in the Periodic table.

Absolutely and it is happening right now.

14. Beaconator Valued Senior Member

Oh wow someone who understand they are made of seventeen of these elements I speak of and they haven’t “reacted” funny or had the iron combined out of their body.

In all honesty I believe what could be made here could be the essence of consciousness. After all aren’t we all a self sustaining reaction. (Well I guess some of us depend fully on others)

15. Beaconator Valued Senior Member

Not engaging allows me to judge not only your beliefs but your intelligence.

16. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

What troubles me is that this general disregard for others and derision for this community showed up about the same time as your conversion to God.
    You were a pretty hoopy frood for most of your history, so the change - both changes - seem linked from my perspective.
    I can't help but wonder if the latter is predicated on the former.

Is it possible that, to embrace God, one must turn into a bit of a jerk to one's former friends?
    Wouldn't the evolved thing to do - if you wanted to no longer be part of this community - is to bow out gracefully, instead of stirring up as big a pot of poo as you can manage?

'Jerk' is more harsh than I really wanted to say out loud. Since I want to remember the Beaconator that was hoopy, I think I'll put my money where my mouth is, and stop feeding your threads and posts.

Be well, Beaconator. I hope you find some peace.
    :unsub: :ignore:

17. Beaconator Valued Senior Member

It is you who turned against me. I still like jokes. But you have drank the cool aide that modern science “knows all. “ and that is just not true.

modern science makes many assumptions often from meaningless individual pictures.

I have never expressed my truest beliefs or confided in you upon them. Your incapable of believing them and I knew that before I made any jokes. Yet I hoped to change your mind and one day I will.

I understand you know more about me in math. It’s not like I don’t know my place or believe myself to be superior.

just that nobody could possibly know the outcome of something that is so misunderstood and hasn’t been attempted.

I feel as if god is trying to better understand himself and atheists are in their own misguided way.

we could build something godlike yet refuse because science already has the answer. If science has the answer then why do I still have so many questions. It isn’t because I believe in god it is because I doubt the answers scientists have given. And believe in what other scientists have offered. My uncle said it best and he is a chemist. “ I don’t know” he showed science is defeated by my proposition. It’s honesty I’m after not elaborate ego quoting extremist views. And I believe most here have not been honest and hidden by their anonymity. Well those who doubt anyone else’s views at least unless completely nonsensical.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2021
  18. Ssssssss Registered Senior Member

Eppur si funziona.

Dywyddyr likes this.
  19. Beaconator Valued Senior Member

But why?

20. Ssssssss Registered Senior Member

If it's based on "meaningless pictures" then it can't work yet it does work so can it be based on meaningless pictures?

21. Beaconator Valued Senior Member

Seeing the universe doesn’t explain how to create one just how it was created.

knowledge for the sake of knowledge is meaningless especially when extrapolation of that knowledge leads to unfounded conclusions. Hence

Last edited: Aug 17, 2021
  22. Ssssssss Registered Senior Member

...ooooookay. My advice is that whatever it is you're smoking you should smoke less of it. I can't see any point in this conversation so peace out.

23. Beaconator Valued Senior Member

I’ve already made my point perfectly clear. I can tell your an atheist trained in Latin.