The Etp Model Has Been Empirically Confirmed

Discussion in 'The Cesspool' started by Futilitist, Aug 24, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Futilitist This so called forum is a fraud... Registered Senior Member

That sentence shows that your whole conception of the problem is just plain wrong. The slow rate of economic growth is because of low oil prices, not in spite of them. I have been saying for some time that low oil prices would not stimulate the economy as many, including you, expected. Now you are surprised.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Will you finally admit that the extra savings for oil consumers is being offset by the losses suffered by the oil industry?

So, you don't think the markets may crash in the near future?

I am not "salivating" about a wave of defaults and bankruptcies. I am trying to explain why we are about to have one. You seem desperate to deny that such a wave is coming. But, just to cover your bases if one does happen anyway, you're sure it must have some other explanation, even if that explanation makes no sense.

---Futilitist

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. exchemist Valued Senior Member

OK I've finally had enough of your imbecilities. You will now be the next beneficiary of my new experimental policy on this forum

......[click]........

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Futilitist This so called forum is a fraud... Registered Senior Member

Wow. You really don't have any good answers, do you? I brought up some pretty valid points, x. If you constantly shrink away from the debate, people might get the idea that you are afraid.

Just saying.

(By the way, I dig your new experimental policy. No need to rush back. Think of something smart to say first.

)

---Futilitist

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. origin Heading towards oblivion Valued Senior Member

Here is what you wrote about your dire prediction.
    Golly!!! The problem is that now the Dow is at 17,576.96 and oil is at 41.86.

The dow is higher than when you made your dire prediction and oil is about $6 1/2 dollars lower.

You are really floundering here and pretending that you are not. You were wrong (like so many times before) and you are pretending you are not wrong. You do realize that you are starting to sound rather delusional, don't you?

Russ_Watters likes this.
  8. krash661 [MK6] transitioning scifi to reality Valued Senior Member

hilarious--- " starting to " ????????????????

9. Futilitist This so called forum is a fraud... Registered Senior Member

I guess you're going to keep doing this every time the markets go up a little.

You need to be more patient. The crash that I have been talking about is going to be much bigger than these latest swings. They are just the prelude. We should expect to see increasing volatility as the markets near the edge of collapse.

After falling to around 15500, the DOW did bounce quite a bit higher than I expected it would. But oil fell all the way to 26.00 dollars! So that was a correct prediction. That is all I have ever claimed. I didn't say oil couldn't bounce on it's way down. Today it is around 40.00. Five days ago, it was 35.20. But a little more than a year and a half ago, it was over 110.00 dollars a barrel! The Etp model says that the yearly average price could possibly go as high as about 65.00 a barrel this year, 55.00 next year, and so on, on it's way to down to about 11.00 a barrel by 2021.

We are currently experiencing the initial stages of the multi-phasic collapse of the massively complex non-linear system known as Modern Industrial Civilization. You guys are very nitpicky about predicting specific events along the way with such super exacting timing. It really is silly. I have never claimed such accuracy. My "dire prediction" was an educated guess. Just my personal "Spidey sense" after many years of paying very close attention to the energy dilemma that you tirelessly deny even exists. But my little predictions are getting more and more accurate the more I learn. Apocalypse is the inevitable outcome of our exponential growth and reliance on fossil fuels. It is going to happen soon enough. Relax, enjoy the ride.

---Futilitist

Last edited: Apr 11, 2016
  10. origin Heading towards oblivion Valued Senior Member

So now I am confused. You said you made a dire prediction and you were right, the stock market went down. But then the stock market went up and your dire prediction was still right? Does that mean your dire prediction was that the stock market would lose some ground and then make it back up?

At least you are moving your predictions out a bit (2021). But that is still only 5 years from now. Here is a prediction of mine - the price of oil will exceed the $55 per barrel next year (unfortunately).
    It would be nice if your Etp model (Extremely Terrible Prediction Model) was right and oil will be $11 in 2021, but unfortunately oil is commodity and like all other commodities it is driven by (percieved and actual) supply and demand, not a misunderstanding of and misapplication of thermodynamics.

Make a prediction then. When will the fall of civilization occur? You do not even have to be specific. So what do you think? Between now and Thursday? How about between yesterday and the year 3328?
    Give it a shot!

Russ_Watters and exchemist like this.
  11. Russ_Watters Not a Trump supporter... Valued Senior Member

This super boring collapse still looks a lot more like growth than collapse. I'd settle for you being more in touch with current reality to start with, before even getting into the predictions!
    Pot;kettle. Most of the resurrection of your predictions coincide with bad economic data that really, seriously, honest this time guys, hey why are you laughing? is the start of the apocalypse. You've been doing that for 4 years. As entertaining as that is, it is also pretty sad.

exchemist likes this.
  12. Futilitist This so called forum is a fraud... Registered Senior Member

Wait, now you are?

Dude, quit playing word games. I said I was right about oil falling to the low 30's or lower by January. It eventually fell to 26.00 dollars a barrel in mid February. I was obviously not correct about the timing of the stock market crash, and I said so very clearly in my last post. I still expect the markets to begin crashing very soon.

If I understand you correctly, you are predicting that oil will be over 55.00 dollars a barrel in 2017. Is that correct?

If oil drops below 20.00 dollars a barrel this year
    :

1. Will you be surprised?

---and---

2. Will you still expect it to go back up to over 55.00 by next year?

Between now and Thursday is not very likely. And between yesterday and the year 3328 is too inexact. I would say between now and about 2025 for rapid human die-off to completely run it's course. But I still think a massive stock market crash is coming very soon, to get the party started, likely before the end of this year, but probably much sooner. Is that exact enough for you?

Only to you, Russ. Don't worry, the collapse is about to get more exciting. I can't predict when you will notice it, though. Like I said, I am not Nostradamus. I am Futilitist.

---Futilitist

13. krash661 [MK6] transitioning scifi to reality Valued Senior Member

it should have been noticed that his predictions are nothing more than usual cycles.

14. krash661 [MK6] transitioning scifi to reality Valued Senior Member

would that be, only, simply, because of the usual ten year boom and bust cycle?--of course it is, and nothing more. i predict there will be a sell-off and downturn within 2017-2019.

Russ_Watters likes this.
  15. origin Heading towards oblivion Valued Senior Member

So approximately when will the stock market crash?
    Yes, that is what I wrote.
    Yes.
    I don't expect it to go down to 20 in the first place, but yes, as I wrote I am predicting that the price of oil will exceed $55 per barrel 2017. Of course I realize that it is really tough to predict these things, but what the hell the worst that could happen is that I am wrong and gasoline won't be too expensive!

Yeah, that's great. A stock market crash is generally accepted as a double digit decrease across the board in a few days, do you agree this is what is meant by a crash?

16. Futilitist This so called forum is a fraud... Registered Senior Member

Later, in the same post I said:
    "But I still think a massive stock market crash is coming very soon, to get the party started, likely before the end of this year, but probably much sooner. Is that exact enough for you?"

You forgot to factor in that I will make fun of your errant prediction.

The wiki says several days. That is more than a few.

I don't necessarily agree with that definition. I don't think the short time frame is as important as the depth of the descent. If the markets drop, say, 75% or so in the course of the next three or four months, I would still call that a crash. But you would claim that my prediction was completely wrong because it took longer than several days. Don't be a nitpicker.

Hard times are coming. Soon. I predict it will be very obvious.

---Futilitist

17. Russ_Watters Not a Trump supporter... Valued Senior Member

But you of course know it is not just me, right? You'd be hard pressed to find a reputable economist judging the current economic climate negatively overall. The main thing pointing toward a recession is that things have been so good for so long that we're due. That's why there was no panic at January's stock market correction.
    I'll be holding my breath.

....I've been holding my breath for the several years you've been promising that.

18. origin Heading towards oblivion Valued Senior Member

Based on your track record of predictions I wouldn't take any guff from you seriously anyway.

That is fine.

I would agree with calling 75% drop over the course of an entire year would a crash. A slow motion horrific crash.

I think nitpicking is a requirement because you always have an excuse for everyone of your failed predictions.

That is the only constant that has been on this and your other threads - the end is almost upon us, it is just around the corner.

Russ_Watters likes this.
  19. Futilitist This so called forum is a fraud... Registered Senior Member

Good. We agree on something.

Reputable economist? That is an oxymoron!

Besides, if an economist that tells you the good news that you want to hear, you say they are "reputable". If they tell you bad news, you say they are not. To you, reputable just means they happen to agree with your baseless, massively over-optimistic view. You seem to have confused economist with cheerleader.

So you're saying it's all based on natural cycles. What goes up must come down. Interesting.

Well, civilization has experienced exponential growth for basically the last 10,000 years. So I guess that means we must be due for a big collapse. Right?

---Futilitist

20. Russ_Watters Not a Trump supporter... Valued Senior Member

Right. Reputable economist? Any prominent economist? How about facts? Remember when you saw a slight down-tick in the rate of growth two years ago and said that was the start of the collapse that would destroy civilization by that summer?

The economy is growing, unemployment is low and the stock market recovered from a barely-a-correction. You, on the other hand, have....what? Nothing. Only your own bold proclamations, which have amounted to nothing for four years.
    It has! 5.0% = full employment!
    ....and then back up again.
    Not true. We had a big collapse in 2008-2009.
    Nope. A mild recession maybe, but a "big collapse" like 2008-9 is a once or twice a century thing. Blubbering doomsayers, on the other hands are a constant.

21. Futilitist This so called forum is a fraud... Registered Senior Member

That number is total bullshit, Mr. Conservative Establishment Cheerleader Man. I doubt too many people actually believe it.

I think the Black Plague period may have been worse, as far as social collapses go. But we quickly recovered from that one. Despite what you say about supposed current "full" employment, the economy has not really recovered from the 2008 crash. And we are about to have an even worse market crash. The subsequent recession/depression will quickly morph into complete social collapse. The coming collapse and massive human die-off will dwarf any catastrophe that humanity has ever faced since the eruption of Toba.

Ha ha. Mild recession. Right.

So if we do have another big economic collapse, bigger than 2008-9, that would be a pretty significant thing, yes? If it happens, would it possibly be a sign that civilization might be collapsing?

---Futilitist

Last edited: Apr 12, 2016
  22. Russ_Watters Not a Trump supporter... Valued Senior Member

Right, because if you don't like the facts, just assume they are lies! Life is so much easier that way.
    It was your claim, not mine:
    The number is what it is. You are arguing against reality, even while arguing that reality itself is a lie.
    Wake me up when you have facts that demonstrate it.
    It certainly would.
    Certainly not. We've had bigger collapses before, without civilization collapsing.

23. Futilitist This so called forum is a fraud... Registered Senior Member

After it is all over, perhaps we should compare notes.

What, if anything, could possibly convince you that civilization might actually collapse soon? What facts would you accept as proof to demonstrate that it will?

Why do you believe that civilization is impervious to collapse?

---Futilitist

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.