The fabric of space-time

Discussion in 'Physics & Math' started by Saint, Feb 12, 2020.

1. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

Just for you my old paranoid friend......
    https://www.scienceforums.net/topic/121032-is-the-earth-close-to-the-center-of-the-universe/
    You see the actual reason why after being off the grid for a while, that I chose here rather then over there, is that there are not too many fools over there to straighten out....got it?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

A shame you are banned there for stupidity.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

Let's get back on topic anyway and rehash the actual questions in the OP.....
    Intervals of space and time considered separately are not the same for all observers.They are interchangeable.
    https://www.google.com/search?q=are space and time interchangeable&oq=are space and time interchangeable&aqs=chrome..69i57j33.10751j0j7&sourceid=chrome
    Thus, space and time are effectively interchangeable, and fundamentally the same thing (or at least two different sides of the same coin), an effect which becomes much more noticeable at relativistic speeds approaching the speed of light.
    In Einstein's theory, space and time are aspects of a single measurable reality called space-time. ... We can think of space-time as a fabric; The presence of large amounts of mass or energy distorts space-time – in essence causing the fabric to "warp" – and we observe this warpage as gravity.
    I believe that is answered in your first question.
    Space and time [henceforth known as spacetime] as we know them, evolved from a hot dense state at t=10-43 seconds. They essentially started together, one being unable to exist without the other.
    Bingo!!

Hey Saint, I believe its pretty obvious why you keep asking these sorts of questions, the problem in my mind is that I really don't believe you are accepting the answers, due to your religious baggage. That's a shame...Science/physics/cosmology is an awe inspiring subject and how they arrived at these answers is just as awe inspiring. The BB and GR are incredible evidence backed theories that go together like a hand in a glove, so much so that even the Catholic church has been forced to recognise them.
    Of course though, the QGT gap they automatically put down to their god, while science keeps on keeping on so to speak.
    I posted this in another thread, and I see him as the greatest educator of our day. Just listen, its only a few minutes long...

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Q-reeus Banned Valued Senior Member

Who the hell are you really? Instead of trying to disparage me - as I noted elsewhere, in exactly the same style as sweetpea - try posting useful content. Up to that?
    For instance, let's have your objective response to my critique in #10 of paddoboy's multiple errors in #2 (one continually repeated since). Up to that?
    As for notifications, it's a strange situation. Recently discovered my Thunderbird email client, for no obvious reason, 'decides' every so often, to send some SF alert emails to Spam folder.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Q-reeus Banned Valued Senior Member

I wonder what the real story there is. 'Deciding to give it a rest' - for five straight months - makes zero sense. Given your consistent track record at SFN as compulsive serial poster. You loved to do the same as here - cut & paste from mainly astronomy/cosmology sections of pop-sci websites. Nothing to do with 'straightening fools out' - especially given you are one.

8. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

Everybody knows this apart from me, apparently.

True, recently I had some issues with certain things that paddoboy posted. Some discussions were had among the moderators group. The outcome of those discussions is that paddoboy is still here. You are free to draw your own conclusions. Suffice it say that if I had decided in the end to ban paddoboy, he wouldn't still be here posting.

Out of interest, Q-reeus, now that you've discovered that the email notification problem was, as I previously suggested, a problem at your end, are you now going to apologise to the moderators for your repeated false allegations that we were messing with your notification settings?

By the way, none of this stuff has anything to do with the thread topic. Can't you conduct your personal battles with paddoboy by private messaging, or something?

Last edited: Feb 17, 2020
  9. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

Makes plenty of sense oh paranoid one. I was in Fiji for 4 of those months on a project and off the grid, and which I posted about here anyway. You really have problems ol son.
    ps: One post over there by me this morning and last time I looked 2 likes already

10. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

And you also at one time, actually a couple of times, insinuated that myself and James and the mods in general had something going and were in cahoots? or words to that effect. Yeah I certainly know who the fool is, the paranoid fool.

11. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

Nup, no errors just pedantic vengeful nonsense by yourself as I already explained and as linked.

12. arfa brane call me arf Valued Senior Member

But that doesn't hold for an observer in a frame at rest. Actually, it doesn't hold for an accelerated observer either. One needs to be careful about what one is relating when claiming space and time are interchangeable. I just gave two examples where they aren't.

13. Q-reeus Banned Valued Senior Member

You are not a very good liar - see below.
    What you quoted of me in #25 is an accurate reflection of last para here: http://www.sciforums.com/posts/3616582/
    So are you being weak in allowing the outrageous outbursts that happened earlier in above thread to just blow by now? Your intention was perfectly clear! To now claim your own clear intention re paddoboy 'was news to me' is laughable. Do you expect anyone to swallow it?
    The selective 'mind of its own' behavior of my email client is too bizarre to put down to just some unknown glitches. I may never resolve what actually happened - and may keep happening from time to time. Someone has been targeting me but that's all I can know. And have I ever outright accused anyone in particular at SF of for sure selectively stopping my email alerts? For all I know it could be the insertion of some metadata tags that automatically flag certain email alerts as spam. Just speculating. When inbox emails stop then mysteriously start like turning a tap off and on, that's not local settings in my device.

14. Q-reeus Banned Valued Senior Member

Like James R you are not even a good liar. Compare the absurd excuse above - implying no internet access even by smartphone - with #21. Try better next time.

15. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

While I agree this is off topic, and will cease my exchanges with him, I certainly will not be partaking in any private messaging with anyone so unstable.

16. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

Space and time are variable as observed in different FoRs and are a result of the invariance of the speed of light.
    http://www.astronomy.ohio-state.edu/~pogge/Ast162/Unit5/sr.html

https://www.physicsoftheuniverse.com/topics_relativity_spacetime.html

https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Special_Relativity/Spacetime

17. arfa brane call me arf Valued Senior Member

Yes, in fact there has to be at least one observer who can determine the velocity of an object in relative motion; my point being that even this observer can't exchange space and time locally. Locally space and time, as I said earlier, look quite different; in fact "looking at time" doesn't really make any sense. Observers look at clocks.

18. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

Here's an idea for you, in light of that comment: Why don't you mind your own business? Any issues I might have with paddoboy have zero to do with you, so stop sticking your nose in.

I won't bother with the rest of your nonsense.

19. Q-reeus Banned Valued Senior Member

Which doesn't address the FACT you lied! I also note you have no qualms in other threads raising extraneous issues. Particularly when it comes to MR. You want examples?

And btw, while you lept in to deal, so you hoped, with off-topic stuff, how come you keep real quiet when it comes to dealing with on-topic stuff I have raised in #10.
    Care to make an on-topic assessment of whether paddoboy of I got it right re his imo error-prone #2? ON-TOPIC.

20. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

We're not in the schoolyard, Q-reeus. Time for you to grow up, perhaps?

You posted that in response to paddoboy. I am in no way obliged to respond to any of your posts, let alone all of them. I did not want to respond to that post, so I did not respond. I barely even read it.

Obviously you crave attention from me for some reason. Why is that?

21. Q-reeus Banned Valued Senior Member

Don't kid yourself. That mind-games crap doesn't work on me. You're a weak and disingenuous disgrace imo. Bye.

22. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

Ah, peace at last!

23. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

This gets to the nitty gritty of the BB theory itself...that is the evolution/expansion of space and time [as we know them] from t+10-43 seconds. Again one depends on the other and in effect they are interchangeable.
    Perhaps some have noticed when I define the BB as the evolution of space and time, I do so with the proviso of "as we know them"
    The BB of course only applies to the observable universe.

"The Universe was not concentrated into a point at the time of the Big Bang. But the observable Universe was concentrated into a point".
    http://www.astro.ucla.edu/~wright/infpoint.html