The gig is up.

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by universaldistress, May 7, 2011.

1. universaldistress Extravagantly Introverted ... Valued Senior Member

We do not necessarily think there is no proof. We just wait for it to be offered. BIG LOL!

I will accept ANYTHING as proof if it is logically sound, scientifically robust, and proven using the application of sanity. BIG LOL!

What evidence? BIG LOL!

Evidence can be used to build a picture of proof. So build it!

What is it "about" then?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. universaldistress Extravagantly Introverted ... Valued Senior Member

Oh! I know. It's about believing in a maybe. Or deluding oneself and/or others that believing in a maybe, or solipistically transforming a maybe into a internalised false positive, is the true "Road to Awe".

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. arfa brane call me arf Valued Senior Member

If I assert that there is proof that you can hear music, then I give you the means to listen to music and you do, in fact, hear music, is that scientifically robust? Can you apply sanity to the assertion?
    Would you then claim that I also need to explain what music "is" to you, or offer a proof that music exists, when you have the proof of your experience?

Would you claim that you can't hear any, even though I've given you the same means to listen to this music, and I claim that I can hear it just fine? I'll let you use your imagination here, as to the nature of this "method of hearing music", but you probably know it can be recorded and played. You do know that, right? Would you claim that it doesn't constitute proof because you haven't read anything that confirms the assertion "humans can hear music"?

"The application of sanity". What a crack up.

Last edited: May 9, 2011
  6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. SciWriter Valued Senior Member

Good for our poem.

Putting a few lines at once should be OK there, too.

8. universaldistress Extravagantly Introverted ... Valued Senior Member

What about a new one? New structure? Do you feel the one we've done is still a going concern? or are we ready for a new structure of poem, or prose?

9. NMSquirrel OCD ADHD THC IMO UR12 Valued Senior Member

i have had arguments with some here, that their whole point was how can i be so sure that God exists when there is no proof.
    that acknowledges that atheist are waiting for something that does not exist.and argue for something that does not exist.(proof of God)
    who is delusional?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

oh now you are moving the goalpost by defining God your self and tell us to present him to you as you see him??

evidence equals testimonies..do a search, you will find a million of em..

you don't want to know..you still think God as 'Do as your told'..(if i believe,i have to obey)

<sigh>

10. arfa brane call me arf Valued Senior Member

This thread is pathetic. Nobody is paying attention to anything except the dialogue going on in their own minds.

I'm not convinced that the atheists even understand what proof is. Is it a photograph?
    Tyre tracks? A group discussion where everyone, or most of them, agree with some assertion--like "the sky has clouds in it"?

Is it something in a book, or a movie? Can we buy it from somewhere?

11. universaldistress Extravagantly Introverted ... Valued Senior Member

Never have I experienced such a load of old twaddle as this. Fudging packing to the extreme.

The sanction of the OP is already enforced. The theist defense was obliterated by the sane. Picking through the rubble of your mind is the last thing on my list of time consuming activities. LOL.

12. universaldistress Extravagantly Introverted ... Valued Senior Member

<BIGGER sigh>

(do i really have to keep pointing out the sames points over and over again to insane minds that cannot absorb the scientific principle?)

(No. The OP stands unanswered.)

13. SciWriter Valued Senior Member

Yes, a new poem, leaving the rest of the first one to the imagination. You could add the final red parts. I'll leave any new structure to you. We could join some couplets into quatrains if the thought needs more immediate room to complete. Of course there are other, more complicated schemes, which may be more difficult.

Here's the shortest poem:

I,
    I?

Beating out:

I,
    Why?

but it suffers a bit by having the same rhyme word of 'I'.

As for the longest sentence, it is "I do."

14. NMSquirrel OCD ADHD THC IMO UR12 Valued Senior Member

15. universaldistress Extravagantly Introverted ... Valued Senior Member

As yet not meaningfully passed my lips.

I have reasonably fierce imagination but sadly lack knowledge of poetry. Never got to grips with stress etc. My prose is pretty tidy but an ongoing evolution. I kind of got disillusioned with poetry due to wanting to move towards novel writing.

But hell. I'll give it a go.

16. SciWriter Valued Senior Member

Discussion forums are for show, not letting go.

Gig RIP.

17. universaldistress Extravagantly Introverted ... Valued Senior Member

LOL

I think my position here is strong, and the OP stands up.

Move onto pastures/threads new. This subject is all tuckered out on my side. I have nothing more to give as its all been said. So I'll go along with your image.

18. arfa brane call me arf Valued Senior Member

It isn't twaddle, you pathetic idiot.

It's a demonstration that the idea of proof is not what you and several others have been claiming. You appear to want proof, but you don't know really, what proof is.
    That's YOUR problem, sunshine.
    It also demonstrates that your claim of "willingness to apply sanity" is empty of substance--you are not sane, perhaps.
    I think your position here is exactly the position you were in when you started. I think you're so attached to an idea that it's possible you won't see past it, ever.

You will live your entire life without getting any closer to understanding what your "position" is, still clinging to the same old argument. That's what I think. I think you're obsessed.

19. NMSquirrel OCD ADHD THC IMO UR12 Valued Senior Member

exactly..you don't wanna know..you just wanna play 'how smart am i'

20. universaldistress Extravagantly Introverted ... Valued Senior Member

And then I won.

21. universaldistress Extravagantly Introverted ... Valued Senior Member

Full time whistle blows, and I won . . .

22. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

dude, i didn't read the whole thread, but you lost 87 different ways just with me.

23. arfa brane call me arf Valued Senior Member

Pathetic, just pathetic.