The Gingrich File

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Tiassa, Jun 9, 2011.

1. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

Newtonian Humor

Newtonian Humor

Psychiatrist, life coach, and member of FOX News' Medical A-Team, Dr. Keith Ablow, explains why Newt Gingrich's serial adultery will make him a good president:

I want to be coldly analytical, not moralize, here. I want to tell you what Mr. Gingrich’s behavior could mean for the country, not for the future of his current marriage. So, here’s what one interested in making America stronger can reasonably conclude—psychologically—from Mr. Gingrich’s behavior during his three marriages:

1) Three women have met Mr. Gingrich and been so moved by his emotional energy and intellect that they decided they wanted to spend the rest of their lives with him.

2) Two of these women felt this way even though Mr. Gingrich was already married.

3) One of them felt this way even though Mr. Gingrich was already married for the second time, was not exactly her equal in the looks department and had a wife (Marianne) who wanted to make his life without her as painful as possible.

Conclusion: When three women want to sign on for life with a man who is now running for president, I worry more about whether we’ll be clamoring for a third Gingrich term, not whether we’ll want to let him go after one.

It's one of those opinion pieces that leaves one wondering if maybe Ablow isn't considering a career change to stand-up comedy. Ordinarily, one would brush off such a missive as satire of some kind, but given that it is Ablow and FOX News, and considering that the one thing the family values crowd loathes more than gays or Democrats is anyone expecting a Republican to answer for his own family-values hypocrisy, we might forgive those who wonder if maybe, just maybe, this hack actually expects to be taken seriously.

Of course, Ablow did not stop there, either. Point four is that he hopes Gingrich will treat Congress with as much courage as he showed in dealing with the wives he betrayed; point five is that Gingrich's daughters support his adultery.

All of which leads to the punch line:

So, as far as I can tell, judging from the psychological data, we have only one real risk to America from his marital history if Newt Gingrich were to become president: We would need to worry that another nation, perhaps a little younger than ours, would be so taken by Mr. Gingrich that it would seduce him into marrying it and becoming its president. And I think that is exceedingly unlikely.

Question: Can we please stop taking Republicans seriously?

No, really. As satire, it's actually a great piece. But no matter how seriously we take satire, we must always remember that, well, it's a joke. And after witnessing Michele Bachmann, Rick Perry, and Herman Cain all get their turn at the head of the class, we can safely conclude that, if Newt Gingrich's serial adultery and family-values hypocrisy should be perceived admirably, the entire GOP nomination contest is nothing more than an extremely expensive, morbidly hilarious joke.

Notes:

Ablow, Keith. "Newt Gingrich's three marriages mean he might make a strong president—really". FOX News. January 20, 2012. FOXNews.com. January 21, 2012. http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2012...ages-mean-might-make-strong-president-really/

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Captain Kremmen All aboard, me Hearties! Valued Senior Member

If Newt wins today's election, and Santorum quits,
    asking for people to vote for Newt,
    then this One-Donkey Donkey Derby
    could become a Two-Donkey Donkey Derby.
    Get your candyfloss early folks!
    You'll want to find a place near the front.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Oh my Gawd, is that Santorum that just fell?
    Oh No! He's getting in Mitt's way. Newt Could win!

Last edited: Jan 21, 2012
  4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Bells Staff Member

Interesting..

Lying, cheating and leaving two women when they were ill after having affairs and one of them was divorced because she refused his demand of an open marriage are now virtues...?

Wow..

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Ivan Seeking Registered Senior Member

Too funny! It looks like Gingrich is going to win in SC.

Winner: Obama!

8. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

Lying, cheating and affairs have long been the manna of the Republican Party leadership. So it should be no surprise to see it succeed in South Carolina. And in the case of the Newt, we have the ethics violations while he served as Speaker in the House.

9. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

Gingrich wins SC GOP primary, beating Romney

Newt Gingrich has won the South Carolina Republican primary, capping off a remarkable comeback for his presidential bid that reshapes the trajectory of the battle for the GOP nomination.

Based on early exit polls, NBC News projects Gingrich as the winner of the primary, while former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney will finish second.

The results mark the end of a tumultuous week in politics that saw Gingrich erase and then overcome the lead Romney had in the Palmetto State following his victory in the Jan. 10 New Hampshire primary. Gingrich came on strong in the closing days of the campaign, looking to rally under his banner the many conservatives unwilling to get behind Romney, who had sought to posture himself as the eventual nominee.

Gingrich's performance in South Carolina was driven in thanks to late deciders, who broke decisively in his direction in the last few days of the campaign. That stretch saw two debate performances by Gingrich, on Monday and Thursday nights. Almost two-thirds of voters said the debates were an important factor in their decision, and Gingrich won about half of them.

http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/01/21/10207281-gingrich-wins-sc-gop-primary-beating-romney

10. Syzygys As a mother, I am telling you Valued Senior Member

This is actually how a real presidential race is supposed to look.

Now what about the number of won delegates? I can't find any news about it...

11. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

This really conjured up an image of Cattle rustling in my mind.... Yeow Doggie!!! YeeHaw!!! *whip snaps in the air* Hayee Hayeee.....

Last edited: Jan 22, 2012
  12. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

The parties are BOTH the same.

13. Bells Staff Member

True. To a point.

I don't remember any Democratic pundit saying that his (Clinton's) lying and cheating actually made him a better and stronger President, do you?

Nor did Clinton claim he cheated on his wife (in Gingrich's case, twice) because he loved America so much and was working so 'hard to save America'. Because it seems, if you are Gingrich, if you love your country, you cheat on your sick wife (twice with two different wives). Because nothing says 'I love America' like sticking your penis in another woman while your spouses battled illness.

14. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

I'm not arguing Gingrich isn't a douche', only that it's common behavior on both sides of politics. Clinton was just an example that popped into my head. There's plenty more where that came from.

15. 786 Searching for Truth Valued Senior Member

Gingrich won all 25 delegates.

In SC the winner takes 11 delegates automatically. And takes 2 delegates per Congressional District won. Since Gingrich won all Congressional Districts and was also the overall winner, he took all the delegates.

PS: And Romney 0

16. Syzygys As a mother, I am telling you Valued Senior Member

Thanks. Although I was curious about the overall results of all 3 states.

17. 786 Searching for Truth Valued Senior Member

The only ones you can be sure about are NH and SC.

In NH

Romney: 7
    Paul: 3
    Huntsman: 2 == but now these are unpledged.

From Iowa, although the media would like to tell you who won how many, its all a lie. All 28 Iowa Delegates are unpledged (could vote for anyone) and they will be selected at Iowa's State Convention. Until the State Convention is over, we don't know who gets how many delegates.

That leaves SC: Gingrich gets 25.

So far the 'confirmed' total is:

Gingrich: 25
    Romney: 7
    Santorum: 0 (Iowa doesn't pick delegates by popular vote, so this will be decided later)

(Iowa delegates will be decided later on).

Supposedly CNN has found out those automatic 'superdelegates' for some of the states. With those included in the total it would be:

Gingrich: 26
    Romney: 24
    Santorum: 0

If news of 'Ron Paul's strong organization in Iowa' was correct, and they did stay to elect delegates to the State (NOTE: NOT National) Convention it is possible that the delegates that will be selected for the National Convention from the State Convention could be majority Ron Paul. But all of this is speculation. So its possible that Romney has a lead and/or that Paul is also in the 20's. It remains to be seen. Iowa 'results' were essentially a straw poll or 'beauty' contest.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2012
  18. Syzygys As a mother, I am telling you Valued Senior Member

19. 786 Searching for Truth Valued Senior Member

Just to let you know the Washington caucuses are the same as Iowa in terms of process, although delegates from Washington are pledged.. I infact was a delegate to the State convention for Ron Paul. just to let you know how much organization matters we got 22% on caucus but we represented at least 40%-45% of the State Convention delegates. So don't pay attention to the beauty contest its only for getting momentum but doesn't represent delegates.

20. The Esotericist Getting the message to Garcia Valued Senior Member

January 24, 2012
    Gary Johnson hammers Newt for ‘hypocrisy’ on executing marijuana users

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2012/01/23/gary-johnson-hammers-newt-for-hypocrisy-on-executing-marijuana-users/#ixzz1kNxtKElM

Sentenced to death for bringing dope into the country a second time? :bugeye:

What does he have against rock stars, pop stars, and celebrities? :shrug:

This nut-job is REALLY against freedom, isn't he? Welcome to the police state.

21. Ivan Seeking Registered Senior Member

Nancy has a secret

http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local/Pelosi-Hints-Gingrich-Secret-138090098.html

In an interview aired on CNN today, she said, "she knows something" and he will never be President.

This is interesting. George Will worries about Gingrich having his finger on the nuclear trigger, and almost no one who worked with him in the past is willing to endorse him. Perhaps Nancy really does have a secret.

22. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

A funny thing happened on the way to the book tour.

Newt wound up with the Republican presidential nomination - only in the bizzare world that is American right wing politics is this possible.

23. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

I hear old Gingrich is telling Floridians he wants The United States to establish a moon colony. I wonder how he wants to pay for that venture. Being a Republican, I assume he doesn't want all those Republicans in the House and Senate to violate their Grover tax pledges. I assume he does not want to cut back on the military since he wants to invade countries. And I assume he doesn't want to cut back on Social Security and Medicare, so just how is it The Newt intends to pay for his venture to the moon?