The great paradox.

Discussion in 'Eastern Philosophy' started by yesemina, Mar 17, 2003.

1. Tristan Leave your World Behind Valued Senior Member

Not to me. But then again, everything is relative AKA in the eye of the beholder.....

Later
    T

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. yesemina Registered Senior Member

Yes, like moonman mentioned, there of course is value but no natural law that says there has to be value. That's what I meant..

And yes I agree with you Jan, that I don't necessarily want to separate myself from my mind or suppress myself in any way, but to free up my mind. I'm realizing more and more every day of how much fear I really had. I always felt like I had to please people, or front some image towards people, which is a common problem, but I thought I had learned to be myself a long time ago! However now I realize I just started to act upon my own idea of myself...when in reality I just need to scrape it all away. *Sigh* The ugly truth. Haha.

Liz

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. spookz Banned Banned

time out

i have to hug yese and cop a feel

there, all done
    carry on

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Jan Ardena OM!!! Valued Senior Member

8. Jan Ardena OM!!! Valued Senior Member

9. moonman Registered Senior Member

Re: Jan's stuff...

5 minutes without thinking? that's nothing, I spend waay more time infront of the TV than that

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

But is still deem that value is merely an abstract concept like so many other things such as emotion and purpouse. While the difference being that the concept of value is derived from our specific social and mental evolution in the past. It's a not a natural law in the way the the universe might value a plant over a rock, cause frankly I see a hell of a lot more rock and conditions that are not very suitable for a plant

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

But you are right, our thoughts are a natural process just as is our existance, indeed in this context there is nothing that is 'unnatural' (natural is an abstract concept aswell) becasue everything is the way it is and no other way. There is nothing in the universe that says there shouldn't be nuclear bombs, or paedophiles, it may be hard to accept but this is the way things are.

10. Jan Ardena OM!!! Valued Senior Member