The Great Restroom Debate!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by joepistole, Apr 21, 2016.

?

Do you support Republican efforts to re-regulate transgender access to public restrooms?

1. Yes

1 vote(s)
    5.3%
  2. No

17 vote(s)
    89.5%
  3. Don't know

1 vote(s)
    5.3%
  1. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

Recently it has become vogue in Republican Party to regulate which restrooms trans-gendered people can use. And apparently it's becoming an election issue this year. I mean really...the party of deregulation, the party which preaches deregulation as a universal panacea, wants to regulate which bathrooms trans-gendered people can use? That's not only ridiculous, that's hypocritical.

Of all the important issues, Republicans want to worry about regulating trans-gendered access to restrooms? It's ridiculous! Personally, I could care less. I think trans-gendered people should be allowed to use whichever bathroom they feel comfortable using. It isn't that big of a deal and it really isn't that complicated. In any case it shouldn't be a big deal. I think this Republican effort to regulate public restrooms is just flat-out stupid and a total waste of time.

So the question is, do you support Republican efforts to re regulate access to public restrooms?

Last edited: Apr 21, 2016
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Bowser Namaste Valued Senior Member

I read a report (no citation) where a man was taking pictures of women in the bathroom. My feelings are a woman's bathroom is for women--no exception. As for the men's bathroom, I would be interested to learn how a woman intends to use the urinal.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

That's illegal under existing law. Allowing transgender access doesn't change that.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Bowser Namaste Valued Senior Member

I would be curious to know what women think on the issue. If they are willing to share their bathroom with such a person, then yeah. My guess is that most wouldn't.

8. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

A good point was made that such laws would basically be unenforceable. What are they going to do, have someone stand in the bathroom all day and require proof of gender from everyone? It would be ridiculous. And who is going to report the suspicious ones? I've seen alot of women that look trangender. How embarrassing to make the wrong call on THAT! No..this is a very stupid law and is a waste of legislative time and resources.

9. Bowser Namaste Valued Senior Member

Surprisingly, women are keen to notice such things. I heard of cases where it was an issue.

10. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

Right..so when old Hilda Crabapple sees someone in the restroom she suspects may be trans, she'll call who? The Bathroom Police? Who ofcourse will hurry over there immediately but never in time to catch "the disgusting pervert". A total waste of time and resources. Laws that can't be enforced are stupid laws. Always!

11. Bowser Namaste Valued Senior Member

If I intentionally were to walk into a women's restroom, I would stand a good chance of being arrested. The police would probably make good effort in trying to find me.

12. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

Well, that depends on what you were trying to do while in the female restroom. I'm sure you would first be asked to leave, and probably wouldn't be arrested if you complied or otherwise harassed someone or got a rookie cop. Rookie cops have a penchant for arresting everything or ticketing anything that moves.

13. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

Because you are obviously male. For transgender, there is a constant blending into the background. Even a police description of a transgender female would only accentuate the female traits. They would never be caught in the time it takes to pee, and the police aren't going to hunt down that person either. It's a stupid law made by stupid people.

14. cluelusshusbund + Public Dilemma + Valued Senior Member

Is it oK for a woman to take her 7 year old son in the womens bathroom... an if yes... what shud the cut-off age be.???

15. Bowser Namaste Valued Senior Member

If I walked into the women's bathroom, lifted the seat, went pee, and washed my hands before leaving, people would take notice. If put on a dress and tried the same, people would take notice. I might even get my ass kicked by the women in the bathroom, or the men responding to the screams. Again, I am doubtful that women, in general, are in favor of unisex bathrooms. And yes, they do take notice and they do complain.

16. Bowser Namaste Valued Senior Member

Why would a woman take her seven-year-old boy into the women's bathroom? I can't recall any time my mother took me into a public restroom, let alone a women's restroom.

17. Bowser Namaste Valued Senior Member

Here's my position on the issue. If all women are in agreement regarding the matter, we should respect their boundaries. They shouldn't be forced to accommodate the desires of a few men who wish to act like women.

18. cluelusshusbund + Public Dilemma + Valued Senior Member

The boy might have mental or phjysical issues an needs help.!!!

19. Bowser Namaste Valued Senior Member

Wouldn't it be better for his father to take him to the men's room? But I suppose that if you are going to throw a disability at me... What the heck does that have to do with grown men using the women's bathroom?

20. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

Having not frequented female restrooms I cannot speak to the layout of female restrooms with certitude, but I imagine they have stalls like most male restrooms. Unlike male restrooms they don't have urinals. So if you pulled out your wee wee in a stall, I don't think any woman would have a problem with it. They won't even see it.

21. Bowser Namaste Valued Senior Member

I think they would take issue with it. My understanding is that a woman's restroom is considered sacred ground. Unfortunately, no women are participating in this thread.

22. cluelusshusbund + Public Dilemma + Valued Senior Member

Ive been in lots of womens bathrooms as a janitor an they do have stalls.!!!

23. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

We all know this law was not passed based on what women want. It's based on what a bunch of old republican biblethumpers want---continued persecution of the LGBT community in the name of religion---as well as the vicious stereotype of trans women as lecherous male perverts. It's complete bullshit. I hope North Carolina goes into a recession over this.