The Hijab syndrome!

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by Vega, Nov 6, 2009.

1. Vega Banned Banned

One of the verses in the Quran protects a woman's fundamental rights. Verse 59 of Surah Al-Ahzaab reads: "O Prophet! Tell thy wives and daughters and the believing women, that they should cast their outer garments over their persons (when outside) : so that they should be known (as such) and not molested".

According to the Quran, the reason why Muslim women should wear an outer garment when going out of their homes is that they may be recognised as "Believing" women and differentiated from streetwalkers for whom sexual harassment is an occupational hazard. The purpose of this verse was not to confine women to their homes, but to make it safe for them to go about their daily business without attracting unsavoury attention.

Yeah right!...What about the poor men out there???

It is said that to wear the Hijab is certainly NOT an Islamic obligatory on women. It is an innovation (Bid'ah) of men suffering from a piety complex who are so weak spiritually that they just cannot trust themselves!

Now guys isn't that a pile of bullshit or what!

The one thing that the hijab signifies is freedom — freedom to be recognized for your thoughts, ideas, and intellect rather than the clothes you wear or the way you look.

Yeah sure that's probably because your husband or government requires you to do so in society!

The hijab is the truest women's liberation movement. It truly emancipates a lady, gives her the status her womanhood demands, and lifts her to a pedestal where she is respected simply for who she is — a mother, a daughter, a sister, a businesswoman, a doctor, a teacher … an endless list of roles that women across the eons have been involved in.

Yeah only if it's in the interest of the religious authorities

The woman in hijab is applauded for her acumen and skill, not for her curves.
    Yeah that's just for the ugly ones

Several women have argued that hijab allows them freedom of movement and control of their bodies.In fact, the Qur'an supports the notion of gender equality.

Haha yeah like in Saudi Arabia,Afghanistan,Iran,Gulf arab states etc..

(Quran 7:26),(Quran 24:31) and (Quran 33:59) are some of the verses that encourage this.

These verses makes women feel guilty thereby psychologically motivating them to cover themselves up as to give them a feeling of acceptance in this faith!. Purely mindfucking if you ask me. It's just like bondage where a women likes to be dominated makes them think that they are more pleasing to their masters!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. mike47 Banned Banned

Religion is a personal matter so I can not see why another person can tell you what you believe and what you do not believe . Women are people too and of course they know what is best for them without asking your or my opinion . No woman asked me if it is okay to wear the burka or to be a stripper in a strip joint . Women know what is best for them and they have brains too .

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

Yes, they do what they're told, or else...

"Men are the protectors and maintainers of women. because Allah has given the one more (strength) than the other, and because they support them from their means. Therefore the righteous women are devoutly obedient, and guard in (the husband's) absence what Allah would have them guard. As to those women on whose part you fear disloyalty and ill-conduct, admonish them (first), (next) do not share their beds, (and last) beat (tap) them (lightly); but if they return to obedience, seek not against them means (of annoyance): for Allah is Most High, Great (above you all). (4:34)"

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Bishadi Banned Banned

why not just summarize;

the coverings are not because of God, but because the men are not held accountable for their own actions.

simple

men are weak with instinct

i.e.... what does a martyr GET (something about a bunch of virgins???)?

the men have been raised to believe, they incapable of personal responsibility

and women pays for it

but to know torah (the orig literature of the sects foundations), then women is who 'ate' the fruit.... (made the first 'choice')

as well, not a man alive ever, that did not come from a women first!

Mom rules...... while men are weakest of the genders when it comes to personal responsibility.

i say, once a man commits a crime of sexual rape, put a glas rod in the winkies and break it..... i bet any who are aware of what happens, would not touch a women based on their own weaknesses again (and definitely not that initial idiot, again)

how much to make a glass rod?

how long it take to impose the sentence?

how long the screams last of the rape victim versus the perpetrator?

bet you don't here the women screaming in pain much further.

take the burqa to the dump