The History Of SCIFORUMS...

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by The Flemster, May 24, 2004.

1. anu Banned Banned

dolts

dave's excellent adventure aka history of sciforums

poor fucking coffee. so intent on being somebody

one gem i remember was during the flap sci had a while back with some right wing forum. the tard referred to himself as the "foremost conservative on this board" (or something to that effect)

aint that right coffee?. oh, i need your opinion on this...

duh duh duhhhhh duh duh? duuuuuhhhhh? duh!

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Rick Valued Senior Member

ummm...okay i am still new to these forums

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

I admit it...

bye!

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. HOWARDSTERN HOWARDSTERN has logged out.... Registered Senior Member

Heck, zion, I can't that I remember you. But my memories are getting a little fuzzy...........

Well,........ I looked at your join date......Join Date: 09-25-01.
    That's why ! ! !

You joined Sciforums right after I died,

& Escaped From New York ! ! !

Oh Well, ...............................belated welcome to sciforums, zion.

Yeah, cris was a pretty good friend of mine, until I told him that I used to smoke marijuana, like Tiassa. After that, his brit ancestory got thee best of him & he would talk to me NOmore.

But cris is an ok guy & pretty damn smart..................just not as much as he thinks. Spells a lot of words kinda funny too.............

chagur~~~GODAMN ! !! ! SUBMARINER, CRAZY, PIG BOAT CAPTAIN, START WORLD WAR-5 KINda Character ! ! ! !JESUS CHRIST ! ! ! ! ! I'd Give you the same advice that I gave to WET1, Watch out for this GUY ! ! !! Na, John's a pretty decent feller. Good friend.

chagur will be back.............he's just cruising around beneath the sciforums sea, waiting for a chance to bag his next commy battleship.

Geezzzzzzzzzzzz........that fuc*king* chagur used to freak me out sometimes.Dangerous.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. anu Banned Banned

fuck join dates. it is a state of mind that makes sci your community.
    besides, nothing changes. it merely gets recycled. (vomit!)

8. hotsexyangelprincess WMD Registered Senior Member

lol. I still feel kind of new here. I joined beginning of last year, but after 135 posts i lost the link, and for some reason, couldn't remember the name. Then i found it. and it was all changed so i wasn't sure if it had changed, but i saw sargentlard's name, and remembered where i was. I dunno if you remember sargent, but when you and i were both new here, we had some big debate over scandinavia )and i dont know why), but i remember when Xev and Adam were still posting (a lot) and wet1. cant forget WCF. how weird. seems so long ago, but only like 6 months. and that time gap really killed my posts per day. :m:

9. HOWARDSTERN HOWARDSTERN has logged out.... Registered Senior Member

Ah, well,

Heck, we're all birds of a feather in at least one way. We probably came to this site, in search of original science ideas (even coffee). In fact, I regret saying those things about coffee. I have been much worse than him at times, as any older member will attest. Besides, I do put out some pretty unbelievable ideas (crazy) at times. But that's what I was hoping to find at sciforums to begin with! If I want to read the same old worn out mainstream crap, I'll pick up this month's issue of Scientific American ! ! ! ! I want to know what the amateur science enthusist thinks (YOU)! ! ! That's why I am here. And let me tell ya, if there are even ten members here at sciforums that have really made porfiry's hair curl/stand on end, I am definately in that top ten! MAybe that's why he never banned me......of course, it could be out of sympathy...

Or maybe it's because he KNOWS that I do Completely Fucking LOVE THIS SITE, & my fellow science enthusiasts ! ! ! ! ! ! !

Come to think of the same old worn out ideas, did anybody pick up on the latest Stephen Hawking chronicles? See, science is very dynamic, & completely uncertain. Even the supposed best-of-the-best can be wrong & more often than not, is!

ANYHOW!....After being slapped down by the older members (when I was a junior member), I sorta retaliated against those with so little patience for my ideas & decided to be a pain in the ass to the boris's, Tiassa's, cris's, ect.....I didn't want to get rid of them (or anyone) or anything like that. I just wanted to be treated with some respect, or least to have my serious ideas considered and discussed without the snobbery.

I have always felt that every member here wants the same thing.....to be treated as a colleague, not as a fool.. I try not to treat anyone as a fool, but sometimes after being treated badly myself, I do strike back. It's in my nature. I also do joke around, quite a lot. I always hope that everyone here knows the difference. I have a problem with anyone, who can't laugh. That person needs professional help.

One of the things that first irritated me, was that the first members here were such great writers. Perfect punctuation, perfect use of commas, ect..................................... HAHA.....(that endless string of periods, slashes......would irritate the hell out of cris).

But he was also trying to be helpful & I DO appreciate that he was trying to help me. I guess/wish I should have told him that before he quit sciforums.

It is my hope that I will be helpful, at least in some small way, to others.

For me, the really important part of sciforums was the original ideas, not so much punctuation. And mostly, I don't say anything about any other member's poor grammer or punctuation. Besides, I am no Earnest Hemingway ! ! ! As long as a member can communicate his/her science ideas, however they do it, I'm happy & don't give a shit about mispellings ! ! !

PS.........there is one last thing, in regards to posting at sciforums, that I want to address & have everyone here to read:
    For anyone, who is not great at typing, spelling, or punctuation........let me tell ya bubba, it is now almost exactly 1 hour since I started this reply! ! ! ! By the time I have proof read, made changes, corrected typos, and added a little of my own HOWARDSTERN 21st century flair, it will have been at least 1 1/2 hrs. to make this one post ! ! ! Even then, I won't be satisfied with it & I will be aggravated when someone comes back & mis-interprets some point that I was sure that I had made.

So if you think that it (writing) comes easy..........at least for me.....it does not! I suspect that even, "The Great Tiassa," spends at least a few minutes proof reading & correcting, before he posts.

Yeah, typing is a pain, when you are trying to communicate a few precise thoughts........maybe someone will invent a neural interface that will convert brain speech into correct text............or maybe even brain-to brain direct modem interfaces.

So until the brain-to-brain interfaces come along, don't feel left out if you have to put in the extra time in your posts, to get your point across. Otherwise you are sure to be misunderstood. It's happened to me more times than not. In fact, that's EXACTLY why my posts are so long. I hate misunderstandings. If I could have communicated these few thoughts with a hundred words or less, believe me, I would have. The devil is always in the details & if you don't detail, then someone won't GET IT! Seems like old cris told me something just like that, several years ago. He Was Right!

Peace...& knowledge...... :m:

Last edited: Jul 23, 2004
  10. wesmorris Nerd Overlord - we(s):1 of N Valued Senior Member

cris came back. i saw him post again just a few days ago. freaked me out.

11. HOWARDSTERN HOWARDSTERN has logged out.... Registered Senior Member

Cool! I do know that he was taking on quite a bit more at work when I last talked to him in PM's. As he was being moved up the ladder, he had less & less time for Sciforums. His family came first..........as with anyone. :m:

:m:

12. sargentlard Save the whales motherfucker Valued Senior Member

Pfffttt...i'd ditch my asshole kids for this place anyday.

13. curioucity Unbelievable and odd Registered Senior Member

Gee, I wonder what I can contribute to the history other than some minor stuffs........ oh, but I merely hope one of my thread in Free Thoughts will be made monumental hee hee hee

14. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

15. vslayer Registered Senior Member

hmm.. people are saying cris left for a while, that explains how he turned up a few days ago and had 5000 posts, i have been here 3 months and have like 600, so im getting there

16. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

I think I should be an integral part of sciforums history, because allegedly I brought immaturity to sciforums and made it the hallmark of every post since then by everybody (except goofyfish).

17. vslayer Registered Senior Member

there is always room for a little immaturity, just keep those strange being of your forum out nad we should be fine

lol, i wrote nad instead of and *gasp* oh no, i found that funny, quick kill me before the next full moon!!