The history of sexism...where did it begin? Why? Can we rid our world of it?

Discussion in 'History' started by wegs, Aug 4, 2013.

1. wegs Matter and Pixie Dust Valued Senior Member

Hehe, why don’t you tell us how you really feel, Balerion?!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. arauca Banned Banned

Thank you for your judgment : I have been raised by East European and Spanish culture . our mind is set up with different values then the present Anglo set of value . It is clear that we are not compatible . It is possible to see on a bigger scale on how Russian legislator voted against liberalism and homosexuality

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Robittybob1 Banned Banned

Yes it is one thing to read how he feels about someone else but what is happening in his own mind.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Bells Staff Member

So why do you keep defending his abhorrent views?

How did it turn to dominance?

Or do you feel that way because it went from being in their hearts to their actions?
    If that were the case, then you would respect the opinions of women and what they want for themselves out of life. But you don't always, if your posting here is any indication.

The English language is difficult for you?

I don't understand what you mean by this?

Equality works hand in hand with respect for the other's position and beliefs, or lack thereof. Equality is the acceptance that everyone has a choice and the respect for that person's choice.

You don't understand, do you?

The whole argument against sexism is because men have dominated even that discourse. From being given the right to vote, to being given the right to use contraception to being given the right to have abortions. Those rights weren't automatic. They were granted by men. The current complaint about women's rights exists because men feel they can no longer dominate that discourse. Women have taken ownership of it. So when you say 'maybe we need to start a male equality movement', it is in itself sexist. Because in your mind, you are pissed off that you can no longer dominate our equality. You have lost the ability to do so. You have lost the ability to grant us equality. And so, you point out female dominance. It's not female dominance. We have no dominance over your rights. Our actually having equal rights does not impede or infringe upon your rights. It never has. The only thing it has removed from you has been your ability to dominate our path and our choices by your 'granting' us rights. Times have changed Robbitybob1. Women's equality is no longer in just the hearts of women. It is now in their lives.

8. Robittybob1 Banned Banned

He is saying he lives in a culture that is different (behind the times) compared to ours. I can't recall ever supporting him on this.

Well what do they say "Hell has no fury like a woman scorned"

They take you to the cleaners. When they set out to destroy where was equality then? Long time ago now though.

I was just passing on a prophecy I had. It even surprised me. Was I even ready/prepared for that?

There is lawyer speak too.

No; one day I will join in then blast me, but at the moment I'm like the baby, just learning to talk.

Well sounds good to me. I like that.

So you say, but I think you underestimate me.

As I said I'm not being accused of being sexist. Everything else though, (I won't list them).

9. arauca Banned Banned

What ever you are because I don't agree with your lesbian view my view are abhorred ? God forbid that women should have your view . At that point there is not going to be a decent society. The world existed with out your views and will exist , as women will have the fear of God.

10. arauca Banned Banned

What ever you are because I don't agree with your lesbian view my view are abhorred ? God forbid that women should have your view . At that point there is not going to be a decent society. The world existed with out your views and will exist , as women will have the fear of God.

11. Bells Staff Member

He lives in America.

Do you know who penned that line?

How so? One of the biggest gripes I have heard from men (and women for that matter) when it comes to divorce proceedings has been the fact that they have to pay child support and their mistaken belief that that money is being used by their ex wives to do god knows what. What they fail to realise is that the courts and the law look at the situation and determine how this child would have been financially supported had the parents still been together.

Let me guess? Divorce? Who wrote the divorce laws?

Riiiigghhhttt....

It's all ordained by God is it? So it must happen..

Jim Jones also had a prophecy. Look how well that turned out..

Uh huh..

The same can be said for those who follow those who claim to have had prophecies about their lives. Jones and Koresh are prime examples.

Says he who is claiming he is having prophecies..

Is this supposed to appeal to emotion that a 60 year old man is a baby and thus, must be handled with care and who equated all he cannot understand to 'lawyer speak' or twisting it around so he can discuss his prophecies?

What a shame it only sounds good to you but you cannot put it into practice.

I think the issue here is that we haven't underestimated you.

MMm hmm.

12. Robittybob1 Banned Banned

But his culture came with him and his wife.

I could Google it.

There was a business and houses and kids, a right bloody mess.

I pass.

God works in mysterious ways, as they say!

I understand you OK.

When it comes to some topics that are new to me, certainly.

I practice what I preach. So I hope I put it in practice.

Well there have been some letters of support (there are fewer detractors now that people have come to understand me).

13. billvon Valued Senior Member

No, it wasn't.

That's the part you can't seem to comprehend. Lesbians, blacks, feminists - they all basically want the same thing. To live in peace with their families, to worship as they see fit, to love as they see fit, to work and make a good living, to eventually retire. You keep finding reasons that they are horrible evil crime-supporting family haters, but they are a lot more like you than you probably care to admit. Heck, you probably know a fair number of gay men and women, but because of your homophobia, they know they can't talk to you about that.

14. billvon Valued Senior Member

Uh - lesbians are women.
    It will still be plenty decent, it just won't have as much hate in it.
    And the world now exists without your views - and it's doing just fine. As time goes on, and the older generation passes on, it will become more so.
    During the 1890's a lot of people could not imagine a decent world where blacks were allowed to vote, own property, marry white women etc. They are all dead now, and our society has progressed. This is the way of the world. Children born in the 1840's saw blacks as slaves; property. Children born in the 1900's saw blacks as second class citizens, but not slaves. Children born in the 1950's saw blacks as regular citizens but not the same as whites. Children born in the 1980's saw blacks as pretty much the same as whites but perhaps not having the same opportunities. Children born in the 2000's are now growing up with a black president. The same will happen with gays, and we will all be better off as a result.

15. arauca Banned Banned

Friend for me blacks people in the late 1947 and then I come into this country and this society changed my views , and now this society is catching up in treating people like the more backward societies.
    billvon : I think you guys are overplaying my position. My relation with black on personal relation is one and on business is different . Let me mention some thing else . In my visitation of prison which is over 8 years I have established a relationship with many black inmates , we treat each other as brothers . One month ago I purchased a condominium for my son near the university. One of the owner is a black person . The neighbor is about 50% blacks . my question would you guys invest over $ 100.000.00 cash not taking a mortgage and if thins go bad run away let the bank take it over .

16. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

"This view that women are somehow inferior to men is not restricted to one religion or belief. Women are prevented from playing a full and equal role in many faiths. Nor, tragically, does its influence stop at the walls of the church, mosque, synagogue or temple. This discrimination, unjustifiably attributed to a Higher Authority, has provided a reason or excuse for the deprivation of women's equal rights across the world for centuries. At its most repugnant, the belief that women must be subjugated to the wishes of men excuses slavery, violence, forced prostitution, genital mutilation and national laws that omit rape as a crime. But it also costs many millions of girls and women control over their own bodies and lives, and continues to deny them fair access to education, health, employment and influence within their own communities.... The truth is that male religious leaders have had -- and still have -- an option to interpret holy teachings either to exalt or subjugate women. They have, for their own selfish ends, overwhelmingly chosen the latter."

JIMMY CARTER, "Losing My Religion for Equality"

Regards
    DL