The Holy Quran

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by EmptyForceOfChi, Feb 18, 2011.

1. jmpet Valued Senior Member

You originally posted the entire first chapters then you or the mod cut it out. You can't start threads that consist of copying and pasting material from other sites- if nothing else it's bad taste.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

This means that the ones who have faith in the most high and follow the laws will be bestowed with blessings and will not feel the wrath that a transgressor would feel.

Peace.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

The forum rules do not give an actual strict amount of which you can Cite or Quote. it allowes "a few paragraphs", but is also considerate to scripture being sourced and as the quran teaches not to miss represent a verse and leave things in whole context leaving the whole chapter is ok.

Do you see howmuch negative posts you guys have jumped on and you have contrinbuted 0 to this thread. So either contribute on topic or quit trolling.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. jmpet Valued Senior Member

You posted an almost 10,000 word post. Is it not apparent what is an acceptable amount of material to post?

Ya know, I quote the Qu'ran a lot- I just don't post the whole of it, I post the salient parts and leave the rest out with a hyperlink if one feels inclined to read the whole thing. But to presuppose I want to sit here for half an hour reading pasted material is simply a joke.

What if I pasted The Book of Matthew in a new thread? That'd be too far, don't you think?

8. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

The Holy Quran is a Book, The Book itself is the topic of discussion.

That was an introduction, go and read the rest of the quran then come back and post.

To everyone else

Im not posting this for a single opinion of mine to be expressed, I will be talking about many verses in the Quran and debating them and their meanings with other posters. This is an all around debate for everyone to add their insight, why do you guys act so wierd when I post about the Quran?. What about all the Dao De Jing threads I have started about Lao Tzus book? where were all of you then trying to get my thread closed and asking me stupid questions about why I have to give good reason to discuss a book.

This goes for all of you and Im not going to reply to every single off topic post, you guys either stay on topic and talk about the quran or I will ignore your future posts past this point. Why was it considered "Ok" when I started hundreds of threads in the past aout Certain teachings or philosophies, Since I have accepted The quran and it's teachings You have all treated my posts differently and shown how bigoted you are towards islam. and im going to say this once and once only.

Grow up

9. jmpet Valued Senior Member

Here is the salient point of The Cow: note- it's less than 500 words:

2. This is the Book; in it is guidance sure, without doubt, to those who fear Allah.

3. Who believe in the Unseen, are steadfast in prayer, and spend out of what We have provided for them;

4. And who believe in the Revelation sent to thee, and sent before thy time, and (in their hearts) have the assurance of the Hereafter.

5. They are on (true) guidance, from their Lord, and it is these who will prosper.

6. As to those who reject Faith, it is the same to them whether thou warn them or do not warn them; they will not believe.

7. Allah hath set a seal on their hearts and on their hearing, and on their eyes is a veil; great is the penalty they (incur).

8. Of the people there are some who say: "We believe in Allah and the Last Day;" but they do not (really) believe.

9. Fain would they deceive Allah and those who believe, but they only deceive themselves, and realise (it) not!

10. In their hearts is a disease; and Allah has increased their disease: And grievous is the penalty they (incur), because they are false (to themselves).

11. When it is said to them: "Make not mischief on the earth," they say: "Why, we only Want to make peace!"

12. Of a surety, they are the ones who make mischief, but they realise (it) not.

13. When it is said to them: "Believe as the others believe:" They say: "Shall we believe as the fools believe?" Nay, of a surety they are the fools, but they do not know.

14. When they meet those who believe, they say: "We believe;" but when they are alone with their evil ones, they say: "We are really with you: We (were) only jesting."

15. Allah will throw back their mockery on them, and give them rope in their trespasses; so they will wander like blind ones (To and fro).

16. These are they who have bartered Guidance for error: But their traffic is profitless, and they have lost true direction,

17. Their similitude is that of a man who kindled a fire; when it lighted all around him, Allah took away their light and left them in utter darkness. So they could not see.

18. Deaf, dumb, and blind, they will not return (to the path).

19. Or (another similitude) is that of a rain-laden cloud from the sky: In it are zones of darkness, and thunder and lightning: They press their fingers in their ears to keep out the stunning thunder-clap, the while they are in terror of death. But Allah is ever round the rejecters of Faith!

20. The lightning all but snatches away their sight; every time the light (Helps) them, they walk therein, and when the darkness grows on them, they stand still. And if Allah willed, He could take away their faculty of hearing and seeing; for Allah hath power over all things.

10. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

The second surah is alot longer than that it is incomplete., but thanks for posting the info.

Peace.

11. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

Just to note Jmpet posted the first 20 verses in their most abbreviated form, these are the next 10 verses of the same Second Surah in more correctly defined translation for western pronounciation of the old prophets eg (jesus instead of Isa, Moses instead of Musa, Abraham instead of Ibrahim), but this surah continues for roughly 150 verses I suggest reading The Entire Surah at the site I sourced in the Op.

"002.021 O ye people! Adore your Guardian-Lord, who created you and those who came before you, that you may become righteous;

002.022 Who has made the earth your couch, and the heavens your canopy; and sent down rain from the heavens; and brought forth therewith Fruits for your sustenance; then set not up rivals unto God when ye know (the truth).

002.023 And if ye are in doubt as to what We have revealed from time to time to Our servant, then produce a Sura like thereunto; and call your witnesses or helpers (If there are any) besides God, if your (doubts) are true.

002.024 But if ye cannot- and of a surety ye cannot- then fear the Fire whose fuel is Men and Stones,- which is prepared for those who reject Faith.

002.025 But give glad tidings to those who believe and work righteousness, that their portion is Gardens, beneath which rivers flow. Every time they are fed with fruits therefrom, they say: "Why, this is what we were fed with before," for they are given things in similitude; and they have therein companions pure (and holy); and they abide therein (forever).

002.026 God disdains not to use the similitude of things, lowest as well as highest. Those who believe know that it is truth from their Lord; but those who reject faith say: "What means God by this similitude?" By it He causes many to stray, and many He leads into the right path; but He causes not to stray, except those who forsake (the path),-

002.027 Those who break God's Covenant after it is ratified, and who sunder what God has ordered to be joined, and do mischief on earth: These cause loss (only) to themselves.

002.028 How can ye reject the faith in God?- seeing that ye were without life, and He gave you life; then will He cause you to die, and will again bring you to life; and again to Him will ye return.

002.029 It is He Who hath created for you all things that are on earth; Then He turned to the heaven and made them into seven firmaments; and of all things He hath perfect knowledge.

002.030 Behold, thy Lord said to the angels: "I will create a vicegerent on earth." They said: "Wilt Thou place therein one who will make mischief therein and shed blood?- whilst we do celebrate Thy praises and glorify Thy holy (name)?" He said: "I know what ye know not."

Above is the next 10 verses in the second Surah.

Peace.

12. jmpet Valued Senior Member

So are you an exceptional Muslim or something different?

13. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

No I commit lots of sins I have a few things to work on still and more to learn. For instanc e Smoking weed is technically a Sin, which I sometimes break. I miss prayers I don't go to mosque when I should. Lots of people do wrong without knowing. Shouting at your kids is also forbidden which many people do not me personaly but just an example of the little things people do that are sinfull.

peace.

14. SciWriter Valued Senior Member

Pent and repent, sinner!

15. Me-Ki-Gal Banned Banned

Good one Chi, Float like a butterfly sting like a Bee "I am the Greatest " Pow Pow Right hook , Upper cut , Out for the count. Yeah all you Wendy winiers grow up all ready.

16. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

Muslims call Christians "The people of the book" they also sometimes refer to followers of Jesus (Isa) as "Isa`eii" which just means followers of the prophet Isa (Jesus pbuh)

Muslims accept the teachings of jesus and consider him one of the greatest prophets to walk the earth, But it is seen as an insult to wear the cross of the dead prophet or have the body of the dead prophets idol image around your necks, because the prophet Isa ~(jesus) Did not die on the Cross they were fooled, he escaped and judas took his place and sacrificed himself. Also it is seen as offensive to call Jesus the Direct Son of god because God has no equal and even though jesus had no earthly father it still does not mean God is his seed father or anything biological.

This is a small chapter about Jesus in the Quran but there is alot more about him in the Quran it-self. Maryum is Mary's real name, Jesus real name is Isa for reference when reading the Quran.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sura Al Imran

42 Behold! The angels said: “Oh Maryam! Allah has chosen you and purified you – chosen you above all the women of mankind.
    43 O Maryam! Worship the Lord devoutly: Prostrate yourself, and bow down with those who bow down”
    44 This is part of the tidings of things unseen, which We reveal unto you by inspiration: you were not with them when they cast lots with arrows, as to which of them should be charged with the care of Maryam; nor were you with them when they disputed (the point).
    45 Behold! The angels said, “O Maryam! Allah gives you glad tidings of a word from Him: His name shall be Isa Masih (Messiah), the son of Maryam, held in honor in this world and also in the Hereafter and of the righteous.
    46 He shall speak to the people in his childhood and in maturity. And shall be of the righteous.
    47 She said, “O My Lord! How shall I have a son when no man has touched me?” He said: “Even so: Allah creates what He will: when He has decreed a plan, He but says to it, “Be”, and it is!"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Peace.

17. Me-Ki-Gal Banned Banned

Ut OH Spidy we got a runner. Put the pipe down! Just Joken Chi , I don't care if you smoke weed dude. It is an herb of the earth man , whats the matter with you. Who told you that was a sin . Spidy did you tell him that. Just don't smoke it when your working or diving. Does it say that in the Quran ? " Don't smoke weed" I bet it don't. I do think you should talk to spidy about the dangers of smoking weed though. He can Illuminate you . Not anything like a sin bro. A sin is like when you have sex with your brothers wife dude. Now don't tell anybody, but Shhhhhs now I have smoked some weed before Shhhhsss quite .

18. Me-Ki-Gal Banned Banned

Chi do you have kids. I got something important to tell you. Kids are what you tell them they are. Yeah Man . You tell them they are bad little kids and they believe you and are bad . They listen to there Parents when thy are young. Look up to like you are god . They copy your example so yeah when you yell at them they learn that behavior and in turn because of the clock work world they will do the same to there children. Humans Copy Humans and we all learn by example . Think about it. Children will rule the world when they grow up . Sorry about off post but this is important to me because I care about the next generation with my own children in that very world

19. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

Anything that is Self harming is a Sin in Islam, that includes cutting yourself, drinking Booze, smoking and anything else that you do intentionaly knowing its bad for your health.

Eating weed is ok and smoking pure from a pipe if you can prove its not harming you. but mixing with tobacco and in papers is not allowed.

Peace.

20. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

My daughter is 4 this year, I don't set bad examples for her and she is a perfect angel.

Peace.

21. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

The following is the first 9 verses of a Surah about Mary mother of Jesus (pbut) please continue reading the surah on the link provided in the OP, This is explaining about Zakariya (Zachariya/Zachariah) and how mary came to carry jesus the messiah. (pbut) These are not the Surahs about jesus we can discuss them later on.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Surah 19 - Maryam MARY

019.001 Kaf, Ha, Ya, 'Ain, Sad.

019.002 (This is) a recital of the Mercy of thy Lord to His servant Zakariya.

019.003 Behold! he cried to his Lord in secret,

019.004 Praying: "O my Lord! infirm indeed are my bones, and the hair of my head doth glisten with grey: but never am I unblest, O my Lord, in my prayer to Thee!

019.005 "Now I fear (what) my relatives (and colleagues) (will do) after me: but my wife is barren: so give me an heir as from Thyself,-

019.006 "(One that) will (truly) represent me, and represent the posterity of Jacob; and make him, O my Lord! one with whom Thou art well-pleased!"

019.007 (His prayer was answered): "O Zakariya! We give thee good news of a son: His name shall be Yahya: on none by that name have We conferred distinction before."

019.008 He said: "O my Lord! How shall I have a son, when my wife is barren and I have grown quite decrepit from old age?"

019.009 He said: "So (it will be) thy Lord saith, 'that is easy for Me: I did indeed create thee before, when thou hadst been nothing!'"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Peace

22. Me-Ki-Gal Banned Banned

That oo2.o24 is that the verse that gives you the idea you can go out and burn people . Go out and burn and stone the unfaithful , I don't think that would be a proper reading . I think it means the fire is reserved for you by natural causes not by someone flaming you up.
    I know what you don't Know , Well you really Know , but you don't know I know , Yet you real know with out knowing that I know you know . You Know I know. I am the mischief maker too. Wood devil type . It is My Westphalian ancestry that makes Me like that. Part of being a white Devil person who tries to take over the world and oppress the poor. Yeah Heathenism . But as they sing in America The Eagle Fly's with the Dove and that is why I don't do the heinous acts of my Fore Fathers. The E-gal Fry"s with the Dove Get it. Right from the skillet in to the fire
    Chi I like Gardens and Fruit . Yeah yum yum Nuts to oh and Dates are Great Love them. Me and food yeah we can be good together. The Joy of living
    I don't see much difference than other teachings Chi. It all looks pretty standard so far. I like the " Most Gracious" thing though . Yeah that is a good twist on Its equivalent "My God" of the Christian Bible. It does sound like a quality more than "My God " although I like them both for being M.G.s
    I like 57cheys I like Screaming Guitars , Speaking of Guitars , I think Islam invented the Guitar . Yeah I think that is right Chi. Yeah I owe my Guitar playing to Islam . Get out of here can you believe that ? I could not play guitar if it wasn't for Islam making the guitar . Anyway forgot what I was talking about . Quran , I see nothing threatening here. As long as we don't misinterpretation the fire burning stuff. Onward Muslim soldier. Chi I do Mischief. It is like you said before . The Rebellious act. I am going to change everything . People don't realize the power of suggestion. I plant subliminal thoughts in peoples heads. You could say it is a gift . People don't even realize it but if you watch real close you can see how power changes a person from the subliminal plantings. You might even wonder about your own thoughts and the effect on you. Don't beat your children . Or yell at them either. Yeah good law . Yeah I like that one . We haven't seen that in the Quran yet. Still I like that law even if it is not in the book. O.K. shoot Me all you people that are disgusted with my rhetoric. It is the only way I know to to interact Blthththiah to you. . Whats the Quran say about "Bithiah " "Daughter of God" Daughter of Pharaoh . Anything ?Moses"s Step Mom is what I understand . Do you agree on this ? Funny she is called Daughter of God .

23. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

That verse is not about humans on earth stoning people or burning them. It is saying the fuels of Hell will be stones and Evil men.

I don't think the Quran mentions the step mother of Musa.

peace.