The idea about human evolution that stumps creationists

Discussion in 'The Cesspool' started by CEngelbrecht, Dec 24, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CEngelbrecht Registered Senior Member

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b07w4y98
    http://aquatic-human-ancestor.org/

This is the idea, that answers all questions about human evolution left over from Darwin and Wallace, leaving creationist cultists with nothing. So sad, that by the will of the collective field of paleoanthropology, you're still not supposed to know about it. Because it was the wrong person that made the headway.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Beer w/Straw Transcendental Ignorance! Valued Senior Member

Is this about aquatic apes or something?

origin and exchemist like this.
  4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. CEngelbrecht Registered Senior Member

Weird how much panic can be triggered by people looking into a telescope.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. exchemist Valued Senior Member

ZZZzzzzz.........

oh wait I'm supposzzzzzed.............

.......to be panickingzzz..........

8. origin Heading towards oblivion Valued Senior Member

What are you talking about? Why would there be 'much panic' from looking into a telescope???
    Have you been drinking?

Edit:
    That's right you go on about the aquatic ape thing. Don't you have an old thread still open on this.

Edit: .
    I see that thread was closed like this one will be before long.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2018
  9. Yazata Valued Senior Member

That looks like hyperbole.

"Stumps creationists" and "leaves creationists with nothing" how? It seems to me that creationists can and have used any highly-complex functionally-adapted biological system, or for that matter the supposed 'fine-tuning' of the universe's physical constants in their arguments. "Answers all questions about human evolution left over from Darwin and Wallace"? The evolution of language, social evolution and stuff like that?

So biologists' and physical anthropologists' slowness to embrace this very speculative hypothesis is all the result of a conspiracy motivated by "panic"? Why would the idea of aquatic apes induce panic? You obviously think that it's hugely important and feel very strongly about it. Why is that?

As for me, I'm just not convinced. I think that human beings show more adaptation for bipedal locomotion on land than for swimming. We aren't strong swimmers. We can't close our noses the way seals can and our ability to hold our breaths is very limited. We just don't compare well with dolphins.

10. CEngelbrecht Registered Senior Member

Yes, them beach apes refuse go away. What a world.

I'm sure it will be. There is no debate.

11. CEngelbrecht Registered Senior Member

To put it mildly, yes.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8583974

It is no more speculative than the theory of evolution. It is founded in the theory of evolution, using its tools.

Why are creationists winning? 'Cause in science might makes right, and creationists are out in force. Our only weapon against their hysteria dragging the West back to the dark age was the scientific method. And the voices of free science also freely ignore their own method, whenever they feel like it.

Oh, I'm sorry, I was taught that science was about gathering knowledge. I guess the nature of human origin doesn't really matter, we already know everything.

Or maybe I'm just disgusted about being taught about the mistreatment of Galileo in 1632 by religious dogma, while seeing the exact same thing today against Morgan, an equally provocative armchair scientist, this time committed by voices of free science, who should bloody well know better.

Uhuh.

We're not compared with dolphins, are we? They have had 55 million years of aquatic evolution, we have had about a tenth of that. But we manage the same active dive times as hippos (5 minutes) and the same max depths as sea otters (100 meters).

There's nothing unreasonable about the idea of Homo sapiens descending from old beach apes. And that's its biggest crime. It's supposed to be nuts. Just look at how you compare us with seals and dolphins, which isn't being suggested. Anything can be ridiculed and easily rejected, if you're allowed to freely distort what it's talking about. That's exactly what creationists do to Darwin all the time.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

12. CEngelbrecht Registered Senior Member

Sixty years later, you all still talk about them dolphin apes. That's still always the first reply: "You believe we're as aquatic as dolphins, twat!" You still reject something, that has never been suggested. Why do you do that? It's almost as if you can't reject what's actually on the table, but by the virtue of fraternity pressure, you're still expected to, so you don't even have to read the bleedin' sources.

And you're still expecting me to not say anything to this. Just to go away. How in the hell is that science?

13. CEngelbrecht Registered Senior Member

*** Crickets ***

*** Crickets ***

*** Crickets ***

I didn't think so.

14. Write4U Valued Senior Member

Not really dolphin people, but definitely fishermen.
    At the southern tip of Africa there are several caves by the shore with remains of a very early human occupation who lived on shellfish, because of the evidence of large deposits of discarded shells and more importantly, artifacts of very fine tools, designed to pry open shellfish and spear fishing along the coast.
    https://www.smithsonianmag.com/arts...the-cradle-of-humankind-south-africa-5940184/
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pinnacle_Point

Blombos Cave

Klasies River Mouth Cave entrance
    Google

Last edited: Dec 26, 2018
  15. Bells Staff Member

Mod Note

Not really.

I think everyone is just sick of your trolling.

Because this dance is always the same.

You start these threads, then you start trolling your own thread because heaven forbid people question anything about this (for example, you post the same kind of response and images in each of these threads. It follows the exact same pattern. You then start acting as though you have won. And then you will start posting insults. That has been the pattern. Each time.

It is boring and predictable. You have no intention of discussing this with anyone.

exchemist likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.