the imminent attack theory

Discussion in 'SciFi & Fantasy' started by R1D2, Oct 12, 2012.

1. scheherazade Northern Horse Whisperer Valued Senior Member

Apparently zombies have some kind of a virus or transmittable condition that one does not want to get their blood into any open wound etc. I don't think this makes them suitable for pig food and the reason I suggested incinerating the dehydrated remains. :shrug:

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. scheherazade Northern Horse Whisperer Valued Senior Member

Good point. I suppose we could ask KJ how much bacon, ham, sausage and pork he eats himself.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Pigs actually get a bad rap. It is humans that cause them to live in deplorable conditions for profit. When raised in the open or a nice large yard, they defecate far away from where they eat. They do like to wallow in mud in hot weather but that is a cooling function. Heck, some women pay big bucks for mud packs and mud body treatments.

We raised a pig one year, aptly named 'Pork Chop' and that was a very pleasant animal to have around and very fine eating come fall. My friends saved lots of good garden stuff to add to a chopped grain diet for this project. A very lean piggie because we had an early autumn with -40C in October. Not a lot of fat to render for baking to my sorrow.

Back to Zombies.....I think we are going to have to treat them as a bio-hazard once they are dead and disposal will be a concern, depending on how many of them to deal with. I can get behind anything, lol...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pw2krdBz7IA

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. KilljoyKlown Whatever Valued Senior Member

I forgot about the possibility of zombie pigs (Yuck!).

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. R1D2 many leagues under the sea. Valued Senior Member

I am impressed scheherazade. You came up with some really good material.
    I would like to add in this theory. Since a pig feast is mentioned. Let's also assume. Zombies in a rural area. Sorta ran out of humans. And turned to "wild and domestic" animals. So there are animals infecting other humans and animals.

In the Zombieland movie. It started as a mutated mad cow strand. And there where few that could resist it. (Being immune)
    In our theory we are more immune to it. This "infection" started with lower immune individuals. Like elderly, kids, and some sick "folks". But like scheherazade mentioned it can be transferred. To higher immune people. If they are attacked, by being bit. Or are exposing a "wound" of some sort, to the zombie fluids. Like you have a cut on your hand an you move a zombie that's been shot. Its blood gets on your cut. You start turning. Kinda like aids in a way.

I would like to use a back hoe an dig a dry moat. Place in spikes. An let the zombies fall in and in pail themselves. And watch them squirm. But out of animals getting infected first may just be vultures and other scavengers. Then it might spread to cats an dogs. Then branch out from there.
    Head trauma. Like what was mentioned. Was making me think. We could be very creative. And pour a hot oil on them. Or acid from a roof top. As they get close to a building. Or we could use a power washer. If you have used a power washer while wearing flip flops. You can knock the hide off your foot. I liked the chainsaw idea! :jason:

8. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Sorry about the spam there folks... taken care of! Keep Calm and Carry On and remember... TO THE WINCHESTER!

9. R1D2 many leagues under the sea. Valued Senior Member

Staying calm and carrying on. No real need for you to be sorry. Yes, to the Winchester! I agree. An you are going hunting for zombies like us and Spammers! GO GET EM'!!!

10. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

My personal choice for zombie hunting... my 1990 Nissan Pathfinder with a custom-fabbed cast-iron bumper, 6 inch suspension / 3 inch body lift, 32" BFG All Terrain tires on Steel rims, with two jerry cans of fuel on the rear beside my spare tire. For weapons, Winchester Model 1894 lever action rifle and Winchester Model 70 "Springfield", both chambered for the 30-06 round; powerful, plentiful, and capable. For backup firepower, I'd run a Winchester Model 1984 lever action rifle and a 1915 Colt Single Action Army model .45 (aka, Colt Bisley) both chambered for the .44 Magnum round. The reasoning behind this - I have a long range and mid range rifle both using the same ammo, and then a short range rifle and revolver using the same ammo, both using rounds that are incredibly common insofar as I can tell.

As for a melee weapon... hm... probably the Becker Tac-Tool - part machete, part Kukri, part tactical tool.

*shrugs*

11. Enmos Valued Senior Member

Anything that uses ammunition will become useless pretty quickly as your ammo will run out. I think baseball bats and swords are the way to go.

12. scheherazade Northern Horse Whisperer Valued Senior Member

Unless, of course, one has a weapon that can utilize almost anything as ammo.

From the annuls of Christendom, I give you the ultimate lightweight survival weapon. The sling.
    This weapon can be constructed from an endless variety of mediums and legend states that David used it to slay Goliath. The throwing power can be magnified several-fold by the use of a throwing stick with a sling. The only drawback is that it takes considerable practice to attain 'kill' accuracy.

Perhaps a 'wrist-rocket' slingshot for starters or how about a slingshot crossbow?

13. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Aaand another bites the dust!

As for ammo being a problem - that's why I chose those two rounds - plentiful, lightweight, and capable

Go to virtually any Walmart or Kmart or other such store and you can find em

14. Neverfly Banned Banned

15. scheherazade Northern Horse Whisperer Valued Senior Member

On the bright side, no one can accuse you of being visually offensive because it is their personal choice of whether or not to click on a link.

For myself, I am only an average typist and heard long ago that 'a picture is worth a thousand words.'

16. Neverfly Banned Banned

So many pics had been posted in the thread that were cooler- I didn't want to detract from them.
    My excuse that I was only doing it because I'm a "jerk" was clearly hogwash.

It's because I'm a wretch.

This is a common misconception. The average picture is worth 27 words. Some pictures are worth nil. Squat. Usually, these pictures feature cats in awkward poses.
    Some are, of course, worth more. A picture of the president in bed with the secretary of state would be worth about 687 words. A seven legged Spider picture is worth exactly 2,598 words and a past due electric bill.
    A picture of a blob in a dark sky with the caption: "Alien Visitation Proven" is worth no words at all and the viewer actually owes a debt to society for having seen it.

17. Enmos Valued Senior Member

Yeah well, good luck throwing stones at a horde of zombies

I'm willing to bet that those ammo supplies will be gone in no time. You'll probably not be the only one going for them.

Still, obviously, it couldn't hurt possessing a sidearm or two + as much ammo as you can get your hands on. But, given the choice between a sword and a gun, I think I'd pick the sword. It's usefulness will just last longer.
    Also, it would be nice to keep a handgun with just one or two bullets with you. You know, for when that time comes when you rather put a bullet through your own brain..

18. Neverfly Banned Banned

Something about swords here:
    They can dull. Granted, soggy bones may not resist as much as living and healthy bones... Your blade will still dull.

In addition to this, a certain bit of practice is needed to wield a sword. I'm not suggesting that just anyone can up and pop some caps in yo zombies azzes, but an untrained person with a sword is liable to lose an ear. Or create a significant flesh wound (a.k.a 10 inch long 3 inch deep) gash in their thigh. A sword requires more training than a firearm does.

19. Enmos Valued Senior Member

Swords may dull, but a dull sword is still a lot better than a gun without bullets.

I imagine, in order to kill zombies, you won't need that much training if it all. Just make sure you only swing it horizontally (which is all that's needed to lob off heads

)

20. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Swords can dull indeed... and honestly, a sword is a terrible weapon for zombie defense. if you are in the kind of close-range combat where you would be using a melee weapon, chances are you are in crowded, smaller spaces where swinging a full size blade just wouldn't be practical (or sometimes even possible). Plus, a short(er) sword actually has a rather difficult time separating the head from the body with a single stroke, and risks getting lodged when using multiple hacking strokes.

No, if you want a bladed weapon you want something decently heavy with a good edge, able to cleft and carve without needing extensive training or a large swing radius... which makes something like a Gladius or a Kurki ideal. They are heavier for their length than a short sword, imparting more force behind the swing, shorter and easier to wield than a Katana or longsword, and lighter and more nimble than a Claymore or Broadsword.

Actually, something like an ice-pick/hammer combo would work great too... just smash the skull in and crush the brain, job done

21. Enmos Valued Senior Member

True. Something you can swing at them at any rate

22. R1D2 many leagues under the sea. Valued Senior Member

23. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

I'd like to use one of those on these spammers... one moment, need to log into my moderator control panel...

Aaaaand done... good GRIEF what is wrong with our anti-spam measures...