the imminent attack theory

Discussion in 'SciFi & Fantasy' started by R1D2, Oct 12, 2012.

1. Neverfly Banned Banned

You're complaining? You get to do what this thread title is all about- Eliminate Zombies.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. R1D2 many leagues under the sea. Valued Senior Member

You don't have enough anti- spamming measures.
    That what's wrong imo.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Neverfly Banned Banned

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

And cleaned up again... this is getting insane...

8. scheherazade Northern Horse Whisperer Valued Senior Member

With all respect to R1D2, I rather expect that the thread title and content may be some of the attraction for spammers. You will just have to imagine my wicked grin because I have used my 'allotment' of images on the post following, lol....

By the way, a belated thank you to the moderators for increasing the allowed image/smiley content to six. Do moderators also have a limit? Just curious.

9. Neverfly Banned Banned

Did you also enjoy the sweet irony of my post that linked to the complaint thread about old timer member posts going in the queue for moderation going into the queue for moderation?

Jeez, did that sentence make sense? I think it did.

10. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

I know what your sentence was supposed to say... I think it made sense anyway... that or my tired brain imploded... either or XD

11. R1D2 many leagues under the sea. Valued Senior Member

A good 2x4 would work. Or a whip, like the one in Indiana Jones. A baseball bat wrapped with barb wire.
    If all else fails and you are prepared you could go to a underground "bomb like" shelter an wait the whole thing out.
    But if you could use a military type weapon. What would you like to utilize?
    And yes Miss S makes a good point if a Zombie out break did happen....
    Most things would cease to be "produced" for a while. But things would be found like ammo. And vehicles, gas, Machetes, and other weapons that would be able to be used. And it would be similar to a easter egg hunt. With bonuses.
    If I could use a military weapon against Zombies. And I found one it would be a S.A.W. Or a mark 19. Those would be my first choices.

12. R1D2 many leagues under the sea. Valued Senior Member

:idea: Another decent weapon to try I think IMO. Would have to be the molotov cocktails. :xctd:

I wonder .... If a zombie "eats" a "hippie" with a slight problem. :m: Kinda like Willy Nelson. Do they get a buzz like we would eating a :m: brownie? :scratchin: what do you think?

13. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Probably not... after all, zombies don't have any sort of metabolism so... no real way for the THC to affect them.

14. R1D2 many leagues under the sea. Valued Senior Member

Well Kittamaru, if your right then that would kinda suck. I was hoping to see a "dazed and confused" zombie.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

And it would have been funny to see a zombie with a "fetish".

15. Enmos Valued Senior Member

How do zombies move if they don't have a metabolism??

16. R1D2 many leagues under the sea. Valued Senior Member

Really good question Enmos. I don't know that answer. Anyone else wanna try?

17. Neverfly Banned Banned

Sure- they do have a metabolism. It's a fast metabolism.

Sorry Kittamaru, it was you or the zombie...

That is why they get hungry for brains even after having eaten some.

18. scheherazade Northern Horse Whisperer Valued Senior Member

Thread-killer, lol.

That is the fatal flaw of applying reality to fiction.

According to the lore, zombies eat because it is the only instinct left to them and the means by which they proliferate given that they are in a state of constant decay and eventually cease to be able to 'hold it all together'.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/18.299285-What-do-Zombies-Eat-Exactly

19. Neverfly Banned Banned

Usually...

20. scheherazade Northern Horse Whisperer Valued Senior Member

This is what happens when zombies recruit vegetarians...

21. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Heh, nice. Though I guess it depends on the type of zombie you are talking about - for example, T-Virus, Half Life, or other

22. Enmos Valued Senior Member

"THC is the main active ingredient in marijuana because it affects the brain by binding to and activating specific receptors, known as cannabinoid receptors. "These receptors control memory, thought, concentration, time and depth, and coordinated movement."
    http://serendip.brynmawr.edu/exchange/node/1808

Those are precisely the brain functions that seem missing or are at least heavily damaged in zombies. This could be a reason THC would have no effect on zombies.
    Edit: Assuming they do have a metabolism.

23. scheherazade Northern Horse Whisperer Valued Senior Member

Wait a minute.....aren't these precisely some of the identifying characteristics OF a zombie?

You've got to check this out, lol.... The Book of Zombie trailer. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKCA55Puulg&feature=related