The koide formula

Discussion in 'Physics & Math' started by Beaconator, Aug 10, 2021.

1. Beaconator Valued Senior Member

A long time ago I found the koide formula worked for quarks. Now there are three references toward the fact. I dropped the ball because I believe in more.

the just of the formula should work for the standard model. Without the antimatter particles m/square root of m +…

should equal -1/3. Check

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. mathman Valued Senior Member

koida????????????????????????

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

Reference: Koide formula - Wikipedia

Ignoring Beaconator's unevidenced claim that he discovered this formula independently long ago, and his other nonsense, this is moderately interesting.

It's a pity that Beaconator is unequipped to have a useful discussion about it.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Beaconator Valued Senior Member

I didn’t discover the formula. I just did simple math that showed the second set of quarks had the same value for Q back when the site said it was an unsolved equation.

I’m not completely retarded you know. Just untrained. Or self trained.

there should be a way for the equation to map out the standard model and equate to the Higgs. I would have checked back then but we didn’t know the mass of the Higgs.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2021
  8. mathman Valued Senior Member

Arithmetic coincidences do come up in math and physics. The fine structure constant 1/137.035999084 was once derived by a prominent physicist of the day to be exactly 1/137, using some esoteric logic.

9. Beaconator Valued Senior Member

I would bet money there is one reference that matches the elements on the periodic table.

10. Beaconator Valued Senior Member

Hydrogen+boron+ and neon/( square root hydrogen + square root of boron+ square root of neon) ^2= iron Q

this is just a guess. Someone else can confirm the math