The least original religion on earth is...

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by Magical Realist, May 8, 2013.

1. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

..Christianity. All of it's rituals were copied from earlier pagan and jewish predecessors. Baptism. The Mass. Christmas. Easter. The Old Testament. Even the holiness of Sun Day. All of these came from other religions. Even the apocalyptic message of Jesus as well as his teachings of peace and self-denial were an emulation of the cult of the Essenes which existed before he was even born. How can anyone believe in a religion that is such an obvious generic ripoff of other traditions?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. andy1033 Truth Seeker Valued Senior Member

There is only really one religion per say. Catholicism means universal. Judism is stolen from loads of different groups too. Both are what you call eclectic.

I personally believe there is only one religion, all groups where practicing satanism, but jesus christ came to save humans. I do think there is some entity that humans have always worshiped, and that is what we call satan or the devil or what ever terms you use.

Evil or what causes humans to do this, i believe is a force or energy our brains tap into. This can be turned off by using heavy use of microwaves, and those brain receptors are turned off. Govs know this, and use it in ways to control.

So when people talk of garden of eden, they mean when that first light went on in human minds, i.e what ever brain receptors tap into that energy. So there was a point in human history when evil started. Remember humans are the only ones we know of on earth committing evil, or knowingly doing wrong.

I believe all religions are forms of satanism, but jesus came to save humans.

Just remember without satanism there would be no society or churches or schools or gov, god wanted us to just be. Thats the story of the garden of eden, without that energy we tap into, our minds may of just been like animals, just living to exist.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Hapsburg Hellenistic polytheist Valued Senior Member

There's no "original" religion present today; they all take influences from the ones around them, from the ones that preceded them. Even ones with a living tradition like Hinduism or Chinese ethnic religion, are technically descended from earlier tribal and ethnic religions, and have influences from other religions.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Fraggle Rocker Staff Member

Jung says that the primary components of all religions are simply archetypes, motifs hard-wired into our synapses by evolution--although he didn't state it that way since he died before genetics became a mature science. He traced them back through history and prehistory and found the same images and stories popping up again and again. The images and stories are redrawn and retold in contemporary surroundings, but they are never new.

This makes them instincts and explains why they are so powerful. "Knowledge" we feel that we were born with is much more powerful than any knowledge we can acquire subsequently from experience, observation, reasoning and learning.

Many instincts are obviously survival traits so it's easy to see why they were passed down to us. Any animal that lacks the instinct to run away from a large animal with both eyes in front of its face (a predator) will not live long enough to reproduce and pass on his DNA.

The instincts that comprise religion are not so easy to understand since they seem to have no purpose at all. It could be that they helped our ancestors avoid some really strange dangers in the Stone Age that we can't imagine. Or they could simply have been random mutations that had the luck to be passed down through a genetic bottleneck. Our species has undergone at least one of those.

8. andy1033 Truth Seeker Valued Senior Member

Put it this way you could make any group of people secular by microwaving them. It turns of there brain receptors, science cheats.

cough cough
    how dems took with obama one 2 elections

You now see why obama was giving away free mobiles.

9. KitemanSA Registered Senior Member

Don't tell me, let me guess; you got microwaved?

Cthulhudream likes this.
  10. Jan Ardena OM!!! Valued Senior Member

The original religion is the one that worships God, following in the same footsteps of pure devotees, past and present

jan.

11. andy1033 Truth Seeker Valued Senior Member

You all do don't you. But i found out about that stuff in 1992, and i wrote elsewhere about it.

I reckon whom ever came here after ww2 and our govs talked to them(aliens), they told us that all our religions are basically satanism. I doubt any religion existed before that point, i mean any believe in god.

Human beings just existed before then probably(i mean before we opened upto a certain type of energy), and no they probably did not worship anything. So satanism is probably the first religion, and all religions are based on it. Human being like seeing patterns, and those first people established patterns to some sort of behavior they did. Like how did animal sacrifice come about. Like when we go into christian church and take the symbolic bread, that is supposed to be christs body, and then drink his blood. All based on satanism.

Whom ever the first priests where, would of used pattern recognition to establish some sort of way of understand there actions, to outside world.

Human beings sometime in our past saw that animal sacrifice brought about some sort of impact on there senses, and drinking there blood too. They came to a conclusion based on the patterns they experienced that animal sacrifice was good, and to get those effects they must always do it. Think they call it pattern recognition. They saw a cause and effect.

These primitive people saw a cause and effect in what they did, thats what started animal sacrifice. Most people maybe do not have the sensitivity of some, and thats why some became priests and sooth sayers.

Every week in church you symbolically do sacrifice, and eat the body of christ and then drink his blood.

All religions are based on what we call satanism.

12. Captain Kremmen All aboard, me Hearties! Valued Senior Member

Least Original.
    Sun worship.

13. Captain Kremmen All aboard, me Hearties! Valued Senior Member

That's the equivalent of saying that you can't like any Oasis songs because they ripped off the Beatles.
    Whereas, some Oasis songs are better than mediocre Beatles songs.

14. andy1033 Truth Seeker Valued Senior Member

All comes down to humans and pattern recognition. Some people will be more intune with the sun than others, and these would of been the first priests.

The sun is the most important thing in our lifes, so why not worship the sun?

Sun worship stayed with humans all this time, as its the most important thing to life on earth. Pagan worship, or satanism or what ever you call it, it all led to where we are today.

15. Captain Kremmen All aboard, me Hearties! Valued Senior Member

I agree. Perhaps it would be better described as the original object of worship.

First. people worshipped the Sun itself.
    It gives warmth, light, and is a thing of literally dazzling beauty.
    All life springs from it.

Then the Sun became the prime symbol for a more intellectual idea of God.

16. andy1033 Truth Seeker Valued Senior Member

Yep i agree, it goes alot further. But the basic version is what they give the masses.

17. Captain Kremmen All aboard, me Hearties! Valued Senior Member

The birds' dawn chorus, as the sun rises,
    that does seem to the imaginative as a kind of prayer.
    But perhaps it is the re-asserting of territory,
    or some other scientific thing.

What would you say that the oldest version of the Devil was?
    Did man have such a conception before there was organised religion?

18. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

Unless you're saying Oasis copied the exact same songs the Beatles wrote and released them as their own, then no it isn't the same at all.

19. Captain Kremmen All aboard, me Hearties! Valued Senior Member

No, they didn't do that.
    Just used some of the same techniques.
    Fair enough, you may be right.

Judaism is not completely original either.
    They ripped off the Egyptian religion.
    Incense, ritual, priests etc. That was all Egyptian originally.

Last edited: May 10, 2013
  20. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

Egypt was original in lots of ways. Architecture. Agriculture. Government. Religion. We owe alot to them for much of these things. Babylonians too. The Hebrew God the Elohim were derived from the Sumerian pantheon. So your point is taken: very little is original in the sense of being the first instance.

21. wellwisher Banned Banned

A few original things added via Christianity was God becomes man, and then God-man allows human men to torture and kill him, even though he could resist with legions of angels and kick some butt (temptation in the desert). He becomes man so he can better empathize with their pain and suffering all the way to allowing himself to be killed.

If you ever saw the TV series, Undercover Boss, the CEO becomes a low level grunt to learn from his employees. The show often has the CEO moved by his employees; whomever has done this to the least of these, he has done for me.

Before then, gods were morally neutral. When Christ dies god becomes polarized into good and evil, and evil detaches. The evil becomes specialized into another character called the Devil. Satan was good and evil, like the tree of knowledge of good and evil. When Satan changes to the devil, his good side differentiates and the devil become evil. This is new.

The godhead becomes a trinity of father, son and holy spirit. Previously polytheism converges toward monotheism, but Christianity has monotheism diverging into the trinity, which was also new.

It build upon the old and added the new; preach to all the nations.

22. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

So what? Quit crying about it.

23. Bowser Namaste Valued Senior Member

I like Christmas, and Easter is fun for the kids. It seems that some of those Christian holidays have morphed into something else and taken on a life of their own.