The man who toppled the Tunisian government

Discussion in 'World Events' started by S.A.M., Jan 15, 2011.

1. Shadow1 Valued Senior Member

effcorse

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Billy T Use Sugar Cane Alcohol car Fuel Valued Senior Member

Yes, I think that likely, but if so the really big loser is the US and the billions it has poured into support for a 30 year long dictatorship (all in the name of bringing democracy to the mid East, of course

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

) As I recall, EGYPT is second only to Israel in receiving US financial aid.

"... Some democracy advocates in the region say Obama has recognized the movement too little, too late. Mohamed ElBaradei,* an Egyptian opposition figure and former United Nations official and Nobel laureate who returned to Cairo Jan. 27 to join the protests, accused the U.S. of “pushing Egypt and pushing the whole Arab world into radicalization with this inept policy of supporting repression.”

In a Jan. 26 critique posted on The Daily Beast website, ElBaradei said he was “flabbergasted” by Secretary of State Hillary Clinton’s comments the previous day that Mubarak’s government was stable and should try to respond to the people’s needs. “If you would like to know why the United States does not have credibility in the Middle East, that is precisely the answer,” he wrote.

The Obama administration’s calls for reform in Egypt now are hopelessly behind the curve and may be interpreted in the region as “implicit American endorsement” of the regime, said Steven Cook, fellow for Middle Eastern Studies at the Council on Foreign Relations in Washington. The U.S. has been scrambling to play catch up with fast- changing events, said Robert Danin, a former official with the so-called Quartet for Middle East Peace, which includes the U.S., the European Union, the UN and Russia. ..."

From: http://noir.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601087&sid=acGZEryujZzQ&pos=8

* Question: What do China, Egypt & Burma have in common? Answer, Two things:

(1) They throw Nobel peace prize winners in Jail. and (2) US does next to nothing to stem their general human rights abuses.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2011
  4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Shadow1 Valued Senior Member

do you know what's happening? after tunisia, and after calm is brought back, egypte waked up, they were so fed up, as many other countries, were protesting too;, but egypte boomed before them, anyway, mubarak is now concidered out, they wan't have a civil war or something, do you know why? because not like you think, muslims and christians are ennemies, there are millions of christians their, but before christians, they are muslims, if you think that that may cause relegion wars or something, also, they formed civil groups also to help military to keep security, just like tunisia, they copied us, anyway, as you see, it's not an independent revolution their, well, it is, but, what i mean, that, it's not isolated, the arab countries are now like a one country, the revolution starts somewhere, and continue to become bigger and bigger, started and growed in tunisia, then passed to egypte, and when egypte get back calm and etc... other arab countries will rise, they will say,they both did it, we can do it too! and so on, a domino effect, and i think egyptians are aware, but, the situation in egypte, is more hard, because, i mean, usa will try to stop that, or get back controll on egypte (effcorse to help it's master, israeil) because if egypte goverment fall, all the arab world will start to wake up, it's like a security dam, but since it is, a civil movement, it wan't be easy to manupulate it, france here tryed to keep this goverment, in tunisia, many times, but it couldnt, and i think it still more events to come, if egypte success, know it's over, the arab world is free, they will start country by country.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Shadow1 Valued Senior Member

time will reveal us more

8. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

I still will say what I said before, he will just take the same path that the old regime was going to do at the end of their control.

9. Shadow1 Valued Senior Member

that's what we're worried about
    but defferently not like the old one, but the same form

10. keith1 Guest

سوف ا والرياض تكون مقبرة الفيل...

And Riyadh will be the elephant graveyard...

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2011
  11. Shadow1 Valued Senior Member

Riyadh?

12. Shadow1 Valued Senior Member

oh, and cosmic traveller, no it's impossible that the newgoverment do the same like the old one, because then, people will do the same revolution agauin, because we're not affraid anymore, also, since there's the freedom of speech and media and etc... it will be impossible, but, idk, maybe some, manupulations, but never go back as we were.

13. keith1 Guest

الرياض

14. Shadow1 Valued Senior Member

ah, so you're arabic, i thought you meant something else with riyadh.
    من أين أنت ؟

15. keith1 Guest

I'm not Arabic. I'm a United Statesian trying to communicate.

16. Shadow1 Valued Senior Member

ah ok

17. keith1 Guest

ه موافق