The man who toppled the Tunisian government

Discussion in 'World Events' started by S.A.M., Jan 15, 2011.

1. Shadow1 Valued Senior Member

yeah thanks

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

well, i don't think so, but, maybe some riots, but, i don't think it will be very serious, but, who knows, maybe something would happen, but mostly wan't.
    and it's getting tidy and clean, it's getting better everyday, the first two days there was shooting, in the air by the military, and some cars chacing, and also many small mafias members, or what they are called milichya, wich emans rented rioters, are cought mostly by military, and some by people, anyway, people are in the neighborhoods, mostly to scare those rioters and don't go their, well, if there was any suspected thing, they will tell that to the military forces in the city, who are on the roads, not the streets.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Pinwheel Banned Banned

Not even wild boars?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Captain Kremmen All aboard, me Hearties! Valued Senior Member

Shut up Pinwheel.
    Dolt!

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Pinwheel Banned Banned

He was probably advising him to leave the country pretty damn quickly!

Really?? I thought they were normal people pissed off.

8. Shadow1 Valued Senior Member

it was when ben ali was in jeddah :/

9. Shadow1 Valued Senior Member

that's what they wanted us and you to think, anyway, didnt you watch that video about the shock effect? watch it, it's their in the page 7

10. Pinwheel Banned Banned

In that case he was probably advising him to leave the country pretty damn quickly!

11. Captain Kremmen All aboard, me Hearties! Valued Senior Member

I watched it.
    I skipped over a lot of the stuff at the beginning.
    All the bloody victims and stirring music got a bit repetitive.

The video as a whole was along the lines of standard conspiracy theory.

But that's not to say that it didn't have truth in it.
    Conspiracy theories rarely do.
    They just have a wacky interpretation of things.

Problems are caused by people showing selfish human behaviour.
    Supporting people who will benefit themselves.
    There is no need for external control by a "World Elite"

Governments do take advantage of disasters and wars to justify extraordinary powers and legislation.
    But they don't generally start the wars deliberately.
    The email which a British Government Department Head sent to her staff after 9/11 sums it up.
    "This is a good day to bury bad news", she said.
    Cynical, but not a conspiracy.

The exception to this is the US with its massive standing army and spending on arms. They must always have someone to fight, so if they don't have an enemy they will invent one.

Their Governors and Presidents need huge injections of cash to fund election, and this is donated by interested parties that benefit from war, energy wastage, reconstruction, and weapon making. The News channels, many of them owned by the same parties, spread disinformation, and make it hard for people to have a balanced view.

It makes me laugh to hear some Americans talking about Obama being a liberal. The only liberal thing he has done is give you a very low level of social insurance, something no other large country in the world would do without.

He is yet more of the same. How could he not be?

Guantanamo Bay.
    Innocent people are still incarcerated, despite pledges.

Iraq and Pakistan.
    The number of drone aircraft, which turn war into some devilish video game, have increased.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2011
  12. Shadow1 Valued Senior Member

the part that i wanted to concentrate on, is the shock effect, what ben ali don, from rioting, to shooting people, and etc... is to scare people, and put them into that shock effect, and then he comes as a hero, or, the saver, but so that work, the people mustnt know what's going on around them, but if they do know the facts and etc... that shock effect, will not work, and tha's whta happened here, it didnt work.
    the video is not exactly about a consipiracy, but, there's actually one

13. Shadow1 Valued Senior Member

wich it will not succed also, like what happened in romania, they finished the revolution, but some members of the old goverment, were a part of that new one, that's what the RCD tries to do in all ways here, to keep some hands in it, but glady, the RCD is being buldozed, and all it's members, are quiting the new goverment, one by one, and people are protesting everyday, to fall that RCD and all it's members, and leave them away, we want a new goverment, with no relations to the old one

14. Shadow1 Valued Senior Member

as you said, if the party is the same, nothing would change, you can changed the colour, the person, but nothing would change, like in u.s. for example, as you said

15. Shadow1 Valued Senior Member

and what you said about that army and etc... i don't think we have that case here, our army is most times sleeping and training in their bases

16. Giambattista sssssssssssssssssssssssss sssss Valued Senior Member

Ahem. And where did you come up with that standard repetition?

A good conspiracy theory usually arises in order to make sense of discrepancies, discarded and buried facts, cover-ups, events and circumstances that are too coincidental for some to believe, and ulterior/hidden motives ie qui bono.

Despite what you say, conspiracy theories (well formulated ones) are very often fact based, sometimes taking into account more facts than official theories do. It's only the interpretations that make them unacceptable, not necessarily wacky.

"Conspiracy" "conspiracy theory/theorists" are generally used as catchall epithets, derogatory ad hominem labels to discredit someone from the get go. Certain people, thanks in no small part to government, media, and self-appointed protectors of consensus wisdom, have ensured that once something has had the conspiracy label attached, that it induces snickering, derision, and what I call "self-congratulatory back patting", a stroking of egos, as one reassures themselves that THEY are not kooky conspiracy theorists, NO, they are on the RIGHT side of accepted history.

17. Shadow1 Valued Senior Member

bytheway, it seems that tunisia have alot of money, and not poor, or between, but ben ali and he's wife,stole all that money, just in he's presidential palace, the things that they own, value 12 billion euros, can you imagine that? besides the money that is in european banks, but europeans banks will freaze all that money to give it back to the country states and trasurery, when the new goverment is ready after 6 monthes and elected , and etc, you know what does that mean? that means, hmm, very great potetials, and also, economic booming
    that 12 billion euros alone, IS a big deal! 12 000 000 000 euros

18. Shadow1 Valued Senior Member

19. Pinwheel Banned Banned

So have all the tourists left now? Apparenlty several planes of UK tourists were shifted back to England.

20. Shadow1 Valued Senior Member

21. Captain Kremmen All aboard, me Hearties! Valued Senior Member

Are they the English tourists?

22. Pinwheel Banned Banned

Of course not you dolt.

23. Captain Kremmen All aboard, me Hearties! Valued Senior Member