The Meaning of Life

Discussion in 'General Philosophy' started by Leviticus, Mar 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. P. M. Thorne Registered Senior Member

I WILL GO WITH THIS ONE!

moementum7 WRITES:

report | reply
    “ Originally Posted by chunkylover58
    Life is too important to take seriously. ”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Life is too important not to take seriously. Yeah!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Leviticus Banned Banned

i believe someone has said that already
    but if thats what you beive, fine
    i just want to fuckin die at the moment

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. P. M. Thorne Registered Senior Member

Oh hang on there Leviticus. Sometimes I just like to examine another point of view. As for someone having said it, that is the whole point of a quote, right? Someone quoted Chunkylover's life is too important to take seriously, so I quoted the guy who said life is too important not to take seriously. Are we okay, or what? Cheer ye up, and all that. pmt

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. water the sea Registered Senior Member

Leviticus,

"There are no shortcuts in the search for equlibrium of the soul."

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

8. Leviticus Banned Banned

yes, true.

pmt, i was not complaining i was just pointing out that that is one of the more popular theories. thats all. sorry if i offended you.

9. P. M. Thorne Registered Senior Member

I say, LEVITICUS, my friend, I was not offended, but when you say you want to die, it gets my attention! Then, I thought, wow, maybe I should have not said anything.

Anyway, I get you now, -I think- .........I must leave something worthwhile;therefore, as I love words so much, I leave this little gem to add to the meaning we place in life, (because words have much to do with who we are): "words are the footsteps and prints of reason." Francis Bacon Ain't that sweet? ------pmt

10. Leviticus Banned Banned

what does it mean though?

methinks nothing of significance (soory if THIS refutation of your beliefs offends you)

MODS:
    please lock this thread soon, its not really providing me with any answers...

11. P. M. Thorne Registered Senior Member

Nor will it, Leviticus. The answers lie within. I was kind of joshing with my quote from Bacon, but it is a nice statement, though not too thought-provoking.

You youngsters that look to man for answers concern me. Man has more questions than answers, more problems than solutions, more prejudices than true human connections. Man is good to know, good to love, because we are all in this together, but the answers, my friend, are individual matters. I am seventy years old. Take my word for it, and I wish you the very best. I recommend Will Durant's Story of Philosophy. I learned so much about mankind from his comments on Schopenhauer in the nineteenth century. It just came to me like a flood of events, of which I had read previously, but Durant gave me a feeling for the century, for that oh-so-negative philosopher, and opened the door to Spinoza and his life and writings. You must find whatever works for you. Seek not happiness, but knowledge, and happiness can then ensue. Cheers. pmt

12. Xev Registered Senior Member

" its not really providing me with any answers... "

And is incredibly inane.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.