The most absurd moderation in Sci history

Discussion in 'SF Open Government' started by Norsefire, Aug 5, 2010.

1. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Who is anybody here James? You banned Norsefire and we are discussing him here and he did not say it.

So you banned him for what you thought he implied? Read Stryders post carefully, James, not all of us read minds here.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

I banned him for what he wrote, SAM. :facepalm:

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Which would not be hate speech if it was said about WASPs. It would be trolling. You have a real problem with objectivity when it comes to anything about Jews.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

I answered this question in full earlier. Nothing new to add, SAM?

How ironic. You actually made me shake my head and chuckle in semi-disbelief.

This is you saying that, SAM. You - the person so obsessed about Jews that every second post of yours mentions them in one way or another - usually to say what evil people they all are. You - the person so obsessed that you'll carry on a two-day "debate" about somebody else's ban for antisemitism.

And you think I'm the one with the "objectivity" problem.

Why not just face up to the fact that you hate that stereotyped conglomerate you call "The Jews". Admit it. The next step is to face the fact that it's irrational prejudice. Know thyself, SAM.

8. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Let me know when you can actually find a post which does not report a fact, but states an irrational opinion James. Seeing how you paraphrased Norse's post, that should be a real challenge

In fact, make that a requisite for judging hate speech, ie it does not report a fact which can be confirmed, but states an irrational opinion

9. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

You know, that's exactly what we do now. You're catching on.

10. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Nope, read the post for which you red carded me. Every sentence in there is a fact which can be independently confirmed.

Try reading it without seeing the word Holocaust flashing on your brain

The way I see this going, people can say anything about Muslims or Christians and its just "trolling" which may or may not warrant a yellow card but definitely will not accrue infraction points. Say anything about Jews and James will jump in with red cards, collect enough infractions from them to justify long bans or perma bans. Superstring sees the US in posts where I don't mention them, you see the holocaust in posts where no one mentions it. Between the two of you, it would be easy to accrue 4 infractions.

I think infraction points should be visible to all, so everyone can see how the system works.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2010
  11. birch Valued Senior Member

lol, besides this, are you really an arab?

you've made pro-hitler posts before or even threads, but you are an arab? lmao

12. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

no one has accused him of being consistent and few have accused him of intelligence.

13. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

It was weasely language about Jews, Sam. The insinuation was clear.

14. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Which part was weasly? What was the insinuation? I find it very absurd that red cards and bans are being issued on implications and insinuations by those who interpret posts rather than actually read them.

15. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

That Jews like spitting on 'idols'.

16. Gustav Banned Banned

i dont understand. while we theoretically have the right to opine about anything in a free society. there are restrictions on what and where you get to exercise this right. in sci the tos defines what is acceptable or not. it is also obvious there are many gray areas and biases in interpretation but that is something we can hash out in sfog. incompetent moderation can also be a problem but that too can be challenged and arbitrated to a hopefully. amicable and mutually satifactory resolution.

in this particular venue, yes.
    in principle, perhaps conditionally tho i lean towards no (bit confused)

i support the right of norse to make those statements. he can stand ouside my house with swastikas and a megaphone. shit, i'd bring out the deck chairs, some beer and enjoy the show. he can orate his shit down at the local park for all i care. however as parmalee pointed out....

...sci is the cyber equivalent of a semi private living room and this is why he can be thrown out for violating sci's code of conduct that had been instituted by porfiry and refined over the years. bigots will never find this a hospitable place and if anyone wants to be or remain a member, they better shape up or ship out

sci is not obliged to have responsibilities but has taken it upon herself to have some. this is a fairly well browsed site on the internet for those partial to an intellectual spin on shit and when one is in a position to influence the larger dialog, it is far better to present the sort of rhetoric that lends itself towards the advancement of society rather than its goddamn retardation. all opinions are not given equal weight here in the name of free speech. sci is proudly partisan and quite unapologetic about it too.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

decent readership, ja?

i can imagine some budding nazi skinhead eagerly following norse thru sci and taking all those ludicrous statements to heart. why the fuck would we plot our own downfall either as forum or as a civ? it does not make sense. are we $tormfronts lackeys?

you are simply being myopic. try looking at the larger picture. make inferences and extrapolate from these opinions into their logical and probable conclusions

oh i like to congratulate all sciforumers that enabled norse and his 11,000 posts by giving him a goddamn audience. are you guys really that starved for attention?

morons like that are a clear and present danger and sci has no obligation to provide a platform for his rhetoric. if he is indeed syrian......

Syria has been under Emergency Law since 1962, effectively suspending most constitutional protections for citizens, and its system of government is considered non-democratic.

The country has been governed by the Baath Party since 1963, although actual power is concentrated to the presidency and a narrow grouping of military and political strongmen. Syria's current president is Bashar al-Assad, who won a referendum on extending his presidency for second term, garnering 97.62 percent of votes in 2007 and is the son of Hafez al-Assad, who held office from 1970 until his death in 2000

.../snort

no wonder the tard heils his ass thru sci

now
    the manner of his ousting may have been a bit confusing in the sense that bells could have let james handle it since he was first on the scene. still tho, she is well within her prerogative. it was unfortunate to see the discordance b/w both their approaches but neither was wrong. as james more or less indicated, norse's intransigence over the years probably qualifies him for a permaban. sci owes him nothing

17. Gustav Banned Banned

/chuckle

while james is infamous for putting his foot in his mouth where your pronouncements are concerned, it does not have to follow he is doing the same with the nazi, norse

18. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

But this is not the only instance of the subpoena ban and the ends do not justify the means. If there is a problem with his posting history, then address the problem. Address the issues which are directly relevant. Why use a method which is unethical simply to oust him? James himself accepts that one is not obliged to comply with anyone demanding a response, then why use bullying tactics to force one?

As for Norse, he's an adolescent Syrian Texan. Thats a triple whammy

19. Gustav Banned Banned

as for this countdown clock...timezones, accidents, sick grandma, unpaid internet bill........
    do you get the goddamn picture? why do you mods insist on embarrassing my forum like this?

i do understand why sometimes we feel the need to force a response

eyeball phlog.....

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

his assertion,shown to be false 2 fucking years ago is once again paraded as the gospel truth. he refuses to acknowledge the refutation or show it to be in error. what would one do with tards like this? let them parade their shit all over sci? i did not however make this an issue since i find him fairly useful to sci

so ahh
    here an alternative. rather tick tocking some schumks ass, demand the substantiation be contained in a subsequent post...the very next one perhaps

20. hypewaders Save Changes Registered Senior Member