The most powerful man in the world?

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by Norsefire, Jul 16, 2008.

1. Norsefire Salam Shalom Salom Registered Senior Member

In the millions, certainly.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

Because THEY make the RULES and everyone must follow THEIR rules THEY make up as they go. Whenever THEY want to CHANGE the rules THEY do in order to make more money for themselves and make everyone else pay for their profits.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Mickmeister Registered Senior Member

That does not mean others cannot make money from THEIR rules too!

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

I've not seen many poor people making rules up for themselves. They must comply with the rules, laws and regulatuions that the rich and powerful have made up to insure the rich they stay that way.

8. Why? Registered Senior Member

BenTheMan, definitely. His tyrannical reign over the physics/math forum would make Caligula blush.

9. Reiku Banned Banned

Obvious is it not? Bush is the most politically-powerful individual. He is, Satan, in other considerations.

10. draqon Banned Banned

Most powerful man? Bill Gates maybe...he who controls finances has the power

11. Kadark Banned Banned

President Bush and Pope Benedict XVl haven't a scant of power between the two of them. They are simply figureheads who serve as purposeful sponges for their puppet masters, receiving all of the criticism and hatred for decisions and declarations not conceived by them. As draqon said, wealth is the greatest way to measure power in today's world; if money is power, then the most powerful "man" in the world is of the Rothschild Dynasty (the richest family in the history of mankind). The days of individual Kings ruling with absolute power are over. Nowadays, a few key families, fabulously wealthy and disproportionately influential, wield the most power, in close partnership with one another. The most powerful man in the world is likely a man we've never even heard of.

Kadark the Razor

12. draqon Banned Banned

can Jesus be classified to have the most amount of power? I know he died...but after his death the influence of his on people around him are greater than anything any man or woman has achieved.

13. scorpius a realist Valued Senior Member

14. Norsefire Salam Shalom Salom Registered Senior Member

What about the head of the UN?

I know, lol, right?

15. clusteringflux Version 1. OH! Valued Senior Member

As we've read, power can be measured differently. What kind of power are you wondering about, Norsefire?

16. Norsefire Salam Shalom Salom Registered Senior Member

Influence, the power to control a mind. Not necessarily only political power. Personally, I think religious leaders such as the pope or the Ayatollah have more power than the presidents of the corresponding nations (in the pope's case, Italy rather than Vatican)

17. tim840 Registered Senior Member

The leaders of America, Britain, Germany, Russia, Saudi Arabia, China, and Japan are the most powerful/influential people in the world. Maybe Iran and North Korea too.

18. Norsefire Salam Shalom Salom Registered Senior Member

Lol?

Iran way moreso than Japan, in terms of the leaders of each

19. Phidias Registered Member

Superman.

20. Echo3Romeo One man wolfpack Registered Senior Member

Well played good sir.

21. tim840 Registered Senior Member

So is that a serious suggestion or no? If it is, I would say, no one cares about the secretary-general of the UN; plenty of people (including me) think the UN is just plain retarded and worthless.

22. Norsefire Salam Shalom Salom Registered Senior Member

Yes, that's why I said "lol"

Honestly, I think it's either a religious leader, or some guy we havn't heard of

23. nietzschefan Thread Killer Valued Senior Member

He is right, the Canadian PM with at majority government CAN operate as a dictator even. Trudeau did operate as an absolute dictator during FLQ crisis. Cretin's rule was barely distinguishable from Castro's for 12 years. Mulroney was basically a nastier version of Ronald Regan.

Currently Stephen Harper has a MINORITY government, and has done more in 2 years(coming good on campaign promises??? WTF?) than the past 14 years of Liberal Majorty governments(ok Martin was alost 2 years of Minority).

Still the PM of Canada will never hold a candle to guys like Rockefeller, Kissinger, Rothschillies.