The most uncivilized people on earth?

Discussion in 'The Cesspool' started by alexb123, Mar 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chimpkin C'mon, get happy! Registered Senior Member

I'd guess Burma to be slightly better than North Korea,where Kim Jong Il specializes in starving his people to death..Although since both have such tight media restrictions it's hard to say.
    Indonesia, I seem to recall, doesn't oppress the majority population horribly... but some of its' minorities are very persecuted indeed.

Apparently, just because war is over does not mean that raping has stopped...gang-rape's become the national sport there...there have been thousands of cases of traumatic fistula-which is what happens when the bladder, or less commonly, bowel and bladder is perforated during rapes.

http://www.conversationsforabetterw...la-cases-in-the-democratic-republic-of-congo/

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. drumbeat Registered Senior Member

'Intervened with' may be a better phrase than bombed.

But the same with DRCongo, Colombia, Zimbabwe...

(edit: chimpkin seems to have brought up Congo at the same time as me.)

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. chimpkin C'mon, get happy! Registered Senior Member

Ultra, we have a long, sordid history of bedding down with nasty regimes to get our oil and other resources...I don't like it either, but Burma seems to be another in a long line of such.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

If the Burmese ever come here, I'll be sure and go hold a sign or something...

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. birch Valued Senior Member

uh, i suppose it's good you are concerned about burma but my point was that similar links for a lot of countries that outline it's terrible problems or even say it's worst before or currently. i already posted a link with many countries that have grave issues and there are many articles on them.

8. birch Valued Senior Member

uh, i think the west needs to focus on the middle-east where your current real problems lie at the moment.

it's weird that there is a war going on over there and people are still focused on asia. lol

um, don't you want to give those women and children freedom? how about so that they aren't ruled literally by the sexist societies where women and children can be essentially legally murdered basically by their families or where village stonings are normal?? hmm?
    also, there is a lot of poverty there.

9. ULTRA Realistically Surreal Registered Senior Member

The trouble is we're not bedded down with them They're so despotic and so evil that no other countries want to be associated with them. They live in international isolation. You can get 15 years in a hell-hole jail just for owning a fax machine. Modem's aren't allowed either without a licence.

10. ULTRA Realistically Surreal Registered Senior Member

The only people working with them is texaco. They are getting a pipeline built using slave-labour.

11. chimpkin C'mon, get happy! Registered Senior Member

that would be Chevron/Texaco...I'll have to remind my wife of that fact...

I buy Chavez'z gas ATM (Valero), as he seems the least evil of the options..but as he goes downhill, that will likely change

Burma produces 90% of the world's rubies, unless there's an alternate source that's being used... and Japan's timber consortiums are happily in there clearcutting old-growth for particle-board furniture...

12. birch Valued Senior Member

i still don't understand you biased logic. in the middle-east, so-called honor killings due to culture or religion go by with little to no penalties, if that is ever enforced. that's why a father can murder their child or brother murder their sister etc. literally, these places are like traveling in a time machine back two thousand years in their cultural values which are that primitive!!! the judicial system there is also very scary and usually totally corrupt and backwards! africa is a foregone conclusion.

i can understand that burma has a despotic government but to think that they are the only ones with extreme problems or crazy shit going on is ridiculous.

why is it that asian countries are so focused on? it doesn't make one iota of any sense in light of the fact there are just as or in some cases, even more primitive and barbaric cultures!! my friend went to turkey and he witnessed someone fuck a goat right in the open! most of south america is pitiful and in terrible poverty and corruption too.

why is the big pink elephant which is massive amounts of primitive and barbaric cultures and countries by western thought which some are even still warring (and have never stopped even) ignored by the west while east asian or south-east countries particularly hold more interest?

Last edited: Mar 8, 2011
  13. ULTRA Realistically Surreal Registered Senior Member

I was not focusing specifically on Asia. Others did that. I was simply looking for the most despotic, inhumane, cruel and generally uncivillised country I could think of. In this respect Burma takes a hell of a lot of beating. There is also no right of free speach (20 years in jail), no right of assembly, no free media and the election winning opposition who gained 80% of the vote have all been tracked down, tortured and jailed indefinately.

14. birch Valued Senior Member

the stats show they are not the only ones. what you listed goes on in many places such as no free media etc, despotic etc, no free speech, jailed unfairly and brutally. again, it seems you don't realize these things occur regularly in more than just one country.

in the middle-east, civilians randomly and forcibly pulled out some american journalists in their car, burned them alive and hung them while cheering. hell, i don't know if they would do that in burma, perhaps. i know that probably wouldn't happen in china, singapore, malaysia, indonesia, korea, vietnam, phillipines, taiwan, (even north korea most likely) etc. it doesn't make sense the focus on 'uncivilized' with asians.

i just don't understand the more focus on asia or southeast asia by most westerners.

15. ULTRA Realistically Surreal Registered Senior Member

Birch, don't you have anything constructive to say at all or are you gonna keep on sitting there criticising other people whilst adding nothing to the debate, no facts, no figures no nothing. Just trolling away like you always do..

16. birch Valued Senior Member

your statement indicates that i'm right in that there is some peculiar fascination that westerners have with asian cultures or countries over others, probably because it's seen as the most opposite.

i did post facts which i'm sure you saw but again, peculiarly, ignored for the most part. and then you say i'm trolling when i think i've pretty much have been more realistic than most on this thread. that's kind of strange..

i just don't know how to wrap my head around how much shit has been going for ages between israel/pakistan (and how extremely fucked up they are) and all the poverty, corruption, despotic, barbaric practices and corrupt governments in the middle east, south america and even in some parts of europe/eastern europe as well as africa but asian countries are the most popular in the minds of westerners. i mean, they even strap bombs on themselves and blow eachother up almost literally everyday or there is some type of bombing or killing going on over some primitive religious issues usually (the warring part has always been going on and never stopped) and still asian countries are the ones focused on. that's almost hilarious. again, africa is a foregone conclusion. this thread is almost surreal.

word of advice: focus on your own fucking problems for a change at your backdoor which is mexico (they need your help), and the wars in the middle-east you are involved in.

yeah, get a fucking clue.

17. birch Valued Senior Member

18. birch Valued Senior Member

that is NOTHING to be ashamed of! as a matter of fact, in reality people have to start somewhere and at least they are trying to build themselves up as best as they can. if i had the know-how to teach someone else something and they used it to better themselves, i would feel honored and that it was put to good use and it benefited other people. that's what knowledge is for!!!

what's truly shameful is your veiled attitude that countries which are trying to better themselves rather than wallow in backwardness so the likes of you can either ignore them or feel comforted that you can continually patronize them as unimportant is what drives most to demonize certain people more than others. that's truly pathetic, inhumane and downright small-minded.

that is the only reason i can think of that could be. there really is no current cultures at the moment right now except for mostly asian ones that are very industrious or trying to up and come.

as for modern amenities being a veneer, don't make me laugh! i could say that for the majority of even western people in developed countries where the animalistic and natural urges both positive and negative are right or barely controlled under the surface with complex laws and enforcement in place. some of the most brutal and animalistic and oversexed people i've met in the west too! doesn't make a difference if they live with modern conveniences. as a matter of fact, i learned all my uncouth and aggressive behavior in the west and dealing with and observing western people. i learned to use profanity liberally and be an ass by watching western people. how about that? shocking? only if you are blind to what goes on. i couldn't believe also the amount of craziness, disrespect and profanity i witnessed day in and day out at school and the rudeness in general society. don't imply that westerners are more civilized because that is just complete bullshit. asians in general are actually much more civil. there are tons of corrupt, immoral, ignorant and bad people that are native to western culture just as well.

as for piracy or corruption, grow a damn brain cell please! that's a huge problem everywhere, even in america. why the hell do you think peer to peer networks are so popular as well as all the upload/download sites and all the copyrighted content everywhere on the net continually. tons of western people download illegally all the damn time. it's not a matter of just people in other countries doing that. it is also indicative that ways of doing business or commerce will have to eventually change. it does no good to stifle flow of info.

19. WillNever Valued Senior Member

Query: are you of asian descent? Try to be honest, because little else would explain your hostility at this time, regardless of whether I am right or wrong.

Perhaps you are simply a fanatical asiophile?

20. sifreak21 Valued Senior Member

simple the extreme religious

21. Fraggle Rocker Staff Member

* * * * NOTE FROM A MODERATOR * * * *

This thread is now locked. Someone complained that the comments were rude. I'm surprised it lasted this long, considering the topic. We sometimes leave Cesspool threads open. This explains why we don't always do that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.