The Mueller investigation.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Quantum Quack, Feb 17, 2018.

1. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

Ahhh, them terrible lefties!!! Yeah we have trouble with them in Australia too...Thank fuck they are there to stabilise things!!

Don't want to interfere in American politics, but just a few questions Vociferous.
    [1] Do you support the current Americal gun laws...or lack thereof?
    [2] Do you own a gun?s or similar military weapon?
    [3] Do you support a health scheme for all Americans similar to that which we have in Australia?
    [4] Could you be described as a Trump supporting, gun toting, racist American red neck?
    Just out of interest.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. iceaura Valued Senior Member

Obama did not ignore them.

Obama and his allies (mostly Democrats) responded to the warnings of his science and medical advisors (in the wake of the swine flu and avian flu and so forth) by partly restoring the public health response capability of the US - damaged by W - despite the Republican attempts to block his efforts.

That included three or four agencies devoted to readying the US response to a contagious respiratory virus - making sure there were enough masks and gloves and emergency beds, monitoring the most likely global sources such as Chinese markets and industrial centers, that kind of stuff. Common sense public health measures.

Trump then eliminated or defunded those responses - including the agencies that had responsibility for detecting incoming plagues, the people and agencies assigned to monitor China's breeding grounds for viruses, etc. He prevented the restocking of the N95 mask supply, for example, partly by defunding any such endeavors and partly by eliminating the agency responsible for seeing that such preparations were made.

So after three years of Trump the US was unprepared, and is now suffering the consequences of that as well as the incompetent Federal response after the plague was finally detected.
    You never got more facts. You never got any facts in the first place. You specifically refused to acquire facts.

For example: The wingnuts will never read even the redacted Mueller Report (ten separate and documented cases of obstruction of justice, several of which included documentation of other crimes - including treason). It's not just that they won't read, in general - they specifically won't read anything they've been told to ignore by their media feed managers.
    Treason by the US President is not a capital crime. We used to execute its perps by firing squad, but we don't any more.

So the only bloodshed being threatened is by Trump's security forces, the ones he allows to hide their names and faces while they fire tear gas and rubber bullets at people walking in the public street waving signs, and beat people with clubs on the public sidewalks. Like his fellow fascist demagogues in history and around the world, he is relying on paramilitary forces that do not answer to the law for his threats of bloodshed.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. sculptor Valued Senior Member

just curious
    Has anyone here actually read the unredacted mueller report?

Vociferous likes this.
  6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

But this is the sort of thing you either can't explain, or need actual fake news↗ to justify.

As I said, your entire argument banks on system failure.

Think of it this way: Many are aware of a statistical possibility that the redactions are, in the end, justifiable and inconsequential to the reading of the report. That is to say, sure, in all the Universe, anything is possible. And while we also have reasons to doubt that potential, the reason you and I might consider that point in the moment is to remind that your argument pretends to be utterly unaware of the actual potentials in play. As it is, what we can see suggests something extraordinary has happened; Attorney General Barr appears to have behaved outstandingly poorly, which brings us back to the fact of what is happening, this time around. Consider the outcome you actually need in order to justify your pretense and attitude. If the redactions are, in the end, justifiable and inconsequential to the reading of the report, then we must consider why have Barr and the Department of Justice conducted themselves in such an extraordinary manner. But Robert Mueller's response to Barr's handling of the report, as well as Judge Walton's perception of a lack of candor about the Attorney General's public remarks and letter to Congress, are extraordinary circumstances in themselves.

Moreover, given the prospects, your perpetual attitude that there is nothing to see not only attends the unreliability↑ of your assessments, but also your argumentative investment in system failure, which is on display in another thread↗ as well:

It's not that people don't get your argument. It just doesn't really go anywhere. And aside from investing in ignorance and failure, it doesn't really do or mean anything.

8. CptBork Valued Senior Member

Have any Democrat officials been allowed to read it?

9. iceaura Valued Senior Member

Of course not. Trump's pet AG forbade its release, after lying about its contents.
    Why do you ask?

10. Vociferous Valued Senior Member

Probably because an lot of people seem awfully sure of its content, just based on their hopes and one guy's opinion.

11. Vociferous Valued Senior Member

Now you're just lying. I wonder why you feel that necessary.

No, that's your own self-satisfying little straw man. Again, the odds are weighed against the big goose egg of every previous supposedly damning claim. I mean, Schiff has certainly shown no qualms with leaking things to the press, but we have nothing so far. I think you need to tell him he's slacking off. That is, if the potential is anywhere near what you desperately hope for.

The extraordinary occurrence is the repeated misconduct of the FBI, and quite possibly Obama administration, in the partisan, political weaponizing of our federal law enforcement. That calls for rather extraordinary corrective measures, to restore some bipartisan trust.

And they don't seem to be accounting for the FBI misconduct in the investigation...fruit of the poisonous tree. Myopia can do that.

The FBI weaponizing and misconduct show that there has already been a system failure. How you can believe that wholly legal pardons or impeachment results that just didn't go your way are failures is likely beyond any rational observer. The law does not exist to make you happy.

Your argument seems to be the one banking on system failure, as it essentially covers for federal law enforcement misconduct and rulings based on lies and illegally obtained evidence. Quit projecting.

12. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

13. Vociferous Valued Senior Member

Since you can't seem to let it go when you're ignored, without making even more wholly unsubstantiated straw men, I'll placate you a bit.

US and Australian left are not the same things.
    [1] Yes, I support the basic human right to life, which includes the means to protect life. We have had a rash of states with Constitutional Carry laws (carry without a permit) without any rise in gun crimes. So I don't know what you're afraid of, except your own ignorance.
    [2] Yes, I own one I carry, one for home defense, and one that is a collector's investment. And? Just means I won't become a victim statistic. Maybe you should look into taking such responsibility for yourself, instead of relying solely on police, who many don't trust right now.
    [3] No, positive rights (those that say what people must provide for others) always require forcing someone to provide them. I only believe in negative rights (those that only say what people can't do to others), like those defined in the Constitution.
    [4] No, Trump supporting is not synonymous with gun toting, racism, nor being a red neck. I don't even like country music. I believe everyone can succeed on their own merit, including minorities, especially when given Trump's previous historically low minority unemployment. Minorities are no less capable than anyone else, and thus don't need to be coddled like children, regardless of what Democrats may think to the contrary.

Now, no doubt, you'll ignore all this and continue with your previous straw men, completely unfazed. That's what ideological faith requires of you.

14. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

Keep writing off fact as strawman as much as you like..Let me just comment on one of your incredible crazy reasonings.....

Are you really serious? I mean what a crazy fucking approach to items made for one purpose to kill. Now some facts. Most, the far major majority of people/families in Australia have never even held or seen a gun or firearm. Me? just in the cadets at school and an old enfield .303. Same can be said for many other countries...Or is your attitude again, "more opinionated foreigners".
    While certainly we have our crime, shootings also still happen, but no where near as rampant as in your country and the raving mad gung ho attitude with owning weapons. And of course Police in our country are there to do a reasonable job, and even drawing a gun out of its holster is a last resort...You people ever heard of pepper spray? or stun guns?Tazers?

It seems I was 100% spot on with my final summing up question...No wonder America is coming undone!

15. arfa brane call me arf Valued Senior Member

Ah yes, country music and the well-known principle that not listening to it excludes one from redneckery.
    On the other hand:
    That's three guns? So you have a better than average chance of being involved in a shooting? So a better than average chance of being injured, killed, or spending years in an American prison? Better than average for the average world citizen, I mean.

America is possibly the only constitutional democracy that allows its citizens to apply for a gun permit/licence so they can defend themselves from other people with it. It lets American citizens shoot each other. Reminds me of that song by Neil Young, with the line "We got twenty five rifles, just to keep the population down".

But ya know, love it or leave it.

paddoboy likes this.
  16. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

It's actually amazing how these Religious minded creationists, Trump supporting, gun toting, racist American red necks can attempt to justify the lack of gun laws in their country?
    But hey, I'm just another ignorant foreigner!

17. Vociferous Valued Senior Member

Only ignorant leftists think owning a gun makes you a redneck. You know, there are Democrats who own guns. Are they rednecks too? What about the John Brown Gun Club, that's far-left, anti-capitalist, has protested Trump, and one of its members attacked an ICE facility? Are they rednecks too? Hasty generalizations make you look like a fool.

No, statistics do not infer the same chances on everyone in a given statistical demographic. Considering most illegal shootings are by criminals with illegal firearms, that skews the odds quite a bit when compared to the vast majority of legal and law abiding gun owners. Don't let your irrational fears run away with you.

Correction, it lets American citizens defend their own lives. How many democracies define a right to life, and means to defend it, in their constitution? With the means to defend life, your right to it is at the whim of anyone willing and able to take it from you. And you're helpless to stop them.

Knowing is half the battle.

18. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

but... you already are a victim.
    Feeling the need to carry a firearm to protect yourself from your paranoia,
    Getting all sweaty when confronted with others also carrying guns.
    Do you go out at night or do you have to hide in a closet with a loaded 2 barrel?
    Getting a sore neck from having to look over your shoulder all the time.

The amount of energy being spent on this fear of tyranny (government or other wise, is incredible)
    For sure ...you are a victim of the 2nd amendment.

and what is worse is you claim to be free...lol

19. Vociferous Valued Senior Member

All ignorant straw man fantasies. Your ideology must require that sort of self-serving justification.

20. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

The difference between your life and mine is that I can walk in to a crowded bar enjoy a few and not have to worry about being shot at by someone not competent enough to drive a car let alone own a gun.
    I wonder what deluded ideologies a "ding bat" with a concealed gun has?

21. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

Can I come live in the USA and buy a gun?
    With all my deluded fantasies and self serving justifications I should fit in really well...right?
    Hey neighbor, what sort of hand gun do you recommend or should I buy something with a bit more clout?

22. Vociferous Valued Senior Member

Ah, more ignorance. Every state that I know of has very strict laws against carrying guns in bars. Educate yourself, so you doing look like such a fool.

23. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

The main part of my description was of you and pertaining to you. But hey, I agree about generalisations, so I'll change "Religious minded creationists, Trump supporting, gun toting, racist American red necks" to "Religious minded creationists, gun toting, racist American red necks" OK? but the first is accurate description of yourself.
    In other words, its an American thing...like Americans in general have not really grown up, and are lost in the old cowboy day portrayals as Hollywood has deemed....And the rest of the world looks on in disbelief. I sincerely hope that you or none of your loved ones are involved in the next American mass shooting.
    Oh, I accept being an ignorant foreigner from your perspective gladly. As much of the rest of the world would. Thank Christ that most of the rest of the world have recognised this American disease and rejected it.
    A shame that fools such as yourself, wreck the great American image, as portrayed in the sciences by NASA etc. I can see many of them cringing at your red neck attitude.

Quantum Quack likes this.