The Nature of Racism in America

Discussion in 'Ethics, Morality, & Justice' started by Bowser, Oct 19, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. billvon Valued Senior Member

OK, so why are you?
    We also have stats that show the problem is with cops, since they do a lot of the shooting. Should we go after them? Or just ignore that?
    We also have stats that show the problem is men. Should we go after you? Or just ignore that?
    Here's a simple experiment some economists did about 10 years ago:
    They took identical resumes and sent them out to potential employers. On some they put typically-black names (i.e. Jamal Washington) on others they put typically-white names (i.e.Greg Baker.) . The "white"-named resumes got 50% more callbacks than the identical resumes with "black" names on them.

That's a fact, not an assumption. And it's systematic.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2016
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Kristoffer Giant Hyrax Valued Senior Member

Bowser I think Mario needs to save the princess and dunk you in lava.

(Mod Note: If I simply raise my eyebrow just so, we all good? [20 Oct. 2016, 21.00 PDT)

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Bowser Namaste Valued Senior Member

Nobody is refuting history. Yeah, there's been terrible racism in America, and I think we have learned from that experience, but I also think it's time to move forward. The average white American would agree with you, racism is bad. Do you believe, because of past wrongs, we should lower our expectations for the black community?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

Huh?

What in the world are you on about, now?

8. Kristoffer Giant Hyrax Valued Senior Member

His usual race baiting antics.

9. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

Well, yeah, like the rape advocacy thread, the misogyny thread, and there were these weird homophobic threads he opened around the same time, but since the point was to call queers Nazis ....

See, the thing is that I know some people really do actually go out of their way to be specifically provocative and then complain to others about how you just can't talk to those people over there, but I'm not certain that's what our neighbor is on about.

This is more like the thing where an embittered bigot facing the end of his supremacy can only lash out as often and ferociously as he can manage in order to let people know how he feels.

Or like I suggested of Donald Trump↗:

The thing I don't get, because, y'know, no, it's not a conservative conspiracy, but it pretty much looks exactly like what we might expect if Republicans, knowing they were about to lose, decided to send a gaslight as their second just to make sure the first female president must run this gauntlet. In 2013, Republicans were essentially terrified of her; there's a line from, I think her Benghazi testimony, about ripping out Republicans' arms and beating them with the bloody stumps. They kind of knew they were going to lose. And just like they made certain President Obama and people of color knew how they felt about his election, so will they inform Hillary Clinton and every woman in the world how they feel about hers.

It seems almost basic Repbulican calculus: You're about to lose to her; sounds like a job for Donny Gaslight. I mean, before Trump, this was either Clinton-Bush or there was much talk about Governor Forced Penetration because he was a soccon in a soccon year who also had business chops for union busting. And let's face it, Jeb wasn't ready. He just ... the world nearly changed too much for Hillary Clinton's presidency; I think Jeb got left behind.

I wonder how badly Scott Walker would be gaffing up right now? Remember the bit on evolution? Even that would have been a spectacle, but, you know, Republicans sent Donald Trump, instead.

The point is just to roar and offend the people he hates as much as he can because he's in the middle of losing some bully privileges.

Kristoffer likes this.
  10. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

and this my friends is racism

no you show statistics that show what and trying to claim they show why

than your blinder than all fuck

11. Bowser Namaste Valued Senior Member

It's unfortunate that your best is merely an expression of malice. I understand the temptation because I have been guilty of the same in the past. I really want to have a civil conversation on this topic.

(Mod Note: Expression of malice noted, scrubbed, advised. (20 October 2016, 21.02 PDT)

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2016
  12. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

I have subconscious biases, yes, as do we all.

sculptor likes this.
  13. Bells Staff Member

But you wish to dismiss it, deny it in part and worse yet, continue to perpetuate the same ideologies and arguments against black people that existed in the past.

That blacks are violent, lazy, dumb, etc.

You see, Bowser, your argument is a mere repetition of how black people were treated in the past. You are repeating history.

We all learn from what went on before us. History is vital in making sure we do not repeat the mistakes of the past. Which begs the question of what is wrong with you that you still haven't learned from history to such a point that you are parroting the same arguments against blacks that existed in those awful times in your country's history? What gives?

So you don't get to complain that people refer to treatment of blacks in the past and how that has affected the state of African Americans in the present, when you deliberately and openly use the same arguments that served to discriminate against blacks in your country's history.

And yet, here we are. You dragging us back by using the same racist arguments against African Americans that existed since the days of slavery. Is this how you move forward?

So why are you being racist by resorting to the same offensive stereotypes that are not only wrong and false, but simply served to deny blacks their fundamental human rights in your country's history?

I believe that because of past wrongs, we should not repeat the same mistakes of the past and resort to applying the same ideologies and stereotypes that existed in history against the black community.

14. iceaura Valued Senior Member

So you are a member of a group of guys who have expectations for "the black community". And you think racism is bad.

So how do you tell whether someone is in "the black community", so you can have expectations of them?

15. PhysBang Valued Senior Member

But that is a lie. You point to two statistics (assuming that they are actually correct): the proportion of black Americans and the proportion of people in jail for murder, these are not crime statistics, they are justice system statistics, they do not exist without a justice system to call them a crime and they depend heavily on the nature of the justice system. You ignore almost all the other relevant statistics, e.g.:

• how many white and black people get convicted of manslaughter or some other lesser charge vs. murder
    • how many white and black people get prosecuted for crimes in general, given the same available evidence
    • how many white and black people get convicted for crimes in general, given the same available evidence

Even forgetting the social statistics outside of the justice system, these statistics above pose problems for your ideas.

But of course, you prefer to be racist than address the facts.

16. wellwisher Banned Banned

The justice system in America has been run by a black president and a black attorney general, for the last 7 years. This justice system has been known to take liberties when enforcing the law. They become slack with the law, when it comes to favoring democratic party endorsed demographics and leaders. For example, they ignore the immigration laws and did not pursue accusations of election tampering by the black panthers. Now, with the Democratic party focus on the police being the bad guys; one size fits all, there is less enforcement of the law in communities that show high crime rates.

In spite of this favorable approach from the government and justice system, this does not drastically change crime statistics. The black crime statistics are based on lack of character traits, which can be traced back to the broken black family, induced by liberal social policies. When we add to this abortion, unborn black lives do not matter, since black women are encouraged to abort at 5 times the rate of white women. This is also a liberal social policy.

One should do a correlation of just black crime, as a function of one parent versus two parent homes. Higher rates of black crime is a consequence of liberal social policies. These democratic party policies of family division, have diminished the ability of many black children to learn character skills from dads. This leads to higher crime rates, which help justify segregation into inner cities. This is useful for the opportunist Democratic party, who then has a trapped voter base, which they can pretend to care about each election cycle. Nothing even changes, except new rewards for bad behavior, so the division between races never changes, but only gets worse.

If people feel we need to give retribution, we need to reward only the blacks, who show character. This will set an example of the higher common denominator common to all races. But the Democrats prefer reward blacks as a group; based on race, regardless of character. I respect Martin Luther King's wisdom. He was a man of character.

In the current election cycle, Democrats will vote for Hillary, even though she has done criminal things, which she has gotten away with due to a favorable justice department. Character is not as important to democrats as long as you have a D near your name. This attitude perpetuates division, since character is treated the same as no character. The Democrat party is the main source of the racist and sexist problems in America. They point to finger at those who react after the problem is in place.

Trump calls Hillary a nasty woman, which she is. She has no character. The Democrats take this as an insult of all women. They merge criminal women with the honest women, dividing culture in terms of men and women. Men have common sense, and know not all women are honorable, and it should not be a crime of sexism to point this out. Many women don't seem to be able to differentiate.

If you look at how the Republicans look at Trump, there is more variety of opinion. This shows Republicans using more criteria that just having an R next to one's name. Many are using character is an issue. This is expected of the party of Lincoln.

I am hoping the Wikileaks are showing the Democrat base the hypocrisy of your leaders. They have convinced many of how much they care. This is a glimpse into the dark side which is usually hidden. Like Hillary said, she has two opinions, one for the outsiders; voters, the other for the special interests insiders. The hidden face causes racial problems and then the seen face blames others.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2016
  17. PhysBang Valued Senior Member

No. There are more that two people in the justice system. There are hundreds. Either wellwisher is extremely deluded or extremely dishonest or both.

Yes, they ignored something that did not happen. It's amazing how often that happens!

18. Over 9000 Banned Banned

This is raw Marxism. How about looking at Blacks everywhere in the world? Are all scholastic differences also caused by "oppression"? Cool story.

19. PhysBang Valued Senior Member

Yeah. So we know that you're just another racist loser.

20. Over 9000 Banned Banned

Yeah I get it. You assume everybody's equal based on nothing but your feelings, and when someone provides a counter-argument you say "racist" as if you're contradicting them.

21. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Yes they are. There were geographical circumstances that led to the industrial revolution starting in Europe rather than Africa. Read Guns, Germs, and Steel. Blacks are just as academically accomplished as people from any other place.

22. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

Note for the record: There is no argument in #55↑.

Welcome to Sciforums. Don't troll like that.

23. Over 9000 Banned Banned

Yes there is. The poster I was responding to claimed that the African American situation was the result of American history. I countered by pointing out that we see a similar situation everywhere in the world. The fact that you may not like that argument doesn't mean it isn't an argument.

Really, false accusations of trolling have to be the lamest fallacy one encounters online.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.