The net result of Reaganomics

Discussion in 'Business & Economics' started by iceaura, Jun 24, 2019.

1. Jeeves Valued Senior Member

It would be educational and fascinating to see you use it.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Seattle Valued Senior Member

I do, you guys don't. You guys are indiscriminate in your thinking.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. iceaura Valued Senior Member

Education, not credentials, was the key factor mentioned.
    And no, it wasn't and isn't close. The requirements of a free market under capitalism are detailed in one's first couple of semesters of college level economics. Being able to use "ad hominem" correctly is high school literacy - not college. Looking stuff up in the dictionary is junior high.
    The Republican propaganda feed is aimed at high school grads maximum. Anyone who parrots it fixes their educational level at or below C student of an average American high school.
    Damn that's funny.
    You've been warned - flat out warned - that I withhold personal info deliberately, in part for the express purpose of baiting the bandarlog into outing themselves like that.
    I even took a risk, predicted a future that you ostensibly controlled:
    All you had to do was post without setting up a personal attack based in ignorance, and my guess there goes down in flames. You didn't have to stay on topic, or address content, or engage in discussion, or even accurately represent my posting - just not set up to attack the person from a position of ignorance and a worldview of wingnut stereotype.

The same is true for the rest of your tribe here.

Do you guys have any idea, any clue at all, why you can't do that? (It's directly relevant to what you perceive as the net result of Reaganomics so far.)

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Seattle Valued Senior Member

It's Sunday, the day of our Lord, maybe you should take the day off to relax, eh amigo?

I guess you're not a Russian bot and that you are an American citizen. I guess I'm a high school graduate, max, with a C average. You couldn't be wrong I guess.

I'm a Republican and I follow the Republican talking points along with the rest of my tribe in here.

It is OK if you do work from home, even if it's from the basement. I just didn't picture you working well with others in a corporate office environment. However, from can you expect from me, a C average high school graduate?

I don't even have a proper sense of humor, Don Quixote. Tilted at any good windmills lately?

8. billvon Valued Senior Member

I know at least a dozen who I have worked with. Why would that be unusual?

9. Jeeves Valued Senior Member

Depends on the nature of the efforts by which they earned that much.

10. iceaura Valued Senior Member

You are confusing credentials with education again. You did not get that from my posting - I was clear, above.
    You follow the Republican talking points, as a victim of Republican propaganda, almost exactly. Yes.
    Nobody said anything about your Party membership. More confusion of credentials and realities, apparently.
    You simply can't not take the bait. You have to have a personal attack, and no considerations of ignorance can check you for long.

And you are not alone. It's how the Tribe rolls.

11. Seattle Valued Senior Member

I know, living and learning about fascism....

12. Jeeves Valued Senior Member

So --- when the high tide floated all those boats, how many ended up on the shore?

13. wegs Matter and Pixie Dust Valued Senior Member

Lol Why are you being falsely accused of supporting Republican initiatives and not being educated?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

You have a masters you’ve said, yes?

14. billvon Valued Senior Member

They joined a startup and worked their butts off for decades. Then when the startup became successful, it both paid well and showed a lot of gains in the stock they got as a starting bonus.

15. Jeeves Valued Senior Member

That part qualifies as earning by efforts.
    That part doesn't.

16. billvon Valued Senior Member

Why? A lot of people worked very hard to make a company successful - and it was. How is that not due to their efforts?

17. Seattle Valued Senior Member

Are you not familiar with Iceaura's work?

It's not that I don't have the educational credentials, that's not relevant. It's that my tribe, the Bandar-log, is repeating the Republican talking points. We're also stupid and frequently lie.

If the education had taken, we (everyone who isn't Iceaura) would be trying to roll the clock back to the pre-Reagan era.

Everyone on the political commentary shows are over-paid hacks who got their jobs through no effort of their own. In a more fair world, Iceaura and others like him would be over-paid hacks and we would all be learning from him.

He is very clever and he doesn't like name calling or constantly repeating talking points (except living and learning about fascism, bandar-log, tribe, Republican talking points).

It would be best if we could just learn from Iceaura. Just like the Man from La Mancha, he is on a mission to combat the Republican talking point every time he encounters them. He has been assigned to this board. This is his mission. It is a brave and noble one.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2019
    wegs likes this.
  18. Xelasnave.1947 Valued Senior Member

Although you generalise you could at least give some recognition to the skill of "suck up".
    There is a lot of effort that goes into "suck up".
    Consider a selection process all candidates presumably can do the job or they would not get to a personal interview.
    So what skill may have got them the job?
    So I am not sure "no effort" is the way of it.
    Alex

19. Jeeves Valued Senior Member

It may be indiredctly due to their efforts, but it is not direct earning. Stocks going up and down in value are subject to the climate of an external market.
    Fluctuation may be due to all kinds of factors - eg. luck, a fad, the collapse of a rival, a change in regulation - unrelated to the labour-content of the product (if there is a product); they may continue to rise - or suddenly decline - regardless of how much or hard the founders work; even if the company is taken over by some owners who never come near the place. Share price increases - like property value increases - are not earnings; they're windfalls.

20. Seattle Valued Senior Member

In case you didn't notice, I'm repeating Iceaura's comments. Of course no one got a job with no effort of their own.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2019
  21. Xelasnave.1947 Valued Senior Member

Alex

22. billvon Valued Senior Member

Correct. It's like working with your neighbors to reduce crime in your neighborhood through neighborhood patrols, police cooperation, fixing lights etc etc. Did you directly stop criminals? No. Did you help reduce crime? Yes, and you can take some credit for that.
    And due to the success of the company.
    That is true only if you had nothing to do with the increase in share price.

23. Jeeves Valued Senior Member

Sure - take all the credit you like. But it's not like earnings.
    Success is quantifiable only in the context of the other non labour-related variables I mentioned, among others. And that method of quantifying is itself subjective and variable.

Who has - or is perceived to have - to do indirectly with changes in market value does not become part of the definition of earning through effort. That's winning through effort+concept+timing+available investment+reachable market+financial climate+luck.
    It's a common misconception/misconstruction to sweep various sources and types of income into a single category, and that's why most people don't understand what's really going on most of the time.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2019