The Next Unexplored Frontier

Discussion in 'Earth Science' started by Tristan, Feb 3, 2003.

1. Tristan Leave your World Behind Valued Senior Member

The Ocean! So why are we flying into Space!!!!

Thoughts, opinions, arguments, experience.... Always Welcome =)

Later
    T

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. spacemanspiff czar of things Registered Senior Member

Totally. bottom of the ocean. I still like space too. but there's lots of wierd cool stuff in the murky depths.

there's tons of strange life down there that we really don't know anything about. I think biology would have a field day. and i'm all for making biologist happy.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Persol I am the great and mighty Zo. Registered Senior Member

I think this was mentioned in the population growth thread. Plenty to eat down there, lots of tidal/thermal energy, and oxygen can be extracted from the water.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Slacker47 Paint it Black Registered Senior Member

Well, I we are exploring, but you are right, there should be more.

The frontiers of space began with the Cold War, but now are vital to our existence as a species. There are so many variables in space that scientists would rather standardize these variables before turning to the waters.

I think humans need to explore everything, just not destructively.

8. Persol I am the great and mighty Zo. Registered Senior Member

We haven't been able to do that up to this point... perhaps the next frontier will be managed a little better now that enviromentalism is a political issue.

9. Slacker47 Paint it Black Registered Senior Member

Uh... if you are referring to the new funds for hydrogen engines, you have been misled. Bush is trying to show Americans and Europeans that he is "earth friendly", but his real goal is to scare the Middle East.

Im glad that he did it, but he is doing it for the wrong reasons. Thats how it boils down in my mind. Anyway, I really hope we can develop mechanical submarines that are not man powered. This way we can send them down like "space probes."

The part that I would like to discover are the caverns around Malaysia and Polynesia. I am guessing that these will hold many of history's answers.

10. Persol I am the great and mighty Zo. Registered Senior Member

I wasn't refering to this... when I first heard that my reaction was "Where the f*** did that come from?" I'm all for it, but it seems jsut to be a political move.

I am refering to the fact that we have overused every new frontier:
    America - killed locals, killed species, cut down forests, etc
    Space - we just leave junk floating up there

11. Slacker47 Paint it Black Registered Senior Member

true, true. I would rather leave trash floating in space than plluting earth.

I think that they should ultra-compact a bunch of trash and send it to either mars or the moon so they can use it as a fuel.