The Pharmacology Sticky

Discussion in 'Chemistry' started by John J. Bannan, Jul 17, 2007.

1. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

I don't know, crack seems like a strong cup of coffee compared to weed.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Xpandngreal8y Registered Member

id tend to agree as far as effect of the drug.. crack never did a thing for me, though the addiction would seem to be a lot stronger with it. maybe i just never got the "good crack"

LOL

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Xpandngreal8y Registered Member

i like this answer.. but.. what the hell are "true hallucinations"??

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. John99 Banned Banned

My best friend was a crack addict, i knew him long before he became addicted. I never smoked crack myself.

I saw him smoke one time, his back hunched up like a warewolf, then he would prance around on his tippy toes with an evil look on his face. he knocked stuff off his desk, hid stuff behind furniture. the one time i seen this behavior i grabbed a steak knife and held it behind my back, waiting for a move towards me, for i knew that i was witnessing somehting beyond his ability to control, beyond this persons rational limits. i would have had to...curse the thought, this was the personification of depravity, hiding in a dark room, unable to function, unable to speak. grunting, sweating, crawling across the floor.

He is dead now from smoking crack. This was the tail end, i think his brain was truly damaged by that point.:shrug:

8. Xpandngreal8y Registered Member

yeah.. thats wild.. it most definitley must alter brain chemistry more and more over time, i have a similarly very sad story as well... and i am very sorry to hear of your loss.

9. Search & Destroy Take one bite at a time Moderator

nah comparing the two won't tell you which experience (smoking crack, or smoking herb) is stronger. too many other variables.

in my experience crack was weaker

10. Yorda Registered Senior Member

nde is the most powerful drug.

life/death is the most powerful drug. everything is a drug.

there are no drugs because drugs are a type of food. the difference between heroin and a strawberry is that heroin tastes better.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2007
  11. Captain Kremmen All aboard, me Hearties! Valued Senior Member

Heroin tastes better than Strawberries???

So why have we never heard of "Heroin and Cream"?

And Why do Cops in Copshows taste a dab of Heroin on their finger and say "Yes, that's Heroin"
    Surely they should go "Mmmmmmh, now that's some tasty Heroin. Where's the Creamjug?"

Last edited: Jul 28, 2007
  12. domesticated om Stickler for details Valued Senior Member

This is a slight deviation from the direction this thread has taken so far, but here is my question:

Which illegal drug is considered as having the most powerful "high"?

13. Yorda Registered Senior Member

if it doesn't taste good, why do people eat it?

14. Fraggle Rocker Staff Member

"High" is an oversimplification. Drugs take people in many directions, not just one that could metaphorically be described as "upward" as the word implies. There are intoxicants (alcohol), hallucinogens (psilocibin), psychedelics (LSD), soporifics (opium), stimulants (amphetamine), mood levelers (nicotine), and many others, and those are just their most common primary effects. Some people want a drug that makes them alert, some want one that suppresses their logic and allows them to focus on their creativity, others want one that just makes them feel like it's okay to be irresponsible. It's hard to compare the strength of these various effects. A person who appreciates going in one direction might not be willing to take enough of a drug that goes a different way to be able to evaluate it. And even then what's he going to say? "I got really peaceful on the marijuana but the silliness I felt on the alcohol was more powerful."

15. Xev Registered Senior Member

It's nice to see someone who isn't brainwashed by retarded propaganda. So good that you researched this, too.

Xelios:
    Never did enough, I guess. But what about ketamine or dxm? Both are classified as dissociatives, but they come closest to fulfilling your criteria for "true hallucinations."

As for the strongest drug: for dependance, I'd say caffiene. Coming down off meth (I have heard *cough cough*) is easier than going without any caffiene for a day. For potency per volume, I'd say LSD and for strength of effects, I'd say peyote or special k.

domesticated om:
    I echo fraggle rocker's sentiments - but in terms of rush and sheer awesome "up," probably coke.

16. Ripley Valued Senior Member

Combining stuff is a whole different trip of course.

17. Xev Registered Senior Member

Kittyflipping FTW!!

18. Ripley Valued Senior Member

Haven't done anything in ages but my mix was weed and coke. And poppers if I was taking a walk on the wild side. Reason being that the coke tempered that god-awful thinking in my head, and got me off my ass. Also, the paranoia was contained and I could zig-zag down a street at night without running into anyone. I always hated tripping on a coach. But not in bed. Lol.

19. thepump325 Registered Member

DXM (cough syrup) vs. Codeine

There are many similarities between DXM and codeine. For example, both are antitussives (i.e. they suppress coughing) that are used worldwide, and both are purported to be equally effective antitussives. But there is one major difference between the two in the U.S.: DXM is available over-the-counter, while codeine is only attainable with a prescription (assuming you're a good law-abiding citizen, which I'm sure you are

)

In the early '60s, DXM completely replaced codeine in the U.S., obviously because codeine, as an opioid, naturally runs a high risk for abuse. And this abuse is well documented. I once heard that 95 percent of codeine use in France is recreational. But honestly, did a little (or even a lot) codeine ever hurt anybody?

DXM, on the other hand, is an extremely powerful drug that, as a dissociative, produces effects very similar to PCP (angle dust) and ketamine (special K), and what is perhaps most frightening, many people who have used the drug heavily have reported cognitive impairment that has stuck with them even years after quitting. I haven't been able to find anything suggesting that codeine is damaging to the brain, unlike the massive amounts of literature which suggest that DXM abuse can lead to a whole slew of brain problems. Also, there are frequent deaths related to DXM.

As luck would have it, DXM is most popular amongst the teenage crowd. Isn't it great to think that America's youth are destroying their brains with cough syrup?!?

The tables need to be turned. The lesser of two evils needs to be slain. DXM needs to be completely done away with, and America needs to be reintroduced to its erstwhile friend codeine.

I'm sure some of you have tried DXM. Thoughts?

Last edited: Mar 17, 2008
  20. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

i never realised codine was banned in the US. It is an over the counter drug here when mixed with ibiprophin or paracitamol. I always have Neriphen Plus and codral 4 flu in the house because for pain relife (for bad pain anyway) i prefer codine to the other three avilable pain relivers and for a bad cold (or the flu) i prefer pudoephridrin and codine than the subsitute for pudoephridrine and paracitamol

21. Xev Registered Senior Member

Not precisely. You can get codeine/asprin or codeine/tylenol syrup over the counter here, you just have to sign for it.

Of course, this also renders it pointless for recreational use, since you'd fuck your liver trying to get a good high.

Angle dust? Is that what Pythagoras got high on?

By "massive amounts" you mean "a fair chunk of discredited, poorly-designed studies," right?

But the comparison sucks. DXM highs are relatively intellectual - it changes your perception of space and geometry, in high enough doses you have amazing lucid dreams, and like many dissociatives, the paradigm-skew is quite interesting.

Codeine just makes one rather dumb and happy. Apples and oranges, you see?

Last edited: Mar 17, 2008
  22. thepump325 Registered Member

In what state(s) is codeine sold over-the-counter? I have never heard of any codeine product being sold in the U.S. without a prescription. I might have to go on a little road trip if it is. Over-the-counter pain relievers do nothing for me. Or maybe I could just take a trip downtown and score some heroine:bugeye:...nah!

By the way, Asguard, there are ways to extract the codeine so that you don't damage your liver

...not that I'm recommending that or anything.

23. Xev Registered Senior Member

I'm in Michigan and I remember having bought acetamenophen (tylenol) and codeine solution about ten years ago for a cold. I don't think the amount of codeine was very high though.