The pi thread

Discussion in 'Physics & Math' started by James R, Oct 4, 2018.

1. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

Correction: I never suggested I can't see it. Like anyone else, If I distort my eyes the wrong way, I can get the image to invert.

What I said was: there is no a second image - it's just the same image, incorrectly viewed (so the proper 3D effect is spoiled).

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. cluelusshusbund + Public Dilemma + Valued Senior Member

Well i can clear that up right now... by usin the same method i use to see a 3 D effect in the image you posted i can see a 3 D effect in the first image i posted.!!!

"To me it looks like 1 long word... then 1 short word below that... then anuther short word below that... an its all centered an takes up about 25% of the whole pic.!!!
    It kinda reminds me of Greek letters or hieroglyphics.!!!"

I gave a suggeston that woud help you to see it... which is placin you'r image next to mine... focus to see the 3 D effect in you'r image... then holdin the same focus... shift you'r gaze to my image... BAM... thar it is... a 3 D effect as real as the one in the first image you posted.!!!

In other words... you dont even have to "distort you'r eyes the wrong way or incorectly view it" (LOL)... to see the 3 D effect in my image.!!!

All you'r red flags do is intimidate me

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

I can not make you see somptin you seem to be unable to see or unwillin to try to see.!!!

Its perty complicated but i will try to explain the "expert level" 3 D effect technique i used on my first image:::

I randomly removed about 20 % of the dots from James R’s Pi image an replaced ‘em wit “clear matte” (at ImageMagick)… then i placed that image over a 3 D image which had words on it… an the clear matte i added allows enuff of the 3 D effect to be noticeable... but not enuff for the words to be legible.!!!

Hmmm... perty simple realy.!!!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

OK, so that's pretty clearly you not seeing the image. If it were working, you'd be able to read it; it wouldn't look like Hieroglyphics.

That's not how stereograms work.

And I'm afraid I don't have much interest in being a guinea pig while you experiment with your own techniques.

Sorry.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. cluelusshusbund + Public Dilemma + Valued Senior Member

No need for sour grapes

... come on Dave… you likely had as much or more fun in this thred as i did… yes.???
    An i give you get a E for effort… but a F for never bein able to see the 3 D effect in my image