The Picture Thread

Discussion in 'About the Members' started by goofyfish, Feb 8, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wet1 Wanderer Registered Senior Member

scilosopher,

I don't know. How far into Central Park did you make it?

While I'm at it, we should reserve the posts for actual pictures of members. Remember this thread will be here for a while...

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Pollux V Ra Bless America Registered Senior Member

Well, scilo, if you've been repeatedly insisting that I'm gay because of a certain use of the word in a poem then yes, you are the person I was talking about. Buuut upon searching ravenously through the forums I can find no hostile statement from you directed at me . Why would you think that you're the bad guy? You've done nothing wrong! Did you see the backslash post? Congrats totally singled me out....

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Stryder Keeper of "good" ideas. Valued Senior Member

Scilosopher,

I have to admit I overlooked the statement. I just thought it was directed at someone else... Someone with paperclips lol

Of course it's understandible that you wondered with NYC as your locale.

Yes Congrats, the Punk statement was directed at you (Just the word "punk", not the "Egotistical" piece) as I just thought that the whole paperclip thing was a kind of Genre.

As for Pollux...
    Well you do seem to have gotten off on the wrong foot with a few people. I understand it as the usual thing that can occur, the mis-reading of something written in text, because the person reading it tends to use a different context to read it.

Perhaps at the end of this page, you lot can settle your differences and see that none of you truly bear hard feelings.
    (Last thing we need is a Sciforums brawl!)

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Pollux V Ra Bless America Registered Senior Member

Well I'm not angry at her, we're just two very egotystical people, one that vents [her] thoughts a little easier than I do. We have our differences...and our similiarites. I just had to say she was a hypocrite for saying that I was one, I just couldn't quite hold it in any longer. Plus that whole gay thing (under art and culture, poerty arena) frustrated me even though I did think it was hilarious, as well as her little post on the backslash thread. I was laughing hysterically while shouting: Hypocrite! Hypocrite!

I guess I'm done:bugeye:

Maybe not though...BTW I'll have my picture on monday, I'm photographing meeself today and will have the pictures transferred from a certain mother's office to a certain sciforumer's home.

PLUS you know what I realized? I'm one of the 'elder' sciforumers, I look all around me and see newbies! Newbies! I shall now endeavour to find my first post, that will be quite the adventure...

8. Congrats Bartok Fiend Registered Senior Member

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Paperclips and yarn are very punk, yes. (hmm...)

Here's the deal-

1. I'm not a girl, I'm a guy. Always have been, always will.

2. I do not go to Pollux's school. I do not live in Maine, orNew York (Harlem) for that matter. I live in suburban NJ, center of all thimgs over-priced, commercialized, and humdrum.

3. The 'gay' comment was not directed to Pollux as an insult. Sure, it got mean, but that always happens with me. I'm being funny, so I think, but then I always end up having fun at others' expense. So I apologize, Pollux, for my clumsiness in not kmowing when to stop the joke, and perhaps because I am gay, I didn't exactly know that a gay joke would be taken badly. See, I'd take it as a compliment.

4. I'm not a punk, I'm more of a crazed artist.

5. I never thought Pollux was gay! No one really did. If straight people weren't so paranoid they'd see it wasn't such a big deal if someone started a joke.

6. The Backslah comment- I'd like to delete it. I was having a fake egotistical high over being 'right all along' about /777 and by the way thought that admission of his was desperately funny. I didn't single out Pollux becasue I hated him and thought he as gay, I just did it because I thought he was someone I could joke around with. Yet we see again, with congratulations, jokes go too far.

7. I didn't think Scilosopher was attracted to Celine Dion...why did I say that? The days I posted all of the posts in question I was unusually strange, unusually egotistical and almost certainly insecure. So while I odn't excuse myself from any blame, I will say it's totally out of character for me to be mean like that, and I only act like that when I'm out of character.

9. Congrats Bartok Fiend Registered Senior Member

Wait- this is not a joke- I AM NOT FEMALE! I just read your last post (pollux) and saw how it referred to me as she??????? Do you all think I'm female? I put up the Celine Dion pic as a joke- #uno it wasn't me, #dos it doesn't look like me, #tres I don't have breasts of thin legs or soft pale skin or big lips and NO! No I don't want them.

This is really surprising. I thought Banshee was a guy from June 2001 to just three days ago, so (yes, I know, I'm a hypocrite!) but I thought I made my masculinity clear to all of you. Well, there's no muscle car thread so I can't go there...(ahem, ahem, ahem, cough

) What's next, am I a male lesbian?

10. Bebelina kospla.com Valued Senior Member

I knew it, I knew it, I knew it!

I knew you were a man, no woman can be that bitchy!!! LOL, well I guess they can, but it´s unusual , most of us know better....

Now we really want to see that special angle photo!

11. Pollux V Ra Bless America Registered Senior Member

wow...that seriously changes things.

The joke wasn't taken badly it was just MEAN. I was laughing all the way though...

I could've sworn I saw you mention you were a girl, and that celine dion thing really soldified that idea.

Hopefully when I post my pics tommorow SOMEONE of the opposite sex and around the same age will be impressed.

12. Pollux V Ra Bless America Registered Senior Member

PLUS!! Look at his title: Faerie!! Faerie!!

Congrats are you messing with us? This is too confusing...

13. scilosopher Registered Senior Member

I thought banshee was a man too (sorry - by default I tend to assume most people here are men, especially the forums I tend to go to seem pretty male dominated). Also, posts here are about the type of stuff where gender is fairly unclear, so it isn't too surprising some of us get confused sometiemes. It's exactly the type of Shenanigans Corngratulations employed - posting a different gender picture - that makes things really confusing (I had always thought congratulations was female - I don't know any guys that would make their name congratulations). I still can't figure out what the hamster is ...

I was also just covering up - I was attracted to Celine Dion (until I knew who it was of course). That's how far off in the weeds I am ... despite the preponderance of men I really come here to pick up women and am broken hearted that Bebelina never responds to my comments directed at her ... I think I'm going to go wander off into central park and frolic in the weeds by the sheep's meadow. To bad it's so safe there now this isn't a fatalistic act. Why cruel world have you deprived me of a way to end my pain!!!

It will be nice if people start posting pics again. If Bebelina keeps posting new ones I bet she can outnumber us all ... In an effort to stop that I realized there was a non mug shot pic of me on my old lab's website. I'm still curious how you post a pic in the actual post ...

14. Pollux V Ra Bless America Registered Senior Member

That's a much better picture, scilo.

And while reading through this entire thread I came to one of Stryder's posts, asking basically if anyone from my school had heard me talk about sciforums.

Well here's the list:

Mr. sixty-two (from astronomy, I believe)
    Linziloca (posted once)
    My pal david who's name I can't quite remember but who's avatar had a dragon on it
    aaand scifred-mr. sixty two, david's, and my creation, we thought it'd be kinda funny to make an antagonist for no reason on the forums. I think once this redneck-y fella we talked to about the website did the post about the *assholes.* I'm not exactly sure, though.

If anyone want's to use scifred's account as a moronical antagonist (only-and if I see any specifically mean posts (rather than just one, giant sweeping one) I'll delete them) his password is oedipus.

Porfiry where is your picture? And goofyfish? And AVATAR??

As I've said before mine'll be up here tommorra

15. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

I haven't photographed in years! would ya beleive that

, but for sciforums I will. During the next week I will photograp myself and scan it in my friends house.

16. Congrats Bartok Fiend Registered Senior Member

OK here's two old pictures of me. I have no clue where my mommy puts recent pictures, but I could find some from 7th grade. I'm not wearing yarn in these pictures; they were from back when I was a good boy.

SO to any of you[Pollux] who are uncertain of my gender identity, here you are. Uncensored pics from Congratulations. A Male. Chromosones 'XY'. Has short hair on head, slightly shorter hair everywhere else. I don't wear fur coats, I don't want to, I have faerie in my title because I am:

Here are two pictures:

17. Congrats Bartok Fiend Registered Senior Member

The angle on this one isn't that good. LOL.

I look young in these because I am, slightly younger, yet the only thinsg different now is that I am more muscular and have more manly facial features...(cheekbones, occasional gotee, etc.) But really, I haven't had any pubescant outbursts since then, and I look the same.

18. Pollux V Ra Bless America Registered Senior Member

christ...this reeally is quite the soap opera we have here...

...I think I'm going to go laugh hysterically for a few hours.

19. Stryder Keeper of "good" ideas. Valued Senior Member

I'm going to explain why I thought Congrats was a She.

One of the first posts mentioned "14 year old girl" and "Lesbian".

I thought it a bit odd, and my brain has a habit of remembering things that just Aren't right.

When Celine Dion's picture arose, I laughed.... My sister mentioned she was Gay years ago. lol

I'm going to join Pollux now.... And see if I can Laugh loud enough to plop out a lung,

20. Pollux V Ra Bless America Registered Senior Member

(still laughing)

21. Congrats Bartok Fiend Registered Senior Member

Keep laughing, Pollux, but watch your back. Know that I'm laughing at you harder.

Ah, Sciforums, what would I do without it? This is all so much fun. No one knows who congartulations is- is he a monkey, is he is a lesbian? Is he a woman, is he an infant? Is he is Celine Dion? Is he a lego brick? Is he a little rock on the ground by a schollteacher's house in Germany? I don't reallyknow, do you? I bet not.

22. wet1 Wanderer Registered Senior Member

...and still no picture from Porfiry...

23. Pollux V Ra Bless America Registered Senior Member

does this mean (chuckles) that you're (snorfles) still messing (wipes tear from eye) with us?

Plus what's more you're gay and you're a republican , come on the people you vote for (or will vote for) discriminate against you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.