The Pope speaks: Muhammad had brought the world only "evil and inhuman" things. !!!!!

Discussion in 'World Events' started by vincent, Sep 15, 2006.

1. vincent Sir Vincent, knighted by HM Registered Senior Member

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/5347876.stm

Last Updated: Friday, 15 September 2006, 09:15 GMT 10:15 UK

E-mail this to a friend Printable version
    Muslim anger grows at Pope speech

The Pope's comments came on a visit to Germany

A statement from the Vatican has failed to quell criticism of Pope Benedict XVI from Muslim leaders, after he made a speech about the concept of holy war.

Speaking in Germany, the Pope quoted a 14th Century Christian emperor who said Muhammad had brought the world only "evil and inhuman" things.

Pakistan's parliament passed a resolution on Friday criticising the Pope for making "derogatory" comments.

The Vatican said the Pope had not intended to offend Muslims.

" the Pope quoted a 14th Century Christian emperor who said Muhammad had brought the world only "evil and inhuman" things."

It seems the war between our religons, goes up another notch, as the pope quotes christian nutters, like bush before him with his crusades remark, we must pay the price for the muslim anger over this latest outburst.

What is it with our leaders dont they think before they speak, who the fuck quotes some 14th century loony's remarks aabout islam to the world, especially the leader of the catholic church, like the cartoons this really is another mess.

Thats what haappens when you make a german pope, whats wrong with a oriental pope or a british one, i am sick of polish, german, & every other hillbilly countries sons being popes, how about someone with a brain for once.

And why must they always be 80 something when there made pope, they spend most there pope life in sickness & a forever state of dying.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Destroyer Banned Banned

Are you Catholic? Is was just wondering, what does a Pope actually do? Are there any British candidates?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

This is going to be another tinder for those wanting to unite Muslims against the West.

Seems incredible the Pope would put his foot in it like that. Just before Ramadan too.
    Its already clear that some people are using any available excuse to inflame sentiments. The public condemnation of the pope's remarks by Muslim leaders did not appear until two days after he made the speech.

The current protests will play into the hands of (1) many looking for a distraction, (2)a cause to unite Muslims or (3) simply a catalyst to intensify Muslim extremism against the West.

(1) This would be the Arab states who were undecided between Sticking up for Hezbollah and supporting a Shiite organisation.

(2) Iran, that has ambitions of being a leader in the ME and needs fuel to overcome its being a Persian Shiite state.

(3) the terrorists looking for fresh fodder.

They've all got a common target now.

Hope this does not descend into another round of violence.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Sock puppet path GRRRRRRRRRRRR Valued Senior Member

No worries remember islam is a religion of peace.....

8. Destroyer Banned Banned

If it wasn't, you'd have a billion violent people as opposed to a fraction.

9. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Has anyone heard of this book?

I hope the Pope cancels his November visit to Turkey. This is making me uneasy.

10. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

The british church has split of from the main branch of the catholic church.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anglican_church

11. The Devil Inside Banned Banned

the situation is ridiculous, and is the result of people having their faith dictated to them, rather than learning and studying for themselves what religious texts teach.

i have the utmost respect for muslims, but i have no doubt that violence will come against westerners due to this occurrance.

12. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

I'm afraid you are right and it will probably be people manipulated by clerics and politicians.

13. The Devil Inside Banned Banned

exactly my point.

14. vincent Sir Vincent, knighted by HM Registered Senior Member

Yes im catholic, yes there are a shit load of candidates including myself, but if want to be a pope these days, your mother tongue must not be english by vatican law.
    And you must have had the last rites read to you at some point in your life, at least then they know you are going to die, cant have a eternal pope, only god is eternal.

"what does a Pope actually do? "

What does the pope do he rides around in the POPE MOBILE all day, quoting crazy christian crusaders, its a bat like the bat mobile, but has none of the gadgets apart from a bullet proof glass, & heat seeking missiles, & a nucler missile under the under carriage for emergencies only.

15. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Vincent, I must say you have made me reexamine all my ideas of what Britishers are like.

LOL

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

16. vincent Sir Vincent, knighted by HM Registered Senior Member

we have catholic main branch offices in england what are you on about?
    We also have francises to, mobile priests preaching from ice cream vans too, while earning a fast buck selling cones.

No country is more deserving than the uk to unite the world with a UK pope, & unite the universe too.

17. vincent Sir Vincent, knighted by HM Registered Senior Member

Germany & france are well known for being the biggest clusterfucks in europe, there always causing problems, thats why we need the brits to take over the popehood, we think before we talk, we have a stiff upper lip, were diplomatic, we apologise alot, & were gods favourite sons, after all we have no mosquitoes in the UK, the only country in the universe free of devil mosquitoes......

18. arkman Registered Senior Member

The Vatican is a boil on the face of humanity. The the whole place is stuffed with idols and gold. Talk about people worshipping themselves.

19. Sock puppet path GRRRRRRRRRRRR Valued Senior Member

Riiiiight.

20. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Then George Bush must be a closet Muslim?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Probably tries to hide it by acting anti-Islamic, huh?

21. Zakariya04 and it was Valued Senior Member

sam where did you get the phrase britishers from???

thats amazingly bad, i thought they just called us brits in the states!!!!

Last edited: Sep 15, 2006
  22. Nickelodeon Banned Banned

Or Limeys.

"Dude, you have a limey accent"

Well thats because I'm British......

23. Zakariya04 and it was Valued Senior Member

Seriously i hope this pope situation just blows over, i dont think i can cope with the different types of emotion i will feel if their is a reaction to it similar to the cartons.

at least the vatican have apologised and said they didnot mean to say it etc....