The Post Whatever Thread

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by serenesam, Jul 8, 2018.

1. RainbowSingularity Valued Senior Member

if you wont do what i say
    why should i make you do what i want

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. RainbowSingularity Valued Senior Member

saw a guy today
    looked a lot like a guy i saw about 9 years ago who i busted trying to break in to my neighbors house
    was a career criminal
    i IDed him on the property & loitering around a family home with small children when everyone was out. police got good photo id from me to probable cause
    searched his house found stolen property that he had stolen, but weird little things almost trophy's. they said he was all there, not right in the head.
    police prosecuted him & got him with stolen property from several other burglaries
    hhmmm
    my theory is, he probably should look a bit older
    and slightly taller
    but had a very similar limp, but now i think of it
    i don't think he had a deformed lower leg bone
    limp and very similar face, but his face(crim from 9 or so years back) had a twitch on the right side where the muscle didn't work properly.
    memory can be a funny thing

Last edited: Feb 18, 2021
  4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. RainbowSingularity Valued Senior Member

Congrats Naomi

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Serena

Better out & ok than forced out with an injury that will never heal.
    medium term queen of tennis long term mom

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. RainbowSingularity Valued Senior Member

Last edited: Feb 18, 2021
  8. RainbowSingularity Valued Senior Member

9. Michael 345 New year. PRESENT is 72 years oldl Valued Senior Member

Playing with marbles

10. wegs Matter and Pixie Dust Valued Senior Member

So, I'm a member of another site that is sort of a free for all when it comes to the types of topics discussed. Like, there's no set topic, per se. There's politics, general chat, movie talk, science stuff, etc. I don't post much anymore, but sometimes lurk. Today, I noticed a chat thread where men and women were discussing all kinds of things, ranging from Netflix to dating apps, etc. The men's comments were mainly abrasive, sexist and rude to pretty much anything the women were commenting on. This wasn't a debate, they were just exchanging opinions going back and forth about movies they've seen, etc and the men took themselves waaaayyyy too seriously, while the women were just casually posting, and not looking for a fight.

But, something struck me...the men were calling women ''sluts,'' not the women posting, but women in general...and the women kept defending themselves ''well, I'm not a slut...'' And the men were like...''stfu, all women are sluts, they all lie.'' It was so cringey and awkward...the women were for lack of a better word, seeking the attention of these misogynist weirdos and the men continuing to get meaner with every post. It's all coming back to me why I've stopped posting there...lol But, so strange. These men in the same thread bragging about how they are banging tons of women, and how all women are ''sluts,'' and how feminism has ruined ''good women.'' I know men like this exist, but what was odd were how the women were trying to convince these men that ''not all women are like this,'' which is fine, but they were trying to quasi-flirt with these men, at the same time, telling them how they have degrees but can cook and fold laundry, and how women should know how to please their men. Almost like they were agreeing with the men so the men would calm down or pay attention to them, it was so strange.

Literally, most of the men's comments were put downs, bitter posts about women, misogynistic remarks, irrational generalizations, etc and the women were just talking about movies and life stuff. lol What? The men seemed absolutely incapable of having a ''normal'' conversation with these women.

Have you seen any exchanges like this on other forums? I run across it on occasion with Twitter, but it's not as permitted as it seems to be on this deranged forum. The sad thing is no one is banning these jerks. It's all permitted. When I used to be active there, I reported a few of these guys but nothing happened. It was as though no one read the report. No response, nada. It's such a shame, because the forum used to be very fun, but now it's overrun by misogyny and racism.

Anyways, my internet ramblings for the day.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2021
    RainbowSingularity likes this.
  11. wegs Matter and Pixie Dust Valued Senior Member

That was quite a ramble even as far as rambles go. Lol I guess the odd things that stood out were that the women began agreeing with the men who continued to insult women, even insult them, in an attempt to impress them? That’s how it looked to me, and I wonder if this is more common than not. The Internet is a safe cocoon of sorts as the rantings of misogynists wouldn’t be tolerated in the workplace for example but it was odd seeing some of the female members post self-deprecating remarks and try to impress these men that they know how to take care of men but also how to earn a living, and how these men just haven’t met the “right” woman.

Yes, misogyny only exists because those men haven’t met the right woman. -_-

RainbowSingularity likes this.
  12. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

Wowsers.

This sounds like a site whose reputation has gotten around, and like-types (Incels maybe?) are flocking to it.

I once joined a Diabetes listserv (if you know what a listserv is, you're showing your age) only to find out that the forum focus had evolved to completely unrelated general discussion, and there was nothing of the Diabetes left. I tried to complain about all the off-topic stuff but they didn't care.

I also suspect that your site's moderators have stopped bothering to curate their content.

13. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

Is it possible that many/virtually all - of those "female" members are really male members pretending?

14. wegs Matter and Pixie Dust Valued Senior Member

How annoying, I know, to join a site to discuss a certain topic and it turns into a one giant chat thread. Lol

On the flip side, I think most forums need off topic posts to keep the site balanced. Even here at sci forums - threads tend to derail often and sometimes, that’s fun. Sometimes not lol but you know what I mean? The science threads actually don’t generate as much activity as say the religion, UFO or philosophy section.

There is a difference though between off topic posts and a forum becoming overrun by sexist jerks who permeate every section. This started a few years ago and I’ve slowly drifted away because of it. You could be right that some men are masquerading as women but not all of them. It’s a shame though because it used to be a fun site.

(that had nothing to do with misogyny) Many of the posts over the past few years were also dripping with love for Trump - I’m not sure how the site went from a chill, laid back site to what it’s become. Slow fade, I guess. I haven’t been active so it seems sudden to me but it probably happened over time.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2021
  15. RainbowSingularity Valued Senior Member

fa shiz !
    its predator prey sexual culture games
    hard wired into a lot of people

culture !

the men are supposed to be a bit hard n dumb so they can be put to war to act out the violence
    like the blunt weapon
    it is very mainstream gender stereo typing as a culture format in usa uk some outlier european places
    very common in harder environments
    Russia is an odd mix but quite unique
    they dont disrespect women in the same way as a cultural process
    but thy have heavy inference of social compliance on conformist behavior
    as you go south into lower European countrys it becomes a lot more barbaric
    Russia for instance
    if you hit a woman(as a man)
    you will get the bash
    their social culture demands the man who hit the women to get put into line
    western predatory sexual culture think eastern men are weak
    but it is more a position of service to women where women are enshrined in cultural obligation rules of conduct.

like in the usa you dont talk to strangers
    in Russia you dont be rude to women in public & dont push them around or hit them
    in the usa women are seen to have more freedom from social compliance
    however it is not the case
    it is a different culture
    each has their own issues freedoms benefits and liabilities.

such cultural differences are lost on most "western" people

in china for instance
    if you are caught stealing
    it is expected that either the person who catches you beats them up
    and the police will beat them up
    THAT is thier society & how they control theft
    thats why stealing in china is seen as such a terrible thing
    it is rigidly enforced
    work hard or work smart but dont steal or you are scum of the earth
    where as in usa
    stealing is just a different interpretation of morals.
    where as in russia
    leaving something on the side of the road is like giving it away
    if someone came back to claim it they would probably just give it back
    and the act of "making use of something" is a social cultural process with its own laws.

imagine the level of foreign relations skills of the usa toward other countrys over the last few years

keeping in mind all sorts of vile creatures will be reading his & looking to use any tips or hints they can get to abuse more people.
    including child predators who predate on parents to gain access to children
    so simply discussing some things is no good because its too dangerous to give tips or clues to such people.

what you have illustrated is a process of a game of interactive process
    it is a culture in its self
    keeping in mind i have been studying this type of thing for years
    so it is not a lack of understand that prevents me from discussing it with you to show you this or that.

there is a fairly large range of modern society who interact on this level
    (at some stage & moving through it, pausing in it or using it as some form of into or connective association) that you have outlined.

getting specific in any way to detail methods & process simply gives predators more depth of attack into people.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2021
  16. RainbowSingularity Valued Senior Member

yall gettin bit nosy?

rich people are not interested in knowledge
    rich people are interested in money & how they can get it

such a messed up world

Last edited: Feb 21, 2021
  17. RainbowSingularity Valued Senior Member

18. Seattle Valued Senior Member

Sometimes but not lately.

19. Seattle Valued Senior Member

Sure, I have that hobby from time to time. Sometimes it's because I need something. Sometimes I don't but I'm just engaging in my hobby

20. Seattle Valued Senior Member

Probably 1 in 5 patients in the hospital for 28 days ultimately die regardless of what disease they have.

21. RainbowSingularity Valued Senior Member

keep up your painting(or something similar)
    its like walking, a little done easily makes a big difference which you dont notice until later on when time has elapsed & you have not been painting/walking/whatever for some time.

its more precise
    patients hospitalised WITH diabetes
    so its effectively a diabetic incident risk level with covid on top
    i guess to some measure you could suggest the results of saving those patients at 80% to be quite good considering how sick they will be etc
    however in the usa hospital time is not measured for health purposes.
    it is measured for billing purposes to validate profit margins
    it depends on whos pocket they are lining or fleecing to how they measure those days

hundreds of rest home patients in the usa have died probably from covid but they are not listing the cause as covid
    what use would that be in red states like Florida for instance
    not much use for the elitists who hold the power & want to not be forced to get off their ass and do some work for their big fat salarys & expense accounts.

22. Seattle Valued Senior Member

It's hard to stay in the hospital for 28 days was my point. No one stays there that long. If you are there that long, they aren't doing much for you and you get sent to a nursing home.

23. RainbowSingularity Valued Senior Member

i see your point
    they probably mix up those statistics by listing a full day when the person is admitted in the time zone day
    they probably used that on top of calculating the days together on a monthly tally where 2 visits may be inside a time line.

i have personally met several people who have been in hospital for over a week
    2 of which were critical life support
    1 who is a regular who usually does about 3 days in hospital every visit so might spend more than a week in hospital inside 1 calendar month etc
    usa health system is all about extracting cash from people so its big data is pretty useless
    the big data collection is always filtered for profit by the collecting entity
    so the scope of relative scientific information is stripped of its pure medical data by deliberate omission or by deliberate marginalization.