the power of water?

Discussion in 'Astronomy, Exobiology, & Cosmology' started by bob, Sep 7, 1999.

1. bob Registered Member

I was watching this show on TLC about space travel a long time ago and it talked about that when water is shot out of a magnetic accelerator it has incredible power. But they never went into ny detail, and i started getting curious about it recently. Anyone know anything about this?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. schredinger Registered Member

Are U saying that they put a wather in acelerators?! I study a lot about accelerators, but I didn`t know that.
    I think that it is impossible.
    However, if it is true, i would like to know a little more about it,...

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. bob Registered Member

Actually they were talking about more of a "rail gun", and my friend mentioned that the military is experimenting with "water bullets", but this guy never really knows what hes talking aout so hes not a good source. Anyone know somthing about this?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Blacktubby Registered Senior Member

>Actually they were talking about more of a "rail gun", and my friend mentioned that the military is experimenting with "water bullets", but this guy never really knows what hes talking aout so hes not a good source. Anyone know somthing about this?
    ---------------

Here in canada the bomb disposal squads use a shotgun like machine to shoot water at close range to destroy bombs.

In terms of a rail guns, I have very little knowledge of such things. Sorry.

------------------
    Blacktubby,

"Reality has a way of catching up with you, the way the ground catches up with an airplane that runs out of fuel."