The Purpose of Life

Discussion in 'Eastern Philosophy' started by kmguru, Jul 18, 2014.

1. Write4U Valued Senior Member

I've thought on the OP question and after deep soul searching I have come to the conclusion that;
    "Life is like a dark deep well"
    "Well, isn't it?"

Michael 345 likes this.
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Michael 345 New year. PRESENT is 72 years oldl Valued Senior Member

Well worth looking into by shining light and plumbing the depths and floating some ideas around

Put it on the bucket list

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Write4U likes this.
  4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Curious layman Registered Member

Listening to classic rock like AC/DC, Led Zeppelin, Jimi Hendrix, Pink Floyd etc.. seems to be the purpose of my life at the moment. Oh and Bob Marley too

Live in U.K. So things a bit confusing/weird at the moment, nothing a bit of AC/DC can't fix though

sideshowbob likes this.
  6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. river

To the Egyptians , back in the time of Ramses the second , the purpose of Human Life was the goal of a " quality of intelligence " . ( R.A. Schwaller de Lubicz , book The Temple in man ) .

Last edited: Sep 22, 2019
  8. davewhite04 Valued Senior Member

It is up to you to decide what your purpose in life is, so your question "The purpose of Life" is answered by your purpose. It is relative to you

9. just me Registered Senior Member

what you are doing here is whatever you are experiencing, and the same goes for me.
    and the meaning of your life is whatever you think it is right now, and the same goes for me.

10. Dennis Tate Valued Senior Member

First.... we all need to know what we really are.....
    and I like what was shown to a near death experiencer from Iran who lives in Spain. She was shown that the Seven Spirits of God are the fourteen Elohim of Genesis chapter one.

She was shown the Seven Spirits of God are twins... a Male and a Female in each pair.

A spark... or mini clone or cell from one of the Elohim is given to every human being at conception.

We will live and learn and learn and learn for infinite time in the future and what we are leaning in this quite difficult human life is of eternal value.

This book by a near death experiencer is kind of brilliant.... in my opinion... I cannot point out any obvious errors in anything that he writes myself.

http://www.allaboutchristian.com/spirituality/

11. Michael 345 New year. PRESENT is 72 years oldl Valued Senior Member

Good place to start right here

Might be some minor variations but the range will be small

The whole book would be a error having been the product of a delirious oxygen starved brain and random firing neurons

Dennis Tate likes this.
  12. Dennis Tate Valued Senior Member

Or it could have been a meeting between the spirit of a human created in the image of YHWH who met with
    YHWH in higher invisible dimensions of space and time as is implied by String Theory as it was written up back in the 1990's.

That is the intellectual dilemma that confronts us!

Near death experiencer Christian Andreaeson, chapter three:

http://www.allaboutchristian.com/spirituality/

13. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

Last edited: Mar 7, 2021
  14. Dicart Registered Senior Member

If all is only a question of atoms, why then do you distinguish the life form from his environment ?

Concerning the book, i dont know, but concerning NDE (perhaps it is what you talk about) dont you think it would be a miracle if a delirious oxygen starving brain would let the starving one see only people who really died.

Why in their delirium do they not see living people and only see people who really died ???

15. Michael 345 New year. PRESENT is 72 years oldl Valued Senior Member

What makes you think that once the brain gets some oxygen into itself and begins to work straight again it has a good recall of what it was thinking (word used lightly) when it was nearly dead?

16. Michael 345 New year. PRESENT is 72 years oldl Valued Senior Member

Because LIFE is a PROCESS

When you die those atoms do indeed return to just being substançes. Some will be taken up by other life forms ie the bacterium which help decompose you, if buried the worms which find you a tasty snack

Some of your precious atoms, once incorporated in your life process might find their was into the plant life of the cemetery

17. Dicart Registered Senior Member

Because this is what around 8% people report (when asked...) when they do a cardiac arrest.

Mostly they also do decorporation (OBE), so be able to move in space at the speed of the mind.
    They report that their tought was clear, and more surprisingly, their tought was clearer as like the one they have when "they live".

And this is what i have experimented too.
    Clear mind, surprised to be able of thinking, time going very slow until time stop, so very scared to get stuck here for eternity with only my mind "to speak with", teleportation from one point of view to an other until the whole world disappeared and i found myself in some sort of black grey void with nothing around, not even my body.
    And i was thinking clearly... thats very scary.
    I was atheist by default at this time, with no judgment, not saying that there was God or saying that there was no God.

18. Dicart Registered Senior Member

Your computer or wall street are process too.
    Why do you care of life process then ?
    Is there something special going on with life ?

19. Michael 345 New year. PRESENT is 72 years oldl Valued Senior Member

When your desktop top computer marries your laptop and starts pumping out tablets call me

LIFE is BIOLOGICAL process. Different animal than just activity

20. Dicart Registered Senior Member

Ok then, what are the criterion that permit you to do the classification ?

Is there life entropy, life energy, life enthalpie, life gravity, etc, so special properties for life, and other classical properties for non-living atom clusters ?

21. Michael 345 New year. PRESENT is 72 years oldl Valued Senior Member

I didn't / haven't done the classification. It was done long before I was even born nearly 80 years ago

I infer from your question you never had biology lessons

Living entities take in sustenance (food), PROCESS the food, break it down (digest) into its component elements, use the component elements where required for growth, repair

Stuff that cannot be used by the body is expelled.

This PROCESSING generates heat, and it continues until you die. Once death occurs and cell metabolism (see diagram showing a aspect of metabolism). There are a lot of different aspects (activity) going on in cells

METABOLISM

Google metabolism

Anyway when death occurs all that activity stops and that wonderful body you have built up begins to rot / decompose / decay by the action of bacteria

non-living atom clusters

I will let you into a secret - none of the atoms or atom clusters in your body are alive

classical properties for non-living atom clusters

If you mean the rock in your garden. You might have noticed it does not do anything of its own volition. It's temperature is the ambient temperature of its surroundings. If rain falls on it, it becomes wet

life gravity

Very odd aspect of your question. Your body has MASS, tick. A PROPERTY of MASS is GRAVITY. Since the human body does not have much mass in comparison to the Earth if you are falling from hight Earth gravity will attract you must more (provide more gravity to the total gravity pull, than your gravity pull on the Earth)

If you could eliminate Earth gravity on your body your gravity pull on the Earth would not be enough to bring it ONE Planck length closer to your body due to the INERTIA of EARTH

None of the above is special. Exceedingly complex, yes, special no

22. Dicart Registered Senior Member

So, with your definition, why is the Sun a living being ?
    Is it ?

23. Michael 345 New year. PRESENT is 72 years oldl Valued Senior Member

Who told you that? Don't bother. Seriously whoever told you that is one sick puppy with one scrambled dumb brain