The Quran foretells about a future meeting with the people of Mars.

Discussion in 'Pseudoscience Archive' started by eanassir, Mar 20, 2007.

1. BenTheMan Dr. of Physics, Prof. of Love Valued Senior Member

It is an interesting question, whether life is generic to suitable conditions, or whether it is improbable. I have no trouble believing either way---if the universe is flat (it is), then it is infinite. If it is infinite, then nothing is unlikely---intelligence HAD to develop somewhere...why not here?

But, the utter lack of atmosphere on Mars, and the lack of a magnetic field to prevent the surface from being bombarded by high amounts of radiation, seem to be ignored in the Koran, aparently...

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. BenTheMan Dr. of Physics, Prof. of Love Valued Senior Member

Note that when I say "here" I am not talking about SciForums. This place seems to be largely devoid of any intelligence.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Stryder Keeper of "good" ideas. Valued Senior Member

If there had been any life on Mar's then there would be the remnants of it in the form of Biomass or high levels of nitrates within the Martian "Dust". Such things could be surveyed by geophysics like for instance Methane pockets in regards to fossil fuels etc.

Although you have to note, the Earth spawned life while being covered by 2/3's water, with Mar's there were debates as to whether any water would be found. The chances are what water is present is not enough to sustain life in regards to an evolving ecosystem.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Rick Valued Senior Member

we look for things that arent there, but if we look long enough, we might see somethings which are un-expected.

btw : Stryder that icon / avatar <em> sucks </em>... getting into my eyes

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Rick

8. BenTheMan Dr. of Physics, Prof. of Love Valued Senior Member

Stryder----

Life cannot exist except with lots of water? What is the argument?

9. Stryder Keeper of "good" ideas. Valued Senior Member

Offtopic, the avatar was altered as rather than being Anti-Diktat I decided to try a different branch to go against the grain.. Since the Diktat is now over (another sciforums historic legacy) I can return my Avatar to it's more standard boring non-pirate kicking ninja butt state.

As for topic, We all look for something at the end of the day but no matter how hard we strain to see what we want to, it doesn't make it happen

(Otherwise I'd have loads of money)

10. lilmoe Registered Member

Hello all,

This is my first post here, but i would have to totally disagree with the first post on this thread... and also would have to disagree that religion and science should cosidered as 'disagreeing'...

I am also a muslem, just like the good guy who made the post. i'm sure he didn't mean any harm when he made that (time consuming) post, but as i said, i TOTALLY disagree with what he said. the quran has mentioned lots of scientific stuff (one was the rotation of the sun around itself - quran 36:38) however it has mentioned it (the sun) as an object and was very clear about it. the quran has also mentioned stars, planets and the earth. what the guy here is saying is most probably himself trying to interpret what the book means (and NO, not anyone can explain whatever is inside the quran), and no one can come up with an explanation or interpretation that would be considered part of the islamic faith. as little would know, the quran is pretty hard to read and understand even for us arabs, and human interpretation may vary from time to time.

it really saddens me that such people add posts on (lets say) non-islamic forums, when they themselves don't know what they're posting. gosh it irretates me. the bible and the old testaments also talk about lots of things in that matter but religious people disagree on their interpretations, so do muslims when it comes to the quran.

i'm a admirer of free speech, the internet has made that more possible than ever, however, if someone from texas says Bush is a prophet that doesn't mean the entire state of texas said that. (i was born and raised in texas, but now i live in the middle east) and NO i don't like the guy and i curse the day i voted for him. i hope Intellectuals here understand what i mean. but i'll say it anyway, if the first post was made by a muslim, again, that doesn't mean we all agree with it

i don't think i would survive on mars, nor do i think anyone who can read this would, but there MIGHT be some life forms on the planet, bacteria or whatever... plus we'll never know untill someone brings us a sample of the red soil or sand.

ps: yea, we do write alot, hehehehe, but i'm one of those who like to explain things and not just copy-paste.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2007
  11. RLuvPepsi Registered Member

What??

How did u get anything about mars from what u "translated" :m:

12. ashpwner Registered Senior Member

yer well our bible tells of another christ oh well well prbably just end up killing him again

13. Norsefire Salam Shalom Salom Registered Senior Member

NO instead we should send the Jews to mars! Oh boy, that would solve our problems!

14. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

The Quran foretells about a future meeting with the people of Mars.
    HAHA! Only in sciforums we can find this kind of thing!!!!

:roflmao::roflmao:

15. Norsefire Salam Shalom Salom Registered Senior Member

wow I'm moslem but whoever posted that is a nut

16. Kaz Registered Member

17. lilmoe Registered Member

there isn't, again it's just one person's openion (interpretation)...

18. lilmoe Registered Member

19. Vega Banned Banned

A moslem nut!